Login |  Register |  FAQ

Gargants

Post subject: Gargants
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:26 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Just a few more questions

In second ed/titan legions gargants not in a big mob could count as command units for orks within 10cm, but I can't find the same rule in the netepic ork book. Has it been omited on purpose, or just forgotten? (or have I just missed it)

Also in the rules for chainshot rounds for the gutbuster it says humanoid shaped titans. Is that to stop you targeting nid titans with chainshot, or is the term humanoid there to emphasize the fact they can't be used on anything but titans. It does also say (eg. things with legs), and nid titans have legs.

Cheers

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Gargants
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes, the assumption is the target needs legs, but the Nid titans have 4 so wouldn't be effected by the chainshot (to the same extent a Imperial/Eldar/Slann one would), hence humanoid.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

And what about Imperator titans, which have 2 legs, but their bottom zone are not legs but bastion ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

zap123 wrote:
Yes, the assumption is the target needs legs, but the Nid titans have 4 so wouldn't be effected by the chainshot (to the same extent a Imperial/Eldar/Slann one would), hence humanoid.

Thanks for the answer dude. Just wanted to make sure I didn't cheat. I think it's a freaking naff rule though. Nid titans are a pain in the arse, and the chain shot is a shot that can only shoot every second turn, and is easily screened against.

The bolas gauchos use work just as well against animals with four legs as they do against things with two.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

As long as you agree up front, local interpretation that allows chain shot to knock down a 'Nid titan seems fine to me. The original wording was mainly there so it wouldn't work against Gargants IIRC. I'd also suggest as Hawkman notes a chain shot probably wouldn't worry an Imperator too much either.

For Orks against Tyranid titans, try the classic Slasha with 2 Ripper Fists and a Snapper :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

zap123 wrote:
As long as you agree up front, local interpretation that allows chain shot to knock down a 'Nid titan seems fine to me. The original wording was mainly there so it wouldn't work against Gargants IIRC. I'd also suggest as Hawkman notes a chain shot probably wouldn't worry an Imperator too much either.

For Orks against Tyranid titans, try the classic Slasha with 2 Ripper Fists and a Snapper :D

That seems fair enough. It would still take two lucky hits to stop a nid titan from moving though. Which I'm cool with as the things have twice the legs of most titans. And even then you would still have to kill the dratted thing. :D

I'm totally going to try your slasha idea next time my orks hit the table. It sound like a hoot.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

zap123 wrote:

When a weapon does a hit with no armor save on a bio-titan (like to gutbuster chain shot), does the attacker has to roll for critical hit or does critical hit is automatic too ? Imho, critical hit is not automatic but I'd prefer to ask to be sure...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Auto crit, or role as normal, doesn't really bother me too much. I just thought it odd that chain shot didn't effect bio-titans. But I really don't think going straight to the crit table would be too OP. Unlike with two legged titans, chain shot isn't a huge knockout blow against bio-titans. (extra legs) Against a normal titan one good hit, and it's game over. As I said above, against a nid titan it takes two lucky hits with a weapon that can't shoot every turn. And then you still have a big, broken legged, pissed off nid in the middle of your army.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes, I'd agree you would still need to roll for a critical.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:27 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the clarification Zap (so Eldar DoomWeavers have to roll for crits too).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:02 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

zap123 wrote:
Yes, I'd agree you would still need to roll for a critical.

I'll pitch the idea in this form then next time the orks and nids are on the table. :)

@scream

That's a nice Two Steps From Hell avatar. I quite enjoy Invincible.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Banichi wrote:
@scream

That's a nice Two Steps From Hell avatar. I quite enjoy Invincible.