Login |  Register |  FAQ

Squats Vs Orks 5000 points batrep

Post subject: Squats Vs Orks 5000 points batrep
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:16 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This is the battle report of my last game in Lyon 2009 Epic tournament.

After facing Chaos then Eldars in two 4K battles on saturday, I faced csuia's Ork army in a 5K game on sunday.

Terrain:

My 5K Squat list:
>>>>>> Company
Guild Biker Company
Goliath Company
Overlord Company
Warrior BrotherHood
>>>>>> Special
Colossus
Colossus
Behemoth
>>>>>> Support
Bike Squadron Detachment
Goliath Cannon
Thunderfire
Thunderfire
Observation Balloons
Rhinos detachment
Termite detachment

5K Ork Army List
Deathskull Clan
FreeBooters
deathskull shootas
deathskull shootas
Shokk Attack Gunz
BoneCrushas
Braincrushas

Bad Moon Clan
Renegades mekboyz (3 lifta droppa, 3 rokkits, 2 kustom cannons, 1 dragsta)
Bizarboy tower
Shokk Attack Gunz
Bonecrushas
Braincrushas
Flak wagons

Kult of Speed
Mekano
BikeBoyz
Nobz Warbike
Nobz Warbike
Mekboy Dragsta
Chassa-bombas

Meka-gargant

My plan:
I have been playing an ork army during few years under the SM/TL rules 15 years ago before selling this army to buy squats so I know the strength of such an army. Mekboy tower can be really painfull is it's overcharged, dragsta protection is good and the mekboy dragstas can be dangerous as well as braincrushas. Shock attack guns and their unlimited range could be dangerous for any unit with some nice dice roll as well as Deathskull shootas. On my side, I still have a big firepower for first fire phase(2 colossus, 1 behemoth, 3 overlords, 4 goliath cannons) but there's a lot of green skins to kill. With only 1 chassa-bombas detachment, my thunderfire will not have many targets to shoot at. Kult of speed and its 15 warnobz will be a threat for my bikers, on saturday, my bikers has a bad time against Eldar jet bikes and I learnt from this battle. This time, I won't repeat my mistake and I will use my firepower to reduce enemy forces before engaging my cavalry in CC. Moreover, I'm sure my opponent will have it's bad moon & deathskull boyz on advance or first fire so there's no need for me to offer some targets within their range!

Ork surprises:
- 2 Bad Moons Nobz become madboyz due to bad bionic bitz (surely sold by DeathSkulls)

Deployement:
Squats:

Orks:

Turn 1:
Termite detachment stay underground.
My rhino detachmment charged on my right flank and capture the objective inside the bunker. 3 stands enters the bunker while 3 others stay outside as I'm not sure if my opponent as a weapon with ignore cover or destroy building. Kult of speed counter-charges and engage units outside the building. Mekano and gretchins enter the bunker, engaging CC with my berserkers. Trikes detachment advance on the right and gain a cover in small ruins and capture an objective. All my bikers detachement stay in my deployment zone. They will be more usefull next turn when kult of speed will be at charging range. Fight-bombas advances, one destroys itself due to misfunction on its aftaburnas. I kill one more with the thunderfire detachment on the right. Boyz advances to come closer, all my praetorians advance too as well as my overlords. Dragstas advance covering all orks important units and granting some line of sight. On my left flank, my warriors charge and enter some ruins to gain cover and capture an objective. 3 bonecrushas charge to capture objectives in the middle of the table. Thunderers advance and hide in ruins. Freebooterz capture an objective in ruins on the left ork flank.
First Fire phase: Orks shock attack gunz start boring me. The LOS range is a pain for my overlords and my opponent tries to kill them. A colossus launch 3 missiles to reduce the second SAG and kills 2 stands. It shoot at some unprotected mekboy vehicles and manage to destroy some. Few weapons are directed toward the Mekboy gargant but the shield seems impenetrable. Goliaths cannons shoot at the dragsta protecting the some braincrushas and the weirdboy tower after 2 misses, one shot is successfull and penetrate the shield. With a 6 roll and 10BP, weirdboy tower and dragsta are destroyed. Nice shot! With the dragsta killed, the "last word" behemot railgun destroyed 2 braincrushas.
Overlords weapons are directed toward remaining bonecrushas and destroy them, one still stands close to an objective. Overlord on my right flank shot at the remaining fightabombas and destroys it.
CC phase: berserkers inside the bunker kill mekboy and gretchins stands. Troops outside the bunker are killed, outnumbered by orks.
Advance Fire: Deathskulls shootas destroy one overlord, mekboyz vehicles shot at my thunderers and bