Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

Fan-List. Heavy Mechanised IG.

Post subject: Re: Fan-List. Heavy Mechanised IG.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

junkstar wrote:
Matty_C wrote:
Hey Junkstar, nice models! Those Vanguard models are made for a list like this! Or is it vice versa? ;)

The latest stats for the dominus are in the 0.4 PDF draft back in the first post, but are:
Move 15cm SV4+ cc6+ ff5+ dc2 reinforced armour
2x heavy bolters
1x Heavy Siege Bombard range:45cm 3BP ignore cover, indirect
A squadron of 3 is 450 points.

except fluff wise they have x3 siege mortars each. Yep I believe they were Vanguards Version of the Heavy Stuff for IG

At least not slow firing which is good

Based on the bombard, you could either go 6bp slow firing, or 3bp without slow firing. I thought that the latter would be the better option. :)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:29 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

You could also just stat 3x Bombard Gun? That way you could either fire 4/2 or 6/0 or 2/4 guns each turn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That's...a lot of housekeeping

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Works with Demolishers, Bombards, Manticores etc. As well. Just put a number of tokens behind each vehicle how many shots it used up this turn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

and then multiplied by 3. The difference here is that it's exceptionally rare to fire off them not en mass (not never, just rare). In a WE with 3x of the standard weapon there's going to be a tendency to do that a lot more. Honestly a single weapon with 3BP and no slow fire is not only easier but far better as you can react to the battle faster instead of missing an entire turn. Also there's no way in hell an 18BP IC IND formation is not wonky :D That's 2 extra templates and 4 extra BM just for being under the template. Uh uh. :tut Wayyyyy too binary a formation to be fun to face nor play with.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

You and your stoopid "reasons" :P

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

jimmyzimms wrote:
and then multiplied by 3. The difference here is that it's exceptionally rare to fire off them not en mass (not never, just rare). In a WE with 3x of the standard weapon there's going to be a tendency to do that a lot more. Honestly a single weapon with 3BP and no slow fire is not only easier but far better as you can react to the battle faster instead of missing an entire turn. Also there's no way in hell an 18BP IC IND formation is not wonky :D That's 2 extra templates and 4 extra BM just for being under the template. Uh uh. :tut Wayyyyy too binary a formation to be fun to face nor play with.

Why not? the Crassus has no AT capability, need to give it a punch from somewhere...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ummm because we're not discussing the crassus in that quote?

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

jimmyzimms wrote:
Ummm because we're not discussing the crassus in that quote?

umm i linked the fact that crassus had no AT capability therefore something in the list should be bolstered/buffed IOT counter its weakness - the Dominus covers it - else whats the use of being Heavy mech if all the vehicles are woefully undermatched against a normal SL setup?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Isnt an Artillery Company of 9 Manticores in SL just as wonky?

Isnt the idea of Heavy Mech is to bring in the same firepower as a SL at a reduced costing/vehicle platforms

OR

To bring superior firepower on comparable vehicles at reasonable costing?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Liking the improvements on V4 although like a stuck record only 2 Sky Killers? They are the same price as a Necron Pylon yet have a lower AA bubble, yes DC 4 is nice but pinged twice 1 is suppressed. Given that 3 may give it more sustainability, after all its meant to be 'heavier' able to absord fire.

Dominus is nice giving 9 BP every turn with 2 templates and an extra BM (on the proviso they survive)

Not sure whether removing the Praetor Launcher for them is a good idea? either have them as an addition to the Bombards ie 2 Bombards 1 Praetor and or have them as a separate unit?

Pointswise a bit too high if you went with no upgrades to units thats your BTS there plus being the heavy Arty would be a primary target. Perhaps a price reduction to 350 might benefit?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

And.....not forgetting the Crassus no AT capability, maybe swap 2 heavy bolter for 2 heavy stubbers?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Heavy stubbers have no AT ability. Do you mean autocannons? I've actually been toying with the idea of giving the infantry Lascannons rather than autocannons (purely for the selfish reason that my infantry have Lascannons on them! ;)). It would be a slight buff to the AT ability of the formation but doesn't really help boost the Crassus over the chimera. The more time passes the more I think that giving it infiltrate might be the answer. Barging deep into the enemy lines before unleashing its cargo. Thoughts?

Also thanks for the feedback Junkstar. I didn't think the sky killers were too bad in formations of two, but I'm happy to hear what others think about this. Perhaps the issue is with the pylon ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Matty_C wrote:
Heavy stubbers have no AT ability. Do you mean autocannons? I've actually been toying with the idea of giving the infantry Lascannons rather than autocannons (purely for the selfish reason that my infantry have Lascannons on them! ;)). It would be a slight buff to the AT ability of the formation but doesn't really help boost the Crassus over the chimera. The more time passes the more I think that giving it infiltrate might be the answer. Barging deep into the enemy lines before unleashing its cargo. Thoughts?

Also thanks for the feedback Junkstar. I didn't think the sky killers were too bad in formations of two, but I'm happy to hear what others think about this. Perhaps the issue is with the pylon ;)

yep autocannon my bad :P

Its getting the crassus there though with the infantry intact is the issue. Due to its speed and being a prime target for either TK or AT put it at its weakness. Perhaps have a cost purchase of replace Heavy Bolter with Autocannons x2 25 points or all 4 for 50 points?

I would (rather will) do another test against a 3k SL and hopefully get a chance to take pics and or do a batrep on it

Maybe power creep with the pylon, but that was just an example, like i surmised once 1 is suppressed you can lose a lot of AA, both in cover and shots.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'd never pay for it because as you said yourself, the primary mission of a crassus is to get a lot if guys somewhere and fast so they can engage. They're not there to try and take out AVs with at distance. Even with AP shots, while you can't wound with them, CAN place BMs on AV formations. Oddly this is a list that plays a bit more like Marines than typical, being all about setting up crossfires and clipping engagements to break enemy armour in resolution. The infiltrate is interesting (why doesn't EA have an Assault Transport rule I'll never know)

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next