Login |  Register |  FAQ

which Squat/Demiurg list is accepted most

Post subject: which Squat/Demiurg list is accepted most
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So i've been collecting squats for a month now to play with both versions of the game. What list do most people accept as a good list to play with.  The only list i have is the EA Compendium list that i found in the files here.  it seems like a decent list but is missing exo-armor trikes and larger hearth guard units.
Can somebody who like's squats point me out in a good direction.

So far in my collection is some of the Kharzari infantry from Exodus wars, Two overlords, two thunderfire batteries, a collusses and 2 squads of bikes and 2 squads of trikes. Not to mention about 20 rhino's and a Leviathan.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:41 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Howdy Dughan,

There is the Thurgrimm's List and the Demiurg list which have been worked on together by the two list developers.  The whole idea is that these two lists would be part of a larger project that we are currently working on which would place both lists in a supplement that will detail the Tyranids eating the Squats.

While they aren't my lists, I'm responsible for formatting them and -so far- I am behind on getting that done.  Sorry about that.  Hopefully I'll have some nicely done up pdfs for you to work with soon.  

In the interim, I'd say play either list and give some good feedback based on your games.  What felt heavy handed?  What felt overpowered?  What was unwieldy?  What worked smoothly?  Etc.  

Personally I've played with and against (mostly against) the Demiurg list and it plays well enough.  Perhaps a little powerful on certain units but for the most part well done.  Of course it is always best to get multiple players' input because not everyone plays the same.  The list could conceivably be over/underpowered, so feel free to post your opinions.

And it is always good to see another forum member from the greatest state in the Union.    :D   Gotta love Texas!

It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I've got my Milkbone underwear on.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Firstly there are 3 squat bike models, Bikes, Trikes and Guildmasters (I assume this is the Exo-Trike you refer to)

Regarding Exo-Trikes and Hearthguard. Thurgrim's (1.1) list has a unit of 6 Hearthguard, however Exo-Armour Trikes are limited to leading Bike/Trike formations (They're Guildmasters as per the original squat lists in Space Marine)

The Demiurg list (v4) also has a unit of 6 Hearthguard but don't have Guildmasters so can upgrade Hearthguard to Hearthguard Cavalry instead.

Both lists have the standard bikes and trikes. It's also worth noting that Hearthguard and Exo-Armour models are merged into the general Hearthguard formations in both lists.