Login |  Register |  FAQ

Genestealer Cult List

Post subject: Genestealer Cult List
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (CyberShadow @ 05 Jan. 2009, 04:28 )

Thank you Hena.... I was starting to get worried!  :p

The Genestealer List is still something that will always be close to me, and I am happy to hear suggestions or comments on it.

Thanks much for the link Hena!

It's great to see The Cult has some representation in EA.  Considering the mass of 40K GS Cult lists, I was a bit surprised by not initially finding a list on these forums.

I really like your list & background CS.  You even gave the human bombs some love! :vD  It would be great fun for scenarios and I have to agree with your point on having the list function in more of a guerilla style.  Sticking to the basics of the fluff, Genestealer Cults really are about subverting the powers that be vs beating the tar out of them in open warfare.

@CS, why no fliers on the list?  It seems like there could be sufficient contact with pilots for the Brood to pick up a limited number of flyboys.  Tim's Genestealer Ark seems like it could be a good, characterful addition to the tabletop as well.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:06 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes, there an E40K G/S Cult list. I have in my Archives. IIRC it's from an old CJ ....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:59 am 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

Quote: (Ghudra @ 05 Jan. 2009, 17:06 )

It's great to see The Cult has some representation in EA.  Considering the mass of 40K GS Cult lists, I was a bit surprised by not initially finding a list on these forums.

I really like your list & background CS.  You even gave the human bombs some love! :vD  It would be great fun for scenarios and I have to agree with your point on having the list function in more of a guerilla style.  Sticking to the basics of the fluff, Genestealer Cults really are about subverting the powers that be vs beating the tar out of them in open warfare.

@CS, why no fliers on the list?  It seems like there could be sufficient contact with pilots for the Brood to pick up a limited number of flyboys.  Tim's Genestealer Ark seems like it could be a good, characterful addition to the tabletop as well.

Thanks. The Genestealer Cult was the one of the two first sets of minis that I bought for wargaming (the other being the old plastic beakie Marines) from an army deal in WD (around issue 85).

Regarding fliers, this was a conscious decision. While a Cult could quite easy subvert pilots and even engineers, I assumed that taking over an entire airfield would be more difficult, and then getting the amount of aircraft fuel and parts would be almost impossible. In addition, one of the first thing that any race would do (if they were not going to 'nuke the site from orbit') would be to recapture these assets.

Also, the Cult having difficulty getting air superiority seems to be a very characterful aspect and makes the force different from Imperial Guard, etc. I have attempted to make sure that the Cult has some AA ground support, to stop them being totally overwhelmed. I have also had suggestions for either refitted cargo fliers, or even kamakazi aircraft (Tim from the 40K Cult list gave me a few suggestions as well).

Thanks for checking them out, and let me know if you give them a try.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Legion 4 @ 06 Jan. 2009, 00:06 )

Yes, there an E40K G/S Cult list. I have in my Archives. IIRC it's from an old CJ ....

Just FYI - I have a Xerox of the G/S Cult list entitled "Children of the Kraken". From an old CJ, don't know which one. It's for E40K ... :alien:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:02 pm 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

There was a CJ E40K Genestealer Cult list, although it was a little limited. I was kicking myself at the time, as I had already put my version together and when I mentioned it to SG they said that they wouldnt publish two lists of the same kind for the same game.  :sad:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Chaos Genestealer Cult was my second army (first being Orks) for 40K using the lists from WD.  I pulled all the Chaos elements and the bugboyz are now getting retrofitted with some of the new, sexy plastic bits at my usual glacial pace. :cool:  

That's good logic for the fliers.  I could see a light civilian transport or hauler that belongs to the cult making it's way on the field.  Not so much as just being bomb vehicles, but as a risky way to get Purestrains into the enemies lines.

So what about the Genestealer Ark? :))  

I liked the Hybrid Monstrosity idea that came out of the BoLS list as well.  It seemed in character for the force.