Login |  Register |  FAQ

Battle of the Chumps- Epic Armageddon 26/27th June 2010

Post subject: Re: Battle of the Chumps- Epic Armageddon 26/27th June 2010
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:29 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Excelent, I'll definitely be there Saturday (what time BTW?), though I probably won't have everything painted up by then.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Unfortunately Saturday is a formal tournament run by the 1st Company Vets so there won't be a chance for casual gaming. However if you want a chat and see what the UK tournament scene is all about please drop by.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:58 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Well, I just found out that I'm not free for the next 2 Saturdays anyway, so the point is now moot. I'll sign up for the tournament anyway and much hilarity will ensure as it will quite likely be my first set of proper games.

Still, in at the deep end and all.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:44 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Only 1 ticket left

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

As the final date for lists to be submitted has passed here's my Lost and Damned for BotC.

2000 Point Battle Group :-
BG1) Slaanesh Coven 1 (Red) BTS Goal 410 points
12 Cultists + Daemon Prince (Supreme Commander) +7 Land Transporters + Hydra + Daemonic Pact
BG2) Slaanesh Coven 2 (Blue) 335 points
11 Cultists + CSM Aspiring Champion + 6 Land Transporters + Hydra + Daemonic Pact
BG3) Slaanesh Coven 3 (Grey) 275 points
11 Cultists + CSM Aspiring Champion + Hydra + Daemonic Pact
BG4) Slaanesh Coven 4 (Black) 275 points
11 Cultists + CSM Aspiring Champion + Hydra + Daemonic Pact
BG5) Slaanesh Daemon Scout Titan 225 points
1 Subjucator Scout Titans
BG6) Defilers 400 points
4 Defilers
Daemon Pool 80 points
4 Lesser Daemons

Total 2000 points

750 Point Reserve Force A :-
RA1) Slaanesh Coven 5 (Green) 335 points
11 Cultists + CSM Aspiring Champion + 6 Land Transporters + Hydra + Daemonic PactRA2)
Traitor Rough Rider Platoon 150 points
6 Traitor Rough Riders
RA3) Slaanesh Daemon Scout Titan 225 points
1 Subjucator Scout Titan
Daemon Pool 40 points
2 Lesser Daemons

Total 750 points

750 Point Reserve Force B :-
RB1) Slaanesh Coven 6 (Uncoloured) 385 points
11 Mutants + Daemon Prince (winged) + 6 Land Transporters + Hydra + Daemonic Pact
RB2) Slaanesh Daemon Scout Titan 225 points
1 Subjucator Scout Titan
RB3) Traitor Sentinel Squadron 100 points
4 Traitor Sentinels
Daemon Pool 40 points
2 Lesser Daemons

Total 750 points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:27 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hope it all goes well, lets have some updates if anyone looks here!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Mephiston wrote:
Hope it all goes well, lets have some updates if anyone looks here!

Joe's leading with 3 wins (20 - 25 points in front)

6 or 7 players close together for 2nd (10 - 15 points separating them)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:12 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Top 8 was

1 Joe (yme-loc) Eldar
2 Dave (dptdexys) LatD
3 Steve54 Eldar
4 Richard IG
5 Christian Siege
6= Tim (tiny-tim) Eldar
6= Si (jeridian) Ulani
8 mark P Black Legion

Thanks to Flame on and especially Si for organising and running a great event

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:55 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

My list was

Steve Gullick- Biel Tan Eldar

2000pts Battle Group
Aspects+Exarch+Exarch (8 Swooping Hawks) 350pts
Aspects+Exarch+Exarch (2 Fire Dragon Exarchs, 2 Dark Reapers, 4 Dire Avengers) 350pts
Aspects+Autarch+Exarch (Warp Spider Autarch, Fire Dragon Exarch, 2 Dark Reapers, 4 Dire Avengers) 400pts
3 Falcons+ 2 Firestorms 250pts
Guardians (Farseer, 5 Guardians, 2 Heavy Weapons) 150pts
Wraithgate 50pts
5 Rangers 125pts
5 Rangers 125pts
Vampire 200pts
Total: 2000pts

750pts Reserve Group A
Vampire 200pts
Nightwings 300pts
Void Spinner 250pts
Total: 750pts

750pts Reserve Group B
Void Spinner 250pts
3 Falcons 2 Firestorms 250pts
4 Rangers 100pts
Guardians (Farseer, 5 Guardians, 2 Heavy Weapons) 150pts

1st game
vs Bob
Black templars
Bob’s - Black Templars

2000pts Battle Group
Strike cruiser 200pts
Landing craft 350pts
4 Terminator (350) - emperor's champion (75) + 2 dreadnoughts (100) + 2 land raider crusaders (150) 675pts
Thunderhawk gunship 200pts
4 Assault 175pts
5 Bikes including 1 attack bike 200pts
5 Land speeders 200pts

750pts Reserve Group A
4 Terminators- Marshall (100) 450pts
4 Devastators- 1 hellfire dreadnought (50) 300pts

750pts Reserve Group B
4 Devastators- 2 land raiders (150) + 1 hunter (75) + 1 hellfire dreadnought (50) 525pts.
4 Assault + chaplain (50) 225pts

This game was escalating engagement with the reserve groups arriving turn2, I put the 2 mixed aspects in the vampires and hawks+ 1 guardian in the webway. So first turn I had guardians, 2 rangers + falcons on board
Bob opted to planetfall the LC turn2 with the termies+dreads+LRC in andthe devs drop podding. He also decided to teleport t2. This left him with bikes+speeders turn1

Turn 1 the rangers+guardians went on OW, the bikes moved forward and the LS moved too far forward to attempt to support in turn2 but were broken by the falcons.

Turn 2 the termies teleported in and shot a falcon while i stalled putting units back on OW and bringing on the 3rd rangers, as a result with Bobs lack of activations he had to planetfall and air assault with my 'good' formations yet to activate.
The 2 assault marines in thawk air assaulted the guardians who OWed them ,as did the nearby rangers who sniped the Chaplain, Bob got 6 hits killing 6 guardians but they died heroically killing 4 assault marines. BT win the assault wiping out the guardians but a the expense of 5 assault marines.
The spaceship missed with its barrage and then wiped out some rangers with the deathwind, the LC came in and wiped out the only nearby unit (rangers) in an assault. This left the devs, LC + BTS termies all together with the latter intermingled. Void spinners came on and wiped out the bikes, falcons wiped out the rallied speeders.
Then the hawks assaulted the thawk losing 1 but wiping it out, they then moved with FF support of LC+termies. BTS aspects then air assaulted the devs and wiped them out and moved within FF of the LC+termies, 2nd aspects the air assaulted the LC+termies.
Initially I lost 3 aspects but killed2 termies+ the dread but FF support+the assault resolution then killed all the SM bar the fearless LC+Emperors champion. To cap the turn for Bob a single firestorm hit criticalled it on the disengagement move

turn 3 All Bob had left was 4 termies, the emperors champion and the mechanised devs. Unfotrunately for him the devs+termies were well away from any objectives. The termies shot up a falcon formation while the devs attempted to shoot my BTS but failed to dislodge them from cover. My priority was getting the BTS, the void spinner failed to kill the emperors champe but then the aspects assaulted and hit with every attack killing him.

This left me with BTS, take+hold, defend the flag + blitz. This scenario really helped me in this one as I could hide any valuable targets off board until the air assault+planetfalls had come in.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:07 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Game 2 vs Joe (yme-loc)
This was a 2750 game, Joe had
2000pts Battle Group
Wraithgate 50pts
Eldar Guardian Warhost- 1 Farseer unit, 5 Guardian units, 2 Heavy Weapon Platforms. 150pts
Aspect Warrior Warhost- 1 Swooping Hawk (+Autarch), 1 Swooping Hawk (+Exarch), 6 Swooping Hawk. 400pts
Ranger Troupe- 4 Eldar Rangers.100pts
Falcon Troupe- 3 Falcon Grav Tanks, 2 Firestorm Grav Tank 250pts
Falcon Troupe- 3 Falcon Grav Tanks, 2 Firestorm Grav Tank 250pts
Engine of Vaul Troupe- Void Spinner 250pts
Engine of Vaul Troupe- Void Spinner 250pts
Nightwing Interceptors- 3 Nightwing Interceptors 300pts

750pts Reserve Group A
Aspect Warrior Warhost- 2 Dark Reaper units (+Exarchs), 4 Dark Reaper units, 2 Dire Avenger units. 350pts
Vampire 200pts
Wind Rider Troupe- 6 Vyper Jetbikes 200pts

