Login |  Register |  FAQ

Inquisition Month is Coming!

Post subject: Inquisition Month is Coming!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The grand Epic overlord NealHunt has informed me that March is the "miscellaneous strange little lists" month, so I'm looking to tighten up the Inquisitorial lists into a "final" format. At least for the Ordo Xenos and the Ordo Malleus, but I'd like to try and get some playtesting with the Ordo Hereticus too as there seem to be plenty of sisters players popping up around the place.

So: has anyone been using the lists recently? Any comments on them from playtesting? Any of those sisters players been using the Hereticus list?

I've some changes of my own in mind, I'll post them when I've got a sec.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'd love to see some redemptionists in the Hereticus list! They were in the old 40k sisters list...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (zombocom @ 27 Feb. 2009, 16:39 )

I'd love to see some redemptionists in the Hereticus list! They were in the old 40k sisters list...

That's not a bad idea at all. They could double as fateris militia. Hmmm. Perhaps replacing, or in addition to, the Imperial Guard elements.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Lord Inquisitor @ 01 Mar. 2009, 15:41 )

Quote: (zombocom @ 27 Feb. 2009, 16:39 )

That's not a bad idea at all. They could double as fateris militia. Hmmm. Perhaps replacing, or in addition to, the Imperial Guard elements.

I would say replacingthe imperial guard.  wars of faith are not that well organised.

You could also, only allow a few guard units, depending on the number of frateris and redemptionists.  For example for every two Frat and red formations you are allowed to purchase one guard formation.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think I'm with you on removing the Guard and replacing them with the Redemptionists. They probably shouldn't have hydra or russ in support either. I suppose making them the same as a Guard unit with a heavy stubber or heavy flamer and maybe only FF6+ would be appropriate. That deprives the Ordo Hereticus of any flak other than Banishers (although, to be fair, at least the OH has ground-based flak) and any infantry with a range over 15/30cm! We could add the arco-flagellants and the penitent engines to these formations, which is an awesome idea as they're just hard to fit anywhere else.

So, what should be the stats for redemptionists/frateris? CC6+ like guard, or CC5+ to represent their chainsword-wielding tendancies? FF5+ like guard or only FF6+ as they're untrained for the most part? Heavy stubber or heavy flamer?

I was thinking about the Basilica. Rather than the modifier system as it is now, it might be easier to just say that all troops inside can simply fire out (as if it were "open topped" in 40K) and contribute their attacks in assault. As a consequence, I'd drop the heavy flamers and the CC/FF values down to 6+ each (or even "-"?).

Gun-cutters need looking at, their ground-strafing capabilities need a slight boost and their AA needs toning down. I'm of two minds for the glavian pilot - it's probably best to just make the cutter a straight fighter-bomber, but in a list with fighter support it might as well be a bomber. I also don't know about the invulnerable. Is the invulnerable perceived as too many saves? I could just make it a straight fighter-bomber, remove the glavian upgrade and invulnerable and drop the cost from 200 to 175 or even 150.

What else? I tried the drop fortress as a garrison and it got massacred. Despite its formidable stats, being immobile makes that limited use, particularly to store troops in (since they can't disembark and move due to the WE rules). I'll try it out in an actual combat drop next time, but I think it might need more DC and/or guns to justify the 700-point price tag (I still want it to be the same price as the mobile Fortress).

For the alienhunters:

Deathshrieks need their AA values dropped to 5+ (again, due to the +1 change).

Thunderhawk Destructors need their turbolaser range dropped to 45cm and the bombs removed, but capacity up to 6 stands.

For the daemonhunters:

The blasted Rites of Exorcism bonus to the Chaos player still needs considering.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Lord Inquisitor @ 01 Mar. 2009, 18:53 )

So, what should be the stats for redemptionists/frateris? CC6+ like guard, or CC5+ to represent their chainsword-wielding tendancies? FF5+ like guard or only FF6+ as they're untrained for the most part? Heavy stubber or heavy flamer?

Here's the Redemptionist list I worked up for fun if you want some ideas:

http://elf.planetquake.gamespy.com/Epic ... onists.htm

But for a single generic Redemptionist/Fraternis unit, I'd have CC5+, FF6+ and a heavy flamer probably.