Login |  Register |  FAQ

Need help on Landspeeders blisters

Post subject: Need help on Landspeeders blisters
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well, I recently started playing Epic, and I was perusing the FW website, and the Tau seem pretty neat. Not to mention there's a battle bunker near me where I can order FW stuff. My question was how are they pricewise compared to anything else. I've heard estimates of about 150$ US for a tournament legal 3000 point army, how do the Tau work out?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That would depennd heavily on how much infantry you plan to include in your army. Tau veichles are about the same as metal veichles but the infantry is pretty expensive. Exactly how much a battleworthy 300 pt army would be I'll leave for peeople with more TauKnowledte to answer. $150 sounds a bit too cheap though.

Cheers! :)

Nobody expects the Inquisition!!!
http://theepiclounge.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

FW vehicles, in light of GW's ludricrous prices for epic metal, are actual "cheap", so getting vehicles from FW is good.

Their infantry is INSANELY priced. Any large amount of Tau infantry will be VERY expensive.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well, I was thinking of doing Fire Warriors 3 to a base, at least at the beginning until more troops are amassed. I know it's not standard, but the rules do allow it, and judging from the price... ?:oo

But then, I just spent a while putting together an army... oi. Looks like that'll wait till 2008. Although the vehicles are _really_ cool. At least some of the units seem to have poor definition from the pics on the FW so I'll content myself with the idea that the later Tau will be better cast.

On the other hand... a vehicle heavy army... *slaps self*

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have a F/W Tau & Kroot Army with basically one or two dets. of everything they make and I will order the Orca and Skyray. All very nice and all very expensive!!! :o ?

'08 is a long time off and who knows what direction Epic will be going by then?! ??? :o ?

The Tau are the most modern and futuristic force in the game (read the new E:A downloads). The rest are hi-tech WW2.

I know as I collect all the Epic armies and have since '90. The 3 troop per stand was talked about on Epic Yahoo and I say 5 holes means 5 troops to fill those holes! ?

If $$$ is a consideration, and it always is, master the existing armies and save up... :;): ?

My Tau Force will eventually be a combined F/W & G/W army (if they are ever released!).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I am in the same position as you Hergrmir- I want a Tau army but cant really justify the cash incoilved for a whole force at this stage.

I am going to buy a few bits and pieces and see how I like them.  Until recently I would have thoght them beyond my price range, now with revised EA prices (see other numerous threads on this one!) the vehicles dont look too bad.  Its the infantry thats killer though...

So if you've got a cash optimised army list I'd love to see it!

Cheers
Tas :)

My ECW Blog: http://declaresir.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

You know, the old IG infantry men look a bit Tau.... with some different colour schemes. You could mix and match three plastic guardsmen to two resin fire warrios per base and i doubt anyone would notice......... just a thought.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I would !!! :laugh:  :laugh:  :;):

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:29 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cash optimsed = human auxilliaries. I'm sure I can con... er... vince my buddies into letting me use them. Say it's where most of the recruits from the failed Damocles incident went.
I'm going to go down to the battle bunker and see if I can get an estimate in CDN or USD what various point costs of Tau would be.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

I've been slowing stocking up on FW Tau stuff (vehicles) mainly through online deals here and there. Given current prices for them, I dont mind splurging on them.

But I dont forsee any major buying of infantry until metal is available or I win the lotto..... :D

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:22 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Just ordered the Epic Orca & Skyray ... I'll continue to order any new Epic Tau from F/W and will (hopefully) flesh out my Tau Army with E:A Tau in '08.  However at current prices, F/W may be cheaper than G/W !?  ???  Is it me or does '08 seem far away ?  :o

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:27 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

2008 is 4 years away. Epic 40k lasted 2 years before it became OOP for the first time around.

So yes, 4 years is VERY far away.

So I guess you got to buy what you can and prices be damned, eh?

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:55 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

We're at the Cads' mercy ! ? :angry: ? Hmmm ... wonder when we'll see the Knarloc in Epic scale ? ?:D ? At this point, that's the only thing that F/W does not make in Epic scale (yet) for the Kroot ?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:22 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

G/W really broke new ground IMO, with the Tau & Kroot. ?The Tau being more hi-tech, modern and futuristic than the nancy-boy, yet mystic Eldar. ?However I like the contrast between the two techy alien forces. ?And the Kroot remind me of Montanyard Merc jungle tribesmen with Elephants (Krootox & Knarlocs). :o ? Once the dust from the E:A release settles, some one needs to fight a Tau & Kroot vs. Eldar battle.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Any of you "Fan Boyz", :D ?lurking on the official G/W E:A site, see any errata on the Tau E:A lists ? ?There is no price for the Broadside upgrade ? ?Any Fire Warriors out there see any other MIA info ? ? ???