Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

World Chapionship. 2019 ORGANIZATION PAGE

Post subject: Re: World Chapionship. 2019 ORGANIZATION PAGE
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

No. :)

Think of it as a table which is run in order of points!

Team Played goals points
Scot 3 10 8
Eng 3 12 6
Swe 3 8 4

etc.

The goals ONLY matter for the table IF even on points.

Points are what matters the most.
1 point for a win, 1/2 for a draw.
There is no tie-break in games.

So if at the end of turn four the game is a draw, but you have killed the BTS (as you did last year),
you would get 1/2 point, and one goal, for your team. Your opponent would get 1/2 point and zero goals for their team.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok, last practical part of the organization.
I have had some debate about what method to arrange player matchups (once nations have been matched).
As per post in the debate section and discussions with UK players.
Once again the approach is two-fold, to let players play who they want to (within reason), but also to enhance the TEAM dynamic.
I really enjoyed the suggestion by Reksio, so have looked at a simplified process of this.

Before each game, countries shall know who they are playing, they will also know which country is further ahead.

The team that is in the lead will be considered the 'Home team'. They shall select one player and appoint them to one of the four tables.
The 'Away team' shall then decide who shall face them, and then appoint a player to an empty table.
The 'Home team' shall select their opponent, and then appoint a player to one of the two remaining tables. = etc.

So lets say A1 A2 A3 A4 face B1 B2 B3 B4, in which 1 is the best and 4 is the least experienced player.
A, having the higher tournament position pre-game, selects player A2 and appoints him a table.
Team B, select B1 to face him and then appoints B4 to a table.
Team A chases A3 to face him, then appoints A1,

It should be apparent that this can provide some team strategy in which players, and indeed which armies to play against which opponents / armies.
I don't think it will prove huge, but should add a bit more fun.
With the scoring method, I could see smart teams going - "right, player 4, you have krieg, you're going up against their best player and you are going to turtle! Whilst our best player with marines can then draw their third or fourth player and bring home the points."

Once again, I am sure there are many flaws in this, but I hope it adds to the fun of the day, sits in with the scoring, and the need to draw countries match ups pre-tournament.

I have no idea if any of this works, so feel free to stamp on me post-tournament if it doesn't.... :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dan 1314 wrote:
No. :)

Think of it as a table which is run in order of points!

Team Played goals points
Scot 3 10 8
Eng 3 12 6
Swe 3 8 4

etc.

The goals ONLY matter for the table IF even on points.

Points are what matters the most.
1 point for a win, 1/2 for a draw.
There is no tie-break in games.

So if at the end of turn four the game is a draw, but you have killed the BTS (as you did last year),
you would get 1/2 point, and one goal, for your team. Your opponent would get 1/2 point and zero goals for their team.

ace.. I'm happy ;D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

System looks odd, but well. As long as you trash your group system I am happy

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 8:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok, there have been some inquiries, so I wished to post some clarity on rules.
If players agree on different versions in the 5 minute warm up, that's up to them. Failing which the following interpretations will stand.
Note these are the versions we play to in Scotland, and I wished to clarify them to avoid some rude surprises in interpretations and to allow fast play (without needing to check). You may well have better rules, - but this is not a discussion on rule interpretation :)

An armored vehicle or war engine can provide cover to infantry in base contact. The number of units that can benefit from this are the vehicle's DC *2 (in the opposet style as pinning troops within requires 2*DC)
E.g 6 infantry can benefit from cover from standing next to a DC3 Shadowsord.
This provides -1 to hit. It offers no improvement on saves.

Units dismounting are placed WITHIN 5cm. Not wholly within.

Planes jinking receive a 4+, this is not invulnerable (so you get hit by macro or TK, you are toast).

Terrain and war engines are infinetly high. So not true line of sight with regards to height.
No units can see through two pieces of terrain, regardless of skimmer. - this seems the European style.

10cm into terrain = can't be seen.

Flush to the edge of terrain means that infantry can be picked up on the edge by a transport, but can also be CC by a vehicle.

Say it and its true. - Effectively lots of things may move on a table. If a player is able to put a unit 6cm away from another unit, or 10cm into terrain, then saying they are doing so makes it so. This means if later a piece is budged say to cause intermingle, it won't be treated as such. - If you think it can't be done, advise your opponent when they 'say it'.

The cover should be clear, but for clarity - a roofed building is a house (we have low standards in Scotland), no roof is a ruin. Trees are a forest.

Hits in an assault are allocated by the defender (assuming equal distance), first normal, then macro, then titan killer. - to give an example, IG with a gorgon assault and receive 2 normal hits and 1 TK. They can take the two normals into the gorgon, then the tk into a guardsman - providing they are equal distance. (I hate this interpretation, but everyone plays it in UK)

A barging war engine must barge towards the next nearest opponent in the assaulted unit (they can't use the barge to charge through a unit and push towards an objective).

