Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

[fanlist] Tallarn Desert Raiders

Post subject: Re: [fanlist] Tallarn Desert Raiders
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm a fan of this v0.7

I'll have a play around and see what I can come up with :)

Though now I need to go on a hunt for some good Mukaali proxies

====================================================
Quick edit after playing around with the list and I keep getting stuck with the traditional guard 1 core for 2 support.

250pts left over and no decent way to spend it.

Current build is:

MEch Inf Compay 400 (450)
Sup commander stnd 50
10gaurd
2snip
7chimera

Anti Aircaft Platoon (175)
4 Chimera
4 Sabers

Hellhounds (250)
6 Hellhounds

Mukaali Company (300)
10 Mukaali

Griffon Squadron 175
3x Griff

Griffon Squadron 175
3x Griff

Inf COmpany (275)
Sabre

Tauros Platoon (200)

Tauros Platoon (200)

Thunderbolt (150)

Thunderbolt (150)

Marauder Squad (250)

12 activation's is nothing to scoff at but a lot of this is light vehicles or fragile units of three.
I know I could go another bomber and take me up to 13 activations easily but I'd just love to be able to get another guard unit in. Something like the light artillery or the unit of sentinels.

What's out thoughts on going 1 core to 3 support for this list?

Also just a quick question, is the upgrade limiting me to a single sabre for core, or is it an upgrade with sabre platforms being 25ea? Thus allowing me to buy 3 for a core formation?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 4:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
250pts left over and no decent way to spend it.

Why not grab a Knight, and 75pts of Upgrades?

Or, just a basic Inf Company?

And/or drop the Marauders because they are Marauders. :-P
(And then you have 500pts to play with)

Quote:
Also just a quick question, is the upgrade limiting me to a single sabre for core

Traditionally, Guard lists have only been allowed to take one of each upgrade, per formation.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 5:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey Jimmy, the army list looks good - the Knights do seem overpriced though. In the Knight World list, 3 Knights (Paladin/Lance) cost only 300 points. Due to the understandable lack of traditional Guard WE support, the Knights become a more important option in the list so I'd suggest a points drop to 300 for three. They could be priced at 100 points each or a higher price for one Knight and a discount for each additional Knight after that as it is done with Ork formations. Just my two cents

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 5:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
the Knights do seem overpriced though

Note these are Questoris statted Knights - statted to match the modern GW plastic model, not the E40k era Paladins.
So they're a bit better.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

yeah these are not the old knights but NuKnights. That stats are a bunch better.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 5:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So they're Primaris Knights then? ;)

Fair enough

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi.

This weekend I'm going to a tournament in Madrid (Spain). We will be 12 players. I'll try this list:
Companies
Infantry Comp @ 250
Sabre @ 25
Commissar @ 0
Infantry Comp @ 250
HQ @ 50
Sabre @ 25
Commissar @ 0
Mukaalis (6+4) @ 300
Commissar @ 0
Mukaalis (6+4) @ 300
Commissar @ 0

Support
Tallarn Sentinels @ 150
Dessert Riders @ 175
Teleport @ 50
Commissar @ 0
Conquerors @ 325
Conquerors @ 325
Rough Riders @ 175
Commissar @ 0
Hellhounds (6) @ 250
Griffon (6) @ 175
AA Platoon @ 175

Total 3000

My intention is to try the rule of garrison two extra units to put them near, according to the game, the Mukaalis or the Conquerors next to the two infantry formations and the Rough Riders.

As I need the 3k points in Tallarn to do this, I've omitted the aircrafts and the IKs. That's why I've use that AA platoon.

I think that the list fits well with the spirit of the Tallarn Desert Riders and use most of the units.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks. That's a fun list. I love conquers and putting them forward is great idea

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

This weekend we have organized a tournament in Madrid, as I told you.

I played three games with Tallarn's list above. I played two games against Ghazghkull's lists and another against a list of Titans.

The results are conditioned because we are pretty much noobs almost all, but hey, that's what I have.

