Login |  Register |  FAQ

Capitol Imperialis unit statistics

Post subject: Capitol Imperialis unit statistics
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 2:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have had the opportunity to purchase a Capitol Imperialis, and a lot of other very rare miniatures. I was unable to find a set of rules for the capitol imperialis, as FW and GW did not release any (they were going to, but did not).

I found a set of rules for them in a fan based 5th edition Lords of Battle V2 minidex from bell of lost souls (now only available on Scribd). Based on those rules I converted them into a set of Epic Rules and hope they are suitable for legal game play. You could have it as part of the 1/3 contingent in certain imperial guard lists, squat lists, iron warriors and imperial first lists.

Rules:
Capitol Imperialis in Epic Armageddon. Cost 800 points May only be used in armies of 4000 points or more.

Moves 10cm (very slow) Save 4+ RA, thick rear armour. DC 8, 6 imperial void shields.

Weapons Turret mounted Volcano cannon, 3 banks of Plasma cannons on each side.

Volcano Cannon range: 90cm, 2+ MW, TK (D3)
Bank of Plasma Cannons: 3 x 30cm MW4+ Left side, 3 x 30cm MW4+ Right side.

Fearless.

Carries 50 units chosen from infantry (ogryns, rough riders, tarantulas, mole mortars, rapiers, jump troops, terminators and other large infantry count as 2 infantry), vehicles chosen from Sentinel (count as 2 units), chimeras and other tanks based on the same chassis (count as 5 units). 30 units exluding vehicles may shoot from the firing ports and the top platform (these units may FF while in an engagement even if enemy in base contact). You can not mount troops in vehicles to reduce their number from the carrying capacity.

Critical hit same as for a warlord titan. Units mounted on the WE get to save as those on a Leviathan would.

As an alternative or addition, you could have 1D6 units mounted on the Capitol Imperialis hit as is the case for the Gorgon.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Capitol Imperialis unit statistics
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm not sure where the Volcano Cannon comes from. Back in the day, they had a Behemoth Cannon which was a very short-range barrage weapon that put down four templates.

Anyway, there are some suggested stats here: https://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd ... 86&t=20434

The Jok3r version would be the closest in armament to the original.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:40 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The volcano cannon came from the 5th edition fan rules. bell of lost souls lords of war
V2 minidex.

I thought the Capitol Imperialis did not have any statistics released by GW or Forgeworld.

I could have 2 weapon options for the Capitol Imperialis, one more expensive with the Volcano Cannon at say 650 to 700 points, and another at a discounted cost with shorter ranged Behemoth cannon. I see in the link there are 3 variants people have designed, with a cost of between 500 and 650 points.

I do like the DC, void shields and critical rules on the E&C variant. I like the E&C variant, but would only allow the troops shooting via firing slits to use FF not their CC value.

Last edited by Deb on Thu May 14, 2020 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Capitol Imperialis and Hellbore both had rules in older editions of Epic.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 6:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Okay, so I can design a set of rules as I mentioned one for a standard Brigade level commander, and a Army or Army group level supreme commander that can increase strategy rating, and allow a second supreme commander re-roll. That might make it worth taking in games worth 4000 points or more. It might be limited like the Imperator Titan, and the Ork Mega-Gargant.

But I can see a use fo them.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 2:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I worked out the 2 variants. Each has its benefits, and you can only have 1 capitol imperialis, and it is limited to armies of 4000 points or more.

My 2 variants

0 – 1 (only 1 per army of 4000 points or more).
Capitol Imperialis (Brigade Command) 550 points.
Notes: Damage Capacity 10, 5 Void Shields, Reinforced Armour, Thick Rear Armour, Inspiring, Supreme Commander.
War Engine move 10cm, Save 4+, CC 6+, FF 5+.
Advanced Defence System (15cm) Close Combat AND/OR Small Arms.
Weapons
4XLascannon 45cm AT4+
4xHeavy Bolter 30cm AP5+
Volcano Cannon Turret mounted (90cm) MW2+, TK (D3)
Critical Damage: Internal explosions cause an extra point of damage and inflict hits on D6 transported units (Determine randomly which specific units are hit). If destroyed, all allied formations in LoS take a Blast marker.

0 – 1 (only 1 per army of 4000 points or more)
Capitol Imperialis (Planetary Command) 600 points
Notes: Damage Capacity 10, 5 Void Shields, Reinforced Armour, Thick Rear Armour, Inspiring, Supreme Commander, increases Strategy rating to 4, adds an additional re-roll per turn from the supreme commander ability.
War Engine move 10cm, Save 4+, CC 6+, FF 5+.
Advanced Defence System (15cm) Close Combat AND/OR Small Arms.
Weapons
4XLascannon 45cm AT4+
4xHeavy Bolter 30cm AP5+
Behemoth Cannon 75cm 6BP Indirect Fire
Critical Damage: Internal explosions cause an extra point of damage and inflict hits on D6 transported units (Determine randomly which specific units are hit). If destroyed, all allied formations in LoS take a Blast marker.