Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Legio Vesta

Post subject: Legio Vesta
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I was going to wait until I painted all of my modes, but I just can't so here is my titan legion, some of them are new some you might have seen before.

Firstly my objectives.

The blitz is some sort mobile research station thingy.

The two other objectives are fallen Reavers.  One having stood on a plasma mine and the other having taken a volcano cannon to the face (which has gotta hurt)

As mentioned in my titan legion army list thread I have invented my own kight class WE.  The forge guard

Next up we have my two warhound scout titans.  I so need more of these brutes.

Romulus and Remus everyone.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Next up are my legions three revaers.  They have had mixed success when I was able to play.

God Bane has accounted for at least half a dozen gargants in 3 games, though he is unable to hit anything smaller.

Brighid's chariot has aquitted herself very well, smashing though three large ork mobs in two turnsin one game.

Isabella's knight however is completely incompetant and the only impression he has made was when he ran into a mega gargant and left a reaver shaped dent in the side.

Godbane

Isabella's knight

Brighid's chariot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice stuff, Rag. I can see why you didn't want to wait till they were done to show them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Finally we have the warlords.

first and foremost amongst them is Scion of Ryza. ?a reli from the founding forgeworld of Ryza and over ten thousand years old. ?Scion has yet to do anything orther than explode with reactor melt downs or watch as his 16 MW shots bounce of gargants.

Next up is Righteous prejudice, I love chewing up massive formations with this dudes massed weapons.

My third Warlord is Storm bringer. ?A support titan that likes to sand on the blitz and shoot things.#

Finally we have my WIPO siege titan Castellum perdition, so far armed with two melta cannons and an inferno gun, with a corvus assault pod being crafted as I type (well not quite as I type, I'm waiting for the green stuff to dry).

Finally a group shot of everyone and some cataphract from the tech guard.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Some nice stuff you have there sir.  Should look real nice all painted up. :cool:

Laters

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Wow - nice lot Rag. L-4's gonna love the long-range firepower titans :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:46 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Excellent!  Full of Titan goodness.

Looking forward to seeing this lot painted and thanks for sharing.

NetEA Rules Chair
NetEA FAQ

Want to play Iron Warriors in Epic Armageddon? Click HERE
Some of my Armies.
My Hobby site.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looking really good - I particularly like the pose of Godbane, and the first two Warlords are awesome.

I think the two dead Reavers need a bit of work to make them look more ... crumpled. While it might be perfectly realistic for a titan to just topple over like that, it looks a little odd. If you take a saw to their joints and make them look more like a human that's fallen over they'd look much better!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Forge Guard Knights look excellent.  Couldn't quite pick out all the components that have gone into them.

Epic- A version of the game with even smaller models that is often dominated by titans which are vehicles the size of a large building and have the ability to pwn...everything. There is also infantry, whose only function in Epic is to provide valuable traction to Titans walking across snowy paths.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:00 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The best use of Necrons I have seen!  I love the Forge Guard, going to have to steal that idea :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
Very inspiring conversions :) Buti'm not so fond of the choosing of colours. Silver-metallic colors on vehicles/titans looks so......unfinished/cheap :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Excellent stuff, the Titans are the most gunned-up looking ones I've ever seen! :cool:  Also, the Knights are absolutely superb, what a fantastic idea basing them on the old Necrons!  Great job :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:10 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks everyone.  I'm more inpsired to painted them nw, rather than mar exam papers and plan lessons over the holiday (not that it takes much to drag me away from work :D ).

The forge guards are made from
classic necron ommortals
Orlock heavy stubber
pit slave chainsaw
and a little bit of plastic rod to space the gun from the shoulder.

Lord I, I agree with the pose problem.   They look like giant machines that have just fallen over but the mind says they should look like giant people you have just fallen over.

i don't know what to do with the one on its back, it would just fall back.  the one on it's front could do with a bit of a leg move.  Thanks for te suggestion

And BL there is a reason my titans and BFG ships are the metallic look.  The forge world doesn't have enough time or money tpo paint such massive objects, besides paint hides the glorious machine from view.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Again my impatience hasgotten the better of me. ?This last titan was not going to be revealed until I had fiished converting her and painting her up, but damn it it is the season of sharing.

So Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the Lady Isabella Cavendish.

Like WMN I have always wanted to convert a mars pattern into a Lucius patter imprator, but two things stood in my way. ?Firstly ?I wasn't sure if it could be done and secondly I didn't have an imperator to convert. ?:blush: .

The first problem was solved when I was WMC's conversion, the second was when a friend told me tnhat he had won an imperator on E-bsay for me and that I owed him ?25 ???? .

At the moment she is armed with two hydra turrets , tw multiply rocket lunchers, 4 ground slammer turrets (each with three earth haker cannons), a multitude of close defence turretsd and a rear facing twin assault cannon guarding the loading bay.

Her left arm is built and just needs attaching and has a dual gatling blaster, and her right will have a dual turbo laser destroyer.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thats mental!  Wow you've got a lot of guns on that thing.

Epic- A version of the game with even smaller models that is often dominated by titans which are vehicles the size of a large building and have the ability to pwn...everything. There is also infantry, whose only function in Epic is to provide valuable traction to Titans walking across snowy paths.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next