Login |  Register |  FAQ

Warlordsofthecoast, recaster?

Post subject: Re: Warlordsofthecoast, recaster?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:21 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

they look good in the pictures, what's bad with them? not bought from him before

his store range looks fairly balanced

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:25 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Here's my dealings with him:

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=29793

On the recasts, could be. The quality of the stuff I did get was decent but flashy. That's on par with EA-era stuff though. I didn't see any additional mould lines on anything, however someone did PM me and said he did suspect his purchases were recasts.

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I was concerned some of his items weren't as described. So I asked a question about one of his ebay items before making a bid.
All I got was a smart answer claiming what I wanted clarified was obvious.
Needless to say I didn't bother bidding.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:18 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Open a case Rug, eBay should take care of you. I've never tried to prove a recast to them, but if you say it was damaged/not the same condition that was pictured you should be good.

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've had decent dealings with him/them in the past (looking through my ebay history, no issues)

Pretty sure the stuff i got was original, i believe he is simply buying/shifting job lots (as i've seen stuff from lots i've looked at in the past appear split up on his store), so i guess he could have picked up a lot of recasts, if not recasting himself.

The stuff he has up at the moment do look like they could well be re-casts, hard to tell from the photos, but its alot of the same unit types that are normally re-cast (plague tower, revenants, reaver titans, e40k IG tanks, Nercomunda 28mm stuff etc), and for him to suddenly have all these models is bit odd.

bottom line is, re-caster or not, he's been around long enough and trades enough minis to know the difference, pure greed if he is passing off recasts as originals (especially at those prices!) and insulting if he then pleads ignorance.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:06 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah, sounds like a plan - i was almost reporting his items last night before i realised how time consuming it was as you need to do each item individually, on closer inspection of the items in the photos i'm 99% sure they are re-casts, and the fact he has multiples like - 8 Reavers with any combo of weapons, all very shiny and without the original base/shield wheel rings many alarm bells!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:55 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Q173-Epic-Spa ... 1729899066

Taking the piss surely. 8 as new Reavers that were never based but somehow don't have the original blister with the data wheel? Really?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:06 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Unless GW re-moulded the reaver from scratch (badly) at some point, i'd say that reaver is certainly re-cast.

A number minis in epic range do legitimately have double mould lines (even some of the really old and basic stuff, generally on vehicles where the hull was used for variants), but as far as i know the reaver isnt one of them – unless anyone has a really recent SG cast showing otherwise?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:13 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Rug wrote:
Indeed, or he's just an idiot! Either way, doesnt inspire confidence.

I'm rolling with this and seeing where it goes, messages are going back and forth, I've got 30 days to play with and it'll only strengthen my case if I bring one, is that cruel? He just explaining how eBay policy and buyer protection just 'messes things up', he's still evading the postage cost question... itll be interesting to see if or when he stops digging.

Ya, all that sounds pretty familiar. The "I'm doing it right, everyone else is doing it wrong" vibe is still strong. I'm sure the case I had to open with him is still fresh in his mind if that's how he's explaining things.

Never saw a SG-era Reaver. All my SM/TL ones don't have mold lines that though. The biggest problem back then was soft details and pitting.

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi guys, I recently got an order from him as well. Most of the stuff was okay but like you guys have mentioned there was a bit of warping and extra flash, but couldn't see any extra mould lines. I got two of the Land raiders and the left side was a tad warped, as were the 3 Armageddon basilisks which appeared just slightly squished. The Rhinos, Preds and Shadowsword however appeared fine.

I actually was missing a few bits and he said he checks all the shipments that go out but was 'going to source the pieces from a friend' and get them to me. Don't know if this just means that he'll get his mate to re-cast them or not :P.