Hopefully, these won't cause too much controversy as they are pretty much what is played in Epic Uk Championship and past Euros.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 8:53 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Thanks for the clarifications Dan, can you confirm if/that drop pods cannot scatter off table as well?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 9:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great call.

Under the UK rules, drop pods do not scatter off the table.
More is the pity - but we assume that Marines aren't that reckless.
They will stop at the nearest point that all onboard can be deployed.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:13 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Dan 1314 wrote:
Ok, there have been some inquiries, so I wished to post some clarity on rules.
If players agree on different versions in the 5 minute warm up, that's up to them. Failing which the following interpretations will stand.
Note these are the versions we play to in Scotland, and I wished to clarify them to avoid some rude surprises in interpretations and to allow fast play (without needing to check). You may well have better rules, - but this is not a discussion on rule interpretation :)

An armored vehicle or war engine can provide cover to infantry in base contact. The number of units that can benefit from this are the vehicle's DC *2 (in the opposet style as pinning troops within requires 2*DC)
E.g 6 infantry can benefit from cover from standing next to a DC3 Shadowsord.
This provides -1 to hit. It offers no improvement on saves.

Units dismounting are placed WITHIN 5cm. Not wholly within.

Planes jinking receive a 4+, this is not invulnerable (so you get hit by macro or TK, you are toast).

Terrain and war engines are infinetly high. So not true line of sight with regards to height.
No units can see through two pieces of terrain, regardless of skimmer. - this seems the European style.

10cm into terrain = can't be seen.

Flush to the edge of terrain means that infantry can be picked up on the edge by a transport, but can also be CC by a vehicle.

Say it and its true. - Effectively lots of things may move on a table. If a player is able to put a unit 6cm away from another unit, or 10cm into terrain, then saying they are doing so makes it so. This means if later a piece is budged say to cause intermingle, it won't be treated as such. - If you think it can't be done, advise your opponent when they 'say it'.

The cover should be clear, but for clarity - a roofed building is a house (we have low standards in Scotland), no roof is a ruin. Trees are a forest.

Hits in an assault are allocated by the defender (assuming equal distance), first normal, then macro, then titan killer. - to give an example, IG with a gorgon assault and receive 2 normal hits and 1 TK. They can take the two normals into the gorgon, then the tk into a guardsman - providing they are equal distance. (I hate this interpretation, but everyone plays it in UK)

A barging war engine must barge towards the next nearest opponent in the assaulted unit (they can't use the barge to charge through a unit and push towards an objective).

Hopefully, these won't cause too much controversy as they are pretty much what is played in Epic Uk Championship and past Euros.

Couple of clarifications on these (or at least the way we've been ruling in EUK events)

Terrain isn't 'Infinite' height but rather tall enough to block LoS. Infinite implies that it would block LoS for popped up skimmers which it doesn't (if they are closer than target)

On WE counter charging we introduced a rule that no part of a unit could counter charge more than 5cm. This was aimed at specifically gorgons which could before pivot on a with some parts of the model moving more than 5cm.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:32 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Thanks for this. Could you state which terrain falls under "etc" here for you guys?

1.9.2 wrote:
The line of fire is blocked by terrain features such as buildings, hills, woods, etc.

We play as open, river, road and scrub as NOT blocking LoF.

Also, Air Assault through ZoC or no?

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 5:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Terrain isn't 'Infinite' height but rather tall enough to block LoS. Infinite implies that it would block LoS for popped up skimmers which it doesn't (if they are closer than target)
Yup, that's what I mean. :) its kinda on the same page as 'I love you more than anyone in the worlld....'

Also, Dave, hopefully, everyone has the same on rivers and roads.
And we are unlikely to see scrubs.... other than the boys from the South of England ;)

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

We had rough ground/rubble last year in Berlin. Block LOS as ruins do or not?

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:42 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Quote:

Point of order

I generally see that if a standard hit is placed on a unit and it passes its save a follow up hit (MW) would then be placed on it again and repeat for a TK hit.

Is this not the better way to go, in that a unit (equal distance) is effectively pushed a fractional distance forward by the defender to take the first hit and it remains at the front for the subsequent hits?

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Tim, I wholly agree, but have long since lost that argument.
Feel free to raise with Epic UK to see if they change their mind.

(I have had the pleasure against Ferals of seeing all normal hits going into, and being saved by an Orkyosarus, then the TK hits being taken up by the Boyz).

But as said, this is how the rule is getting played, so unless this changes.... :)

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Macro should hit first target - whether hit by normal hit first or not. If this is not Epic UK policy please can it be clarified as the case asap.

The alternative interpretation is crap.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

http://www.taccmd.tacticalwargames.net/ ... =4&t=33462

There's the post - go mental there, :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next