Login |  Register |  FAQ

WTB Forumware Space Marines?

Post subject: WTB Forumware Space Marines?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi everyone,

definitely missed the boat on all the wonderful forumware models that came out, as I've only recently gotten back into Epic after a 20 year hiatus. I'm not a big fan of a lot of the 3d printed STL's that I see, and I have managed to acquire several forumware figures (chaos, etc) recently.

I'm hoping someone has extra forumware space marines - terminators, assault, scouts, etc, anything! I'm not so enthralled with the official GW marine models and I'm not keen on doing a 3d printed army so I'm hoping there's some great forumware marine models that someone isn't using that they might considering selling.

Thanks so much!

Doug

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: WTB Forumware Space Marines?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

There’s a complete Night Lords 30k Army up on eBay (not my listing) - https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Epic-40k-30k-Ar ... SwVQhgMLJg

If Night Lords aren’t your thing, I can highly endorse Super Clean (purple automotive cleaner-degreaser) as an outstanding way to safely strip minis.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I will never cease to be amazed at Aussie prices. If someone down there perfects the tech that kills GW entirely they will have brought it on themselves.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Praetorian25 wrote:
There’s a complete Night Lords 30k Army up on eBay (not my listing) - https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Epic-40k-30k-Ar ... SwVQhgMLJg

If Night Lords aren’t your thing, I can highly endorse Super Clean (purple automotive cleaner-degreaser) as an outstanding way to safely strip minis.

Good luck!

That is pretty cool but I'm looking for 40k era marines, or at least, post-heresy marines :) thank you though!

I have managed to locate some devastator squads so if anyone has tacticals, assault, terminators, scouts, characters? Thanks!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

there's little there that wouldn't be found in a 40k army either, other than those Spartans (and that's a case of rarity, not existence). Mk2-5 armour all are still found in 40k timeframes, after all. Throw in some MK6 and 7 figures and you have a pretty good cross selection for a 40k army IMHO.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

jimmyzimms wrote:
there's little there that wouldn't be found in a 40k army either, other than those Spartans (and that's a case of rarity, not existence). Mk2-5 armour all are still found in 40k timeframes, after all. Throw in some MK6 and 7 figures and you have a pretty good cross selection for a 40k army IMHO.

Totally reasonable point but lordy the price tag is what dissuades me. I've managed to get some forumware chaos marines, and some forumware marine devastators, at about 25 usd cents per figure so I'm hoping to keep it around that price :P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

oh yeah that lot is bonkers price. just was trying to note the generic 30k forumware / print / proxy concept shouldn't put you off from 40k, that's all.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:12 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looks like he’s about 50% over, but maybe he’s trying to make back some of his time/effort in paint. Casts look clean, probably originals, and he dropped $80 Aus from his original (even more excessive) price. Might be worth pinging him to see if he’ll adjust his listing to “make an offer.”

Agreed, the ask is quite high, but it’s tough to find a good block of original casts these days.

Anyhoo - just a thought.

Maybe some point this decade we’ll be able to get back to playing games. It’s been over a year since the last time my Guard posted a loss to my opponents Iyanden or Necrons.

Cheers!