Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

State of the Microworld 2017

Post subject: Re: State of the Microworld 2017
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I look forward to all of your new releases as always. Especially keen on ratmen but there is always room in a chaos army dor a two headed giant! Whats not to like?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

One thing that I think might be of an interest to people out there, especially ones teetering on the edge of what to get, would be a sampling deal. A few minis from several different armies so that people can buy something that will give them a true taste of what Microworld offers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:26 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

OutkastSamurai wrote:
One thing that I think might be of an interest to people out there, especially ones teetering on the edge of what to get, would be a sampling deal. A few minis from several different armies so that people can buy something that will give them a true taste of what Microworld offers.

Not a bad idea! Either a small selection from each range, or a handful of each code from a singular range. I can see good points for the customer in both options, though if the packs are predetermined by the amount from each 'spin' then it might get a little clumsy from the point of view of having half a cast run from dozens of different ranges laying about.

The bigger problem I always have is wanting at least one of every single pack!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Doomkitten wrote:

The bigger problem I always have is wanting at least one of every single pack!

This ! x42

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Exactly. I want all the things but maybe not an army of all the things. Who am I kidding I want an army of all the things but I want to sample it first since my wallet says I can't have them all right now.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:46 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Samplers are definitely a good idea, the only thing preventing me from doing it thus far is logistics. its the same reason I changed the army pack components to match existing pack sizes. Its just a big time sink physically sorting and bagging a sampler pack. I am thinking a $10-$12 sampler pack for each army, a handful of each troop type and then some odds and ends to even it out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:59 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

thedespot29 wrote:
Samplers are definitely a good idea, the only thing preventing me from doing it thus far is logistics. its the same reason I changed the army pack components to match existing pack sizes. Its just a big time sink physically sorting and bagging a sampler pack. I am thinking a $10-$12 sampler pack for each army, a handful of each troop type and then some odds and ends to even it out.

If you pay me in minis I'll sort out a few bags. :D

Would any particular method make managing the logistics less difficult? I've seen a few 6mm companies (Baccus at least, and I think others have done similar) just toss in a random handful from a range for a nominal fee (it was $3 or so, last time I got a sampler, several years ago now), with them making no promises as to what you're getting outside of a broad variation. Would keeping a container of mixed models from each army, then a disclaimer about "you get what you get, it's a sampler" make it easier?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The sample packs for the Wasteland series look great. That's exactly the kind of thing I was thinking might be great for the Fantasy selections.

What's the chance of griffins being sculpted for the woodlands army? Those would add a great combat flyer.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think it makes a lot of sense to sell samplers at a significantly increased price per model compared to buying them in bulk. I for one would have no objections to paying double per model compared to buying normally.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Love the start of the skirmish packs. Going to see what they all look like and choose a few different ones plus the wasteland samplers.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:50 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well now I've got no excuse with Holiday gifts coming up, do I?

Excellent stuff!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:46 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Any idea of when the Renaissance and Dark Alliance skirmish packs will be available? I have a feeling the Renaissance will end up broken up into Early, Landsknecht, and Fantasy but looking forward to seeing if the Hussars end up in any of the packs.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

OutkastSamurai wrote:
Any idea of when the Renaissance and Dark Alliance skirmish packs will be available? I have a feeling the Renaissance will end up broken up into Early, Landsknecht, and Fantasy but looking forward to seeing if the Hussars end up in any of the packs.

May not be the most helpful to you, but I've seen much of the Renaissance range "in the flesh" and the pictures don't come near to doing them justice. I found them universally to be great sculpts and great casts. The Winged Lancers, in particular, are absolutely glorious up close. Possibly my favorite 6mm miniatures -ever-.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I guess it is time for a n end of year update post!

All sampler packs will be updated and ready by early in January, will probably officially announce them then. I’m just waiting on getting some casting back before I post them all up and what not.

15mm fantasy, cleaned masters back at the moldmaker for wave 1 of the dark alliance. Waiting on 6 production molds, hopefully I can have them in hand in February to start casting. I got wave 2 sculpts in the mail, ready to follow up the wave 1 releases.

3mm scifi, all printing of the first 4 sets is finished, waiting on 13 production molds from moldmaker # 2, I am hoping to have them in hand by March for casting, but moldmaking times can vary greatly. I think March is reasonable though.

Last of the elf printing was ordered weeks ago, I expect to get the entirety of the prints back probably by mid-January. Everything will then go for moldmaking and casting to main caster..it is a lot though, so March may be a stretch. That is also assuming nothing goes wrong with the prints during moldmaking. I could head that off by sending all of the rats for moldmaking and casting first, in which case I would at least have those back definitely by March. Still undecided on this.

Fantasy naval, dwarf ships being sculpted now, Dark Alliance ships should be done by March probably, funds allowing. Same moldmaker that is doing the 3mm will do those, so I’m not in too much of a rush there, unless the 3mm molds come quicker. In order to recoup costs I will probably release these 2 as the first two fleets, use proceeds to release the next two (orcs, elves).

Dieselpunk, some sculpts from a forum member will be made early in the year that will be part of that line. I’d like to also commission the orc sculpts by February, funds allowing.
Some random stuff, Spanish renaissance command should be out early in the year. 2-headed giants, just painting them for the store. Lesser goblins may actually be close to completion, but I take that with a grain of salt.

The timeliness of each release will pretty much depend on the release prior, so here’s hoping the 15mm fantasy and 3mm scifi are moderately well received!

Thanks for the support everyone, Happy New Year!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:38 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

You do have one seriously heavy workload. I wondered whether you had decided to go with the elfs or rats first. I am keen on the rats and plan to make a big order. I was also planning to purchse gift vouchers monthly to save for them prior to their release when exchange rates are better (I'm from the uk). How long are gift vouchers valid for? I ask so that I can plan to get the ratmen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next