Login |  Register |  FAQ

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

Integration into EA

Post subject: Integration into EA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:38 pm 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

It is only a matter of time until this comes up... so, is there potential that this game can be integrated into Epic?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(CyberShadow @ Jan. 10 2007,20:38)
It is only a matter of time until this comes up... so, is there potential that this game can be integrated into Epic?

didn't one of the versions of E:A (before my time alas) have aircraft rules very similar to that of AI, but they were dropped because you ended up having a game of "gothic" every turn.  Which would mean that the game would take forevery to play.

Though there is no reason anyone insane enough (I am looking at the entire board here  :p  :confuse: ) could play a game of AI at the end of every turn to represent the aircrafts  involvement.  And play games of 40K to resolve any engagements made and....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have thought about this and I agree with ragnarok - a game would take forever.  If you really wanted to I think it woubl be best to either have an Air Phase either before the end phase or before any formation move (probably before the end phase), when a game of AeroImp happens.

I think the most potential comes with having a good integrated campaign system where bombing missions against deep targets result in loss of troops, ammunition, or other utilities.  The integrated system would have assignments of air assets supporting army groups (Epic armies) as tactical air support, air assets making attacks against operational and strategic targets.  Similiar after a series of BFG games to gain space superiority (or even running series games in the campaign), the player who controls the planets orbit would be able to assign a few spacecraft to various armies and ground targets.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

E40K had Air rules of some sort, IIRC ... But by adding an Air Phase, which should not be too difficult, as already noted, will make a very long game ... IMO !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It could be possible to reduce the extra time include because of using AI, by making AAA only snap fire at passing aircraft (instead of activating them) and moving the aircraft in squadrons rather than by them selves.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I am actually hoping to trial some sort of system playing 3 turns of AI per turn of EA.  Will use small AI fleets so it doesn't bog down too much.

Epic- A version of the game with even smaller models that is often dominated by titans which are vehicles the size of a large building and have the ability to pwn...everything. There is also infantry, whose only function in Epic is to provide valuable traction to Titans walking across snowy paths.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well you playtesters let us know how it turns out !  :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]