Login |  Register |  FAQ

w40k 5th ed objectives rule

Post subject: w40k 5th ed objectives rule
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Has anyone tried using a rule similar to the warhammer 40k 5th ed objective rule?

something like:
Only Infantry class units may Capture and hold objectives. (obviously there will be some special cases perhaps tau battlesuits etc that needs to be classed as "infantry")
all other units can contest an objective though (units that are not routed or in CC etc)

if you've tried it: how was it, did it feel more tactical as you need infantry grunts even more, and you need to protect them?

// Malleus

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm not sure it's really revelant, I mean:

I place an strategic objective on a crossroad/bridge, how could it be possible that my warlord titan that is standing right on the crossroad/bridge could not be holding this objective ?

I have already thought about adding some restrictions on objective capture:

- objectives in a cover could not be contested by a unit that could not enter the cover unless there's no enemy troops unit inside cover.
- if an objective in a clear area is contested, unit with higher pinning class win the objective. Obviously, how could a gretchin stand contest an objective to a Leviathan ?

Those are just few ideas that would need to be developed but I'm quite sure you see what I mean ;)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (scream @ Nov. 05 2009, 15:06 )

I have already thought about adding some restrictions on objectives capture:

- objectives in a cover could not be contested by a unit that could not enter the cover unless there's no enemy troops unit inside cover.
- if an objective in a clear area is contested, unit from higher pinning class win the objective. Obviously, how could a gretchin stand contest an objective to a Leviathan ?

I like those ideas.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:13 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes, those sounds like a some good ideas.

I was more thinking that atleast some objectives might be military installations or some such, which the warlord titan couldnt "use" / "take" it can only hinder other infantry from using it / taking it
perhaps that atleast SOME objectives means more then just this hill/road/bridge is under our control...
It could be more like when we control this objective we control the other sides command and control bunker for blah part of the map.. when we control enough objectives and have shot enough of the enemy the enemy will realize that it can't continue fighting with any hope of winning...
but those restrictions looks fun to try too. I was only trying to make objectives more interesting tactically ^_^