Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Epic Supplements

Post subject: Epic Supplements
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:13 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I original brought this up in the Chaos release thread.

Even though GW-SG is not developing expansions/supplements for Epic this does not mean we can not.   My first idea was what Supplement would contain the Black Legion and Lost and the Damned lists.  Then I thought about what list might follow that.  After a brief discussion I made some adjustments and I have an idea of where to take what I am calling "Black Crusade".

"Black Crusade" like "Swordwind" focuses on a particular conflict and the forces involved.  E&C has made a good point that the Krieg list could be the Imperial list for this expansion.  I think that instead of focusing on Cadia, another key world where the Death Korps were present would work well.

"Black Crusade" - an Epic Expansion containing background for the 13th Black Crusade, primarily the battle for (insert world here) and rules for the forces involved in that battle, the Black Legion Chaos Space Marines, the Lost and the Damned Chaos Hordes, and the Death Korps of Krieg.

I think a fair quality electronic 'book' using the approved Black Legion and LatD list.  The Krieg list would need to be throughly play tested and developed fully.  Background would need to be flushed out and narrowed to a particular world, possibly Agrapinaa.

After that I think that Tau & Tyranids could work well.  E&C thinks all the books need a new Imperial List, but I think you can get away with it.

"Hive Fleet" - an Epic Expansion containing background for Hive Fleet Kraken, its break up at Iyanden, and the paths of its splinter fleets and rules for Tyranid Hive, Tau Hunter Cadres, and the Ghost Warriors of Iyanden.

E&C is in favor of a more Tau focused supplement. Working name "Hunter Cadre" would be focused on Taros (all the background is there, just shorten and tidy up for Epic) and have the Tau, Tau Auxiliary or Armourd Regiment, and Elysian list.  Along with that would be another supplement focused on the Iyanden, Tyranid, and some other Imperial list (Ultramarines are the most obvious from background list, but they are good to go).

I think keeping it to 3 list per is a good idea.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:35 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nothing wrong with grandiose thinking and dreaming.  I definitely see your point though.  It was E&Cs idea.  It is also a way of consolidating list.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I had suggested to CS before that the Tau, Gue'senshi, and Alaitoc (if the Alaitoc AC is interested) go into an Epic: Third Sphere supplement - drawing on JimmyGrill's excellent Third Sphere campaign.

I think that each supplement should focus on one 'core' list (Tau, Necrons, Tyranids etc) and a couple of 'secondary' lists (Alaitoc, Cadians etc) to add relevant flavour. But that's just me!

Gary

Gue'senshi: The 1st Kleistian Grenadiers

v7.3 pdf

Human armed forces for the greater good.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(Nerroth @ Jan. 21 2007,00:39)
I think that each supplement should focus on one 'core' list (Tau, Necrons, Tyranids etc) and a couple of  'secondary' lists (Alaitoc, Cadians etc) to add relevant flavour. But that's just me!

I totally agree with this!  I think we should look at the "core" lists that are still remaining and see what "secondary" lists would compliment them in a release.

Now living in Boston... any EPIC players want to meet up?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Including the Black Legion list - just now official.

Core List [Supporting List ideas]
Chaos Space Marines - Black Legion [Ulthwe, L&tD, Cadian]
Chaos Space Marines - Thousand Sons [Altansar, Inquisitorial]
Chaos Space Marines - World Eaters []
Chaos Space Marines - Death Guard [Krieg]
Necrons [Saim-Hann, AdMech]
Tau [Elysians, Tau Auxiliaries, Alaitoc]
Tyranids [Iyanden]
Dark Eldar []

Those 5 are the core that have 40k Codecies and do not have an Epic Supplement.  I did not include the Inquisitorial Forces (DH & WH) as these I think fall into the category of supporting list (like Feral Orks or Siegemasters).  Some of the supporting list can of course move around and those are just some list ideas based on what is out there in development and/or being thought about.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm quite a fluff nerd and I'm occassionally able to put out some decent text... I'd be happy to help have a crack at writing background for an online suppliment... I was planning to do something of the sort with the Krieg list anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:59 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
Developing a Cadia armylist would be fairly easy but i think the Ulthw? armylist will fit better because it is nearly finished.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

orangesm - the other Chaos Legions are not core lists (the only CSM list that is core is Black Legion), and if they ever see the light of day at all, it'll probably be in a combined pack.

Great call on the Elysians for the Tau book, though! Who's writing them up, and how do we hound him into submission... I mean, agreement?

Gary

Gue'senshi: The 1st Kleistian Grenadiers

v7.3 pdf

Human armed forces for the greater good.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Elysians was E&C's idea, Hondo is the lead on them.  

I think first through would be formatting and designing everything needed for the "Black Crusade" book.  If we want to try and put it all together.

I listed the 3 (should have added Emperor's Children as well) because alot of 40k players would want to know where they are.  But yes for the Black Legion is the core Chaos list.

Swordwind is 80 pages with the following sections (number of pages)

Introduction (2)
1 Forces (1)
1.1 The Eldar (25)
1.2 Imperial Guard Siege Regiments (6)
1.3 The Feral Orks (6)
2 Painting & Modelling
2.1 Painting Eldar (6)
2.2 Feral Orks (1.5)
2.3 Siegemasters (.5)
3 Modelling Fortifications (8)
4 Baran War (12)
5 Gaming
5.1 Biel-Tan Army List (2)
5.2 Baran Siegemasters (2)
5.3 Feral Ork Horde (2)
5.4 Collector's Models - Eldar (2)
Reference Sheets (3)

So the largest part of any supplement would be the main list units.  This assumes that it has a wide range of units not found any in other supplement. So in "Black Crusade" the focus would need to be on the Chaos Black Legion list and all the new units included.  I am not sure (need to look at the L&tD list),  but I would assume the L&tD list draws on the IG & Chaos list for units and has a few unique units (~10, 5-6 pages with a little background) that would need detailing in the book.  Also Ulthwe would draw a lot on Swordwind for its units.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(orangesm @ Jan. 21 2007,04:45)
I would assume the L&tD list draws on the IG & Chaos list for units and has a few unique units (~10, 5-6 pages with a little background) that would need detailing in the book.

The full name of the Chaos Cult is the "Stigmatus Covenant Cult" that arose in "the Mackan system" during Abaddon?s 13th Crusade.

Anyone got any details on the Mackan system and what happened there during the 13th Crusade?

Found this via Google "MACKAN ?Imperial world. ? Abaddon and Chaos forces vs. Blood Angels."

So sounds like Blood Angels, which are pretty well done, should be in there as well.  They mainly need to be updated with the latest Marine changes.

Now living in Boston... any EPIC players want to meet up?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Chaos (As the core list) could fit well in a Suppliment book with:

- LATD (For obvious reasons)
- Ordos Malleus (Daemonhunters Inquisitorial list)
- Death Korps of Krieg (Because they're going to be up against Chaos in the next IA book)

Tyranids would fit well with:

- Ianden (Close anti-tyranid history)
- Cadian IG?
- An non-codex anti-Tyranid Marine Chapter?
- Ordos Xenos (Alien Hunters Inquisitorial list)

Tau would fit well with:

- Elysian Drop Troops
- Armoured Regiment
- Tau Human Auxillaries

(All Taros-themed)

Dark Eldar would fit well with:

- Not sure!

Necrons would fit well with:

- An Anti-Necron non-codex Chapter?
- Adeptus Mechanicus?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
If you go by ForgeWorld then LatD would fit together with the DKoK in a supplement. But FW makes no CSMs for the upcoming IA volumes so far but Adeptus Mechanicus is hinted.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next