Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Horus Heresy Army Cards

Post subject: Re: Horus Heresy Army Cards
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes I am still working on them but have had a busy work schedule the last few months. I still plan to finish them, I was waiting for the next net epic update to release them.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

FYI I am also looking forward to them. Building a rather large 30k world eater army currently. Would like to use netepic rules as thats what we normally play. Currently I will have to use them as normal space marines or imperial guard (all the super heavies). So a very good initiative IMO.

We have at least 2 30k armies for netepic here (one being build -mine). So would love to see stats on the 30k units and costs ;) Would not mind giving feedback once we get to testing them, but will take a bit to get there.

Kind regards
Ronnie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi Ronnie,
I have done a little on this and have produced some stats for the models, they just need to costed, I will be going off a Netepic costing system (gut feeling) initially. These will be ammended when Platinum is released and a firm cost formula is set. Thanks for writing and I apologise for my late responce. I will post a PDF of the cards possibly Mon 16 Feb 16 in a new topic. Feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Squiggle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Death to the enemy!!!!

Attachments:
MANIPLE.jpg
MANIPLE.jpg [ 82.8 KiB | Viewed 8078 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Awesome job on the stats. I'll throw out a random suggestion on the Typhon. I think the Dreadhammer cannon seems a little under powered for a super heavy. Maybe give it range 75cm or a barrage template? I don't really see this as being any better than a vindicator right now. So maybe:

6. Typhoon Siege tank
Move 15cm
Armor save 2+
CAF +3
Weapons
Dreadhammer cannon range 75m, attack dice 1, to hit 3+, TSM -4 (affects buildings)
2 x Twin linked heavy bolter range 25, attack dice 2, to hit 5+, TSM 0
Abilities: destroys buildings.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've become very interested in the Malcador Defender. Something about it smacks of obsolete, second line PDF superheavy and I have to say that I would love to use it. After looking around, I really don't see good rules for it for Netepic Gold/2nd. If there are and i've just missed them, feel free to PM me. Otherwise, I've come up with the following after doing some research/reading.

Malcador Defender Superheavy Tank

Move: 15cm
Save: 3+ (4+RA)
CaF: +4
Weapons:
Heavy Bolters: R:50cm, Rof: 3 TH: 5+ TSM:0 360 degree
Demolisher Cannon: R:50cm, Rof: 1, TH: 4+, TSM:-3 Ignore Cover
Autocannons: R: 75cm, Rof: 2, TH: 5+, TSM: -1
**Added PD (5)**
Other: Any penetrating hit that does not destroy the tank causes it to be immobilized.

Points: Unknown. I'll let my betters decide that, but it doesn't seem like a very good superheavy so I'd guess between 100-175 points per model?

Discussion:
Movement: Everything I've read has refered to the rather poorly upkept/replaced engine that fails when the tank gets penetrated. Although Primarch gave the Malcador tank a 20cm move, this tank seems like it would be one step behind.

Save: Front armor similar to Leman Russ but better rear armor.

Caf: It's a superheavy slug without really heavy armor. I don't see it crushing lesser tanks like a Baneblade but it does have a lot of bolters so maybe a little better than a Leman Russ.

Weapons:
Heavy Bolters: Ok, so this is what the tank is best known for. I've tried to rectify number of Heavy bolter shots to data for other tanks but there really isn't any consistancy. I'd love to give it 5 attacks but that really seems excessive so I settled on three.
Demolisher Cannon=Vindicator's Thunderer Cannon.
Autocannons: This tank has sponsons that can be armed with heavy stubbers, autocannons, or lascannons! I went with the middle option (because that is what I would give it in 40k anyway) and used the standard autocannon stats.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Grum on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey Grum, thanks for the input I will amend the typhon to reflect above on my stats list. I will put the malcador in there too see if I can dig out some silhouettes. For future work seems like a tank the Death Guard would use.

Cheers

Squiggle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks Squiggle,

I have read the point value post and did the calculations for the Malcador Defender. I added a PD(5) to bump up the points a little. The result was around 95 points. I would put the cost at about 100 points.

I hope that helps! (and that I did it right)

Grum

**Math**
A:5
B:5.25
C:18
D:19
E:24+9+12+3.375
G: Moral 4, independent , no change
Total around 95, round up to 100 points)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Your math is close, but not quite right. Sorry for not posting sooner, I've been otherwise busy.