In the first game I played against this:

Blitz Brigade (normal) @150
Flakkwagon @35
Gunfortress @125
Oddboy @50

Stormboyz @150
2 x Koptas @70

Kult of Speed (normal) @200
2 x Skorchas @50

Mekboyz Gunzmob (normal) @125
Flakkwagon @35
Oddboy @50
Nobz @35

Mekboy Stompamob (normal) @225
+1 Stompa @50
Flakkwagon @35
5 x Killa Kanz @125

Warband (Big) @350
1 x Extra Nobz @35

Warband (Normal) @200
4 x Battlewagon @100

Fighta Swadron @150

Gargant @650
Warboss @0

I garrisoned the no HQ infantry formation, both Conquerors and the Rough Riders. At last I won, but i think that just for the lack of experience of the ork player. In this play I understood that all the chances of the list were going to depend on multiple charges with commanders. I managed to charge with a Mukaalis formation along with the Hellhounds formation to the formation with the Gunfortress and supporting them with a diminished formation of Leman Russ and anihilate it. The next turn i did the same with the Gargant, suportting this time with the HQ infantry formation. The same with the Stompas in the other flank...

I only cause damage with that multiple charges.

The next play were against this:
Legio Gryphonicus
WARLORD TITAN [925]
Legate, 2 Volcano Cannon, 2 Apocalypse Missile Launcher, Carapace Multi-Lasers

REAVER TITAN [625]
Apocalypse Missile Launcher, Gatling Blaster, Turbo-laser Destructor

WARHOUND TITAN [300]
2 Inferno Gun, Single Weapon System Surcharge

WARHOUND TITAN [275]
Vulcan Megabolter, Plasma Blastgun

WARHOUND TITAN [275]
Vulcan Megabolter, Plasma Blastgun

WARHOUND TITAN [300]
Turbo-laser Destructor, Plasma Blastgun

THUNDERBOLT SQUADRON [150]
2 Thunderbolts

THUNDERBOLT SQUADRON [150]
2 Thunderbolts

3000 POINTS

I garrisoned one Mukaali formation, the no HQ Infantry together (trying to get both out LOS) and the griffon formation y the Rough Riders together in the other flank, totally out of LOS. In the first turn the double inferno Warhound achieved to position seeing the garrisoned infantry and with the template touched some Mukaalis. The infantry suffered lots of casualties but the Mukaalis endured the enemy fire very well. Those Mukaalis charged to that Warhound and took them down (them, alone). In the other flank i positioned the other Mukaali in a forest out of LOS to ambush something in that flank, but he move double with another Warhound to see them and fire. It was an error. 7 Mukaalis plus the RRs took it down too. In that moment the player understood that he shouldn't enter in range of charge of my Mukaalis.

Even so, I destroyed the Reaver and another Warhound, but time betrayed me and the play ended as a draw.

Last game was against another ork. I don't have the list. It was 2 formations of cannons (8 regulars +2 TK canons), 2 formations of 8 ¿gun waggons? + 2 MW, 1 big formations of orks, dreads and stompas, 2 formations of rocket boyz and 1 formations of lots of bikes and 3 buggies. Ah! And 2x3 Fighta Bommer.

This game was very competitive. Once more, Mukaalis and Hellhound multiple charges were powerfull but against orks... I lost the game due to five terrible dice rolls (1 2d6 of double 1 for the combat result against the big ork formation when I was winning by 1, 3 of 3 regroup rolls for Mukaalis, Conquerors and Infantry and the subsequent initiative).

As a final conclusion:
- Mukaalis are good. But the Support has no sense. Most times is better to get them into cc to do one atack at 4+ than the FF at 5+.
- Griffons, at least as independent unit, make cry the Emperor. They do almost nothing.
- Desert Riders (the formation) are ok. Not much powerfull but usefull to make support fire and cross fire.
- Deser Riders (The whole list): The only thing we can play is some multiple charges and pray to win and remain together to avoid that the enemy take you individually (if they don't have artillery) and/or Spam of Conqueror.

I need to try the list against lists with Fire Power. I think Tallarn has nothing to do against them.

And a question: Why Mukaalis has the Mounted rule? They are LV alredy, aren't they?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have the last list you are missing, Pencanenas, but yeah, it is what you are describing. This Ork one was about put some BMs or breaking the Blitz Brigades and destroy the Kult and the game is almost won. The rest is too slow to pose much of a threat, but in your case is harder due to the number of formations and units on garrison.