This was a game I really wanted to avoid as Joe had a similar army to mine but had far more experience with it - and thats how it turned out with Joe thoroughly outplaying me. I shot myself in the foot from the start with my deployment as I loaded both vampires despite planning not to in games with nightwings.
Turn 1 the vampires stood down but Joes void spinners killed my falcons meaning I had no on-board flak. My lack of activations then allowed Joe to move up taking control of the board centre and my 2 forward objectives. At this point I should have tired to dig in for a draw but I opted to try and assault with the vampires, the aspect loaded one air assaulted the hawks surviving 3 lance and 2 normal hits from the nightwings ;D but was the wiped out when I from +2 in the resolution rolled double 1 >:(

After that Joe efficiently mopped up getting BTS, take+hold and defend the flag in either turn3 or 4. I was glad to get the opponent+list I feared most and also my weakest list combination out of the way.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:54 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Game 3

By now it was baking in the hall - no aircon and 100+ people is not a good combination.
It was Eldar again - this time Tim with
2000pts Battle Group
Wraithgate 50pts
Aspect Warrior Warhost- Shining Spears + Autarch 375pts
Eldar Guardian Warhost - Farseer, Guardians, 3 Wraithguard & 3 Wraithlords 475pts
EoV - Storm Serpent 250pts
Falcons (2 Firestorm) 250pts
Falcons (2 Firestorm) 250pts
Fire Prisms 250pts
Total: 1900pts

750pts Reserve Group B
Warlock 850pts

Much as previously I had used my weakest list this was probably Tims weakest combo with only 7 activations. My aim was to run away from the Warlock and whittle down the remainig formations.

Turn 1
My void spinner broke the prisms, Tim then realised he could assault my BTS using the storm serpent, he considered using the warlock to clear away OW rangers who would get to shoot the incoming assault but decided not to. The serpent marched and the shining spears assaulted my BTS in hard cover losing 1 to OW and 1 to dangerous terrain. The +2 for BM, 4+ cover sves and an extra inspiring resulted in me winning the assault with only Tims autarch surviving. The falcons then killed the serpent and the 2nd void spinner broke one of tims falcons.

turn 2
tims guardians came on killing one of my guardians and Tim then retained twice killing the rangers I had positioned to block the warlock and one of my falcon formations. I responded by killing his other falcon formation with the void spinner and killing the autarch with rangers and assaulting and killing his activated falcons with the 2nd guardian formation.

turn 3 Tim had the warlock and the big guardian formation. i won the initiative and the void spinner barraged the guardians hitting 8! and breaking them. The Warlock the advanced on to my blitz killing the void spinner - my BTS aspects doubled back to contest it. I then shuffled units round taking Tims blitz and take+hold giving me 2-0. Up to then ti was a straight forward victory - but I could get 3 or 4-0 by breaking or killing the warlock. I then air assaulted the warlock with the vampire+aspects. Unfortunately I had moved the support BTS aspect to close to the Warlock, this allowed Tim to countercharge into base with them. This was a gamble as it gave me 4 inspiring characters but gave Tim more attacks (we both had BMs). In the assault the BTS aspects were wiped out (so I was down to 2 inspiring) while I only caused 2 wounds - though I did get a critical. This left TIm on +6 for casualties, even on BMs+numbers, +2 to me for inspiring. I lost killing the vampire and 1 aspect - and Tim now had BTS+blitz so -2-2 :'( .

turn 4 All Tim had left unboken was the warlock so was not in a good position. He killed the rangers who could contest the blitz but the surviving rallied aspects managed to activate and contest - so it was now 2-1 to me. I now had a chance to make it 4-1 as I ahd a undamaged falcon formation who were in range to single move and shoot at the warlock with 4 DC, 2 BMs and no holofield. Needing a 2 they refused to activate >:(

2-1 to me. 1st day had 3 fun games against nice opponents with 2 wins and 1 loss leaving me about 6th

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:21 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It was a good laugh and not too bad for my first Epic Tournament and not too bad with my seigemasters (I'm almost as surprised as you lot are that I did that well)

It was great to meet everyone and thanks to all those I played and that I will not rest till I beat Dave :)
Can't believe I failed those 4 activations.

Might be going Britconn so if I do I will see you lot there

There's no "I" in team.
Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team and you're not on the team, then nobody's on the goddamned team! The team sucks!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:02 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

All the scores etc now updated on the epic-uk site.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks to all the Flame on team for a great event.

Were there any pictures taken other than the Awards ceremony ones.