"GW announces a slash in their product prices!!!"

...Not going to happen!! ?:;):

hehe

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: More quotes...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Funny, Saddam and his info Minister, don't have much to say these days ... I wonder why ?! ???   Sorry guys, I couldn't pass up making a comment. My old units from the 101 ABN and 3rd Bde, 3 I.D. are there and my buddy commanded the Paras that dropped in the north.  Glad most of it's over ...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Godspeed Legion 4. I hope none of your buddies were injured.

Also, I heard a "fact" the other day that the 101st Airborne is a bigger military force than the the Uk Army, Navy, Airforce and Marines put together. Is that true?

Cheers

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for asking Chris, so far, ?as far as I know, all have made it thru all right. ?My buddy in Washington has not e-mailed me lately so everything must be good. :) ?But any Coalition loss saddens me. ?Well the 101 is about 18,000 troops total, so it's not the biggest unit in the US Forces. ?The 3rd & 4th I.D. are about 20,000 each and the 1st Marine Div. (our brothers, with the Navy), are over 20,000. ?I believe the UK Forces in Iraq and around the Gulf area, are about 45,000. Including your Paras, Royal Marines, 7th Armoured (the Desert Rats), etc. So there are a lot of troops getting sand in their boots ... :D ? Thanks again for asking, I hope all will be home soon, but this is going to take some time. ?We still have 9000 troops in Afghanistan, not to mention, Bosnia, Kosavo etc. ...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I heard on the UK news that two UK divisons were coming home, just leaving The Desert Rats.

Also, through doing History though school and learning about Custer, my teacher was suprised to hear about 3 weeks ago that Custers regiment, the 7th Cavelry was fighting outside Baghdad. Quite Amazing.

Cheers

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh yes, your Desert Rats have been around since WWII, fighting Rommel in the Western deserts of North Africa. ?Many of both US and UK units have linage that go back in history. ?Custer's, 7th Cav is just one of them, the US 3rd & 4th I.Ds. back to WWI. And some of our Regiments go all the way back to the Revolution or the American Civil Civil War. The 10th Cav that's with the 4th I.D. is a famous unit known as the "Buffalo Soldiers", that fought in our Indian Wars. ?So every unit is very proud of it's heritage. ?In WWI the 42nd Inf. Div. was made up of units that fought against each other during the Civil War. ? Well thanks for your interest and there's a few history facts that most people in the US don't even know ! :D