A = 4. 5 is for Titans, 4 is for Super Heavy & Knights

B is correct at 5.25

C is a bit tricky. I'm getting a final value of 20.25 there. This is from the base of 4 (save 3+) times 1.5 (Super Heavy) times 1.5 (Heavy Side Armor - to give your higher Rear Save) and times 0.75 (to represent the Immobilized on a non-destroying un-saved hit) times 3. I'm not sure if the 0.75 is the right value for that, as I just assigned that off of the top of my head.

D is correct at 19.

E is partly correct. The 9 & 12 are correct, but the Demolisher Cannon (with the stats listed) costs 18 rather than 24.
_ 2 (base) times 1 (range 50) times 1 (shot) times 1.5 (4+) times 4 (TSM-3) times 1.5 (Ignore Cover) = 18
PD(5) is correct at 3.375.

G is mostly correct. You seem to have forgotten that the Independent SA gives a reduction of cost at the Morale stage.

Thus the total of A to E is 78.875 which is adjusted to 70.9875 at step G. This could round to a Formula value of 71, but DO NOT round off any further when using Formula based costs for armies.

What this value would equate to in normal NEG values is debatable. It is more powerful than a Vindicator or a Leman Russ variant, but less so than all other SH. It could have a value of either 50 of 75, as a single model in a Support Formation. Probably 75, but discuss the issue with your opponent(s).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:48 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for checking my math, it was my first go so I was worried I screwed something up. It is a rather complex formula, lol. I think I figured the Demolisher as a 3+ for some reason....

It is a rather pathetic superheavy, I'd be quite ok with it at 75-100 points each.

By the way, SQUIG, absolutely freaking awesome cards!!!!!

Any chance you could make a Sentinel Company Card (3x detachments of 5 and one command Sentinel) for a 450 point cost?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey Grum, good going mate. I'll have a look into the sentinels. Thanks for the compliment an the cards. One last point legion vehicles are crewed by Astartes so have a morale of 2.

Cheers

Squiggle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Squiggle, I'm still more of a 2nd Ed player where they would be used as old junker vehicles by PDFs and the I.G., that's why I used 4 for moral. If you really want to use them for 30k, you should change the moral to 2 (Astares) but also remove the engine issue in that the Adepts knew how to maintain the engines at that time. It wasn't till later, when the knowledge was lost, that they became so finicky.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Gotcha buddy

Cheers

Squiggle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey Horus Heresy fans,
So interest has arisen in the cards again, :spin and bring my son back into the game. he was put off by the amount of rule book digging he was doing looking for stats, kids :{[] no patience!

I have taken some time to look at ways i can make it easier for him to play, i discovered the Team Yankee cards a while ago and thought it may be an option for a card layout, i also had a crack at it myself without any influences.

The first card is most similar to the format we know and love but the stats are included on the card, i think there is room for special rules somewhere.

The next two cards have a front (Slide 1) and back (Slide 2) method going back to a format I have tried to promote several times to give some sort of structured formations instead of just pick what you want. I feel that units should only have limited access to some items and again some of those would be easier to come by than others. Salamanders will have less access to Assault in the next update, whereas Iron Warriors will have more artillery and tanks available in the Company Support slots. I feel that this adds character to the forces. it still uses the 1 company card, 5 support and 1 special to which you are all familiar.

This card represents the build for the company, separate cards will be made for each of the units listed (Titans=nightmare) an example will follow, i'm sure.

I will get back to the old cards but this is the way we are looking to build our forces.

anyway thoughts as always are appreciated.

Attachments:
salam.jpg
salam.jpg [ 135.19 KiB | Viewed 7557 times ]
Slide1.JPG
Slide1.JPG [ 163.15 KiB | Viewed 7557 times ]
Slide2.JPG
Slide2.JPG [ 182.32 KiB | Viewed 7557 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey Grum,
I didn't forgot, hopefully they are readable when you print them, enjoy. Any changes let me know mate.

Cheers

Squiggle

Attachments:
Grums Cards.gif
Grums Cards.gif [ 110.73 KiB | Viewed 7512 times ]

Last edited by SquiggleAmp on Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next