A pity i could not play against you, the list seems interesting, like a not boring Baran/Ferals or not too powerful Krieg.

I would give the Griffons another try. They are not much versatile, but they can work by the sheer amount of fire they provide per point spent.

WARBAND (BIG) [545]
4 Nobz, 12 Boyz, 4 Grotz, Flakwagon, 2 Stompa (2x Big Gunz), 2 Dreadnought, Warlord

BLITZ BRIGADE (BIG) [350]
Flakwagon, 7 Gunwagon, 2 Oddboy - Super Zzap

BLITZ BRIGADE (BIG) [350]
2 Flakwagon, 6 Gunwagon, 2 Oddboy - Super Zzap

MEKBOY GUNMOB (BIG) [395]
10 Big Gunz, 2 Oddboy - Soopagun, 2 Nobz

MEKBOY GUNMOB (BIG) [395]
10 Big Gunz, 2 Oddboy - Soopagun, 2 Nobz

KULT OF SPEED (BIG) [350]
4 Buggy 12 Warbike

STORMBOYZ WARHORDE [150]
6 Stormboyz

STORMBOYZ WARHORDE [150]
6 Stormboyz

FIGHTA SQUADRON [150]
3 Fighta Bomba

FIGHTA SQUADRON [150]
3 Fighta Bomba

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

.8 in the OP.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:47 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Evil and Chaos wrote:
Quote:

Note these are Questoris statted Knights - statted to match the modern GW plastic model, not the E40k era Paladins.
So they're a bit better.

They can also Garrison forwards using the army special rule. I think this is fine so long as it’s tested.

Really liking this list!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Errata? Conqueror Cannon 40cm instead of 45cm.

I'm spanish so I don't understand everything prerfectly. When you say "For every complete 1500 points of army selected, the Tallarn player may choose[...]" does it include allied forces? And if you have a 2995 Army, does it still grant 2 additional garrisoned units?

Glad to see the Marauder Destroyers again and it's great to be able to upgrade support formations.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

RugII wrote:
Evil and Chaos wrote:
Quote:

So they're a bit better.

They can also Garrison forwards using the army special rule. I think this is fine so long as it’s tested.

Really liking this list!

6.1.5 and the related FAQ entries explicitly prevents W/E garrisoning (unless they have 0cm move units) so didn't think that it needed to be spelled out. If it's confusing or could be open to dispute/misunderstanding we can work out alternate wording if you feel it is needed.

Further clarity to the nested quote above: This is the same unit as EpicUK has in their New-Style Knights list pilfered for our use. Modern fluff supports Qustoris knights being used to perform behind the lines raiding and hit and run attacks plus it gives the list the extra needed staying power to make it to T3.

Pencanenas wrote:
Errata? Conqueror Cannon 40cm instead of 45cm.

Yeah that's a typo: 45cm just like the rest of the NetEA unit/weapons. I've corrected the source document so it'll get reflected next time we repost.

Pencanenas wrote:
I'm spanish so I don't understand everything prerfectly. When you say "For every complete 1500 points of army selected, the Tallarn player may choose[...]" does it include allied forces?

It would, in that yes that wording would mean it applies to everything on the list. However there's nothing in the allies section that is allowed to garrison per the rulebook.

Pencanenas wrote:
And if you have a 2995 Army, does it still grant 2 additional garrisoned units?

Nope just the 1, hence the "complete" vs the standard "per N points, or part thereof, in the army" wording convention (see the commissar faction specific rule for example). Again, if people have suggested verbage, happy to entertain :) We're here to be clear, after all

Pencanenas wrote:
Glad to see the Marauder Destroyers again and it's great to be able to upgrade support formations.

Yeah me too. I had forgotten that EpicUK had working, stable, and long tested formation/unit stats (Thanks for pointing that out, Apoc) that we could straight up steal use. I think, again, it gives a squishy list some teeth as well as the thematic North African campaign vibe we're going for.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:54 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

6.1.5 says that formations can garrison if half or more the units are Scouts OR if the unit has a move of less than 15cm and is not a War Engine OR if it has a move of 0cm. I couldn’t find a relevant FAQ.

As I read it this means two of three situations allow War Engines to garrison (under rare and unusual circumstances!) so I think the Tallarn special rule could do with clarification (either way!).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next