Login |  Register |  FAQ

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Aero-watch

Post subject: Aero-watch
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That's what I found. we played two 60 pt games in less than 2 hours. It was fast. I would suggest making sure you have some good markings on your planes. I had to go with the one with yellow on it, the one with checkers and the one with engines on the end of it's wings. I'm still trying to find a good scheme without putting names on bases. Altitude plays a big part, and I've yet to try out and Air-Ground missions.

I found it really fun, and the two people I played with are both getting a squadron each.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:51 am 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

I am a book-keeper/accountant at heart, and I will have colours and number on the craft, or some syblom to differentiate them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(CyberShadow @ Jan. 18 2007,15:19)
Craft move minimum half distance (as given by speed), then maneuvre following the lines on a card (put card in front of base, follow line, put aircraft at end of line) and then finish their movement.

CS you have got this bit wrong (I think).  Aircraft can make their manourve at any time during their turn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sunk again... I just bought the AI rulebook.... Better start writing those rules for Megabomma....  :devil:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

how wide is it? I would probably work out rules for it's weapon system and targetable areas as if they were seperate ground target, and actually use it as a flying platform with no movement. Then you could play skirmishes around it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(mageboltrat @ Jan. 19 2007,20:13)
how wide is it? I would probably work out rules for it's weapon system and targetable areas as if they were seperate ground target, and actually use it as a flying platform with no movement. Then you could play skirmishes around it.

Not a bad idea... the span is - uh - 47cm.... is that bad? It has 47 (!) weapon systems, including all types of guns, bombs, rockets, missiles, rays etc.  :p

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The bigger the better really. I would have it in the center of the board  at height 5. so anything entering it's area at height 5 would crash and burn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(mageboltrat @ Jan. 19 2007,20:25)
The bigger the better really. I would have it in the center of the board  at height 5. so anything entering it's area at height 5 would crash and burn.

Wow, that sounds good. I'm beginning to like the idea of AI. Of course, the MegaB crashing should make a good deal of damage....  :devil:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:32 pm 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

(ragnarok @ Jan. 19 2007,19:02)
CS you have got this bit wrong (I think). ?Aircraft can make their manourve at any time during their turn.

You are correct - I have just double checked. I must be confusing it with BFG!  :blush:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:16 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The joys of FW.  I wait 2 weeks for an order that normaly takes 3 -5 days to arrive.  I open it to find that they have sent be an epic marauder instead of an AI maruader destroyer :(.  I try to phone them to sort it out, but they don't have weekend staff, so I have to wait until monday now.

At least my lightnings and "flak guns" arrived.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It's surprising how bad FW has been with deliveries, normally it would be 3 or 4 days. I've waited 2 weeks for things . It's a good sign. It suggests AI did far better than anyone there believed it would.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well, AI arrived here in Malta in less than 2 weeks - not bad at all!
The book format is grand, the structure usable, the rules at first glance appear simple enough to use - although someone who gets this as a first wargame might have some difficulties.
The colour art IS nice. And I like the scenarios.
My only qualm is with the text - there are far too many errors for this price range of book! Proof reading must have been axed. I particularly found the errors on the colour graphics pages irritating - the Hell  Blades are called Hell Talons; and an Alaitoc Vampire is indicated as belonging to Iyanden.

One curiosity - has anyone used Grot bombs, and can they actually nab something? i suspect they're more use to cause confusion - which is, of course, useful!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

To welcome me home from my first official day of pilot training is a parcel from the UK - the book has finally arrived.  Now I just have to give up on some sleep - not like I havent done that before.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:51 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

The only book you need to open right now is flight manuals and tracffic patterns.  :;):

Well I gotta watch out for him you know.

Now get in bed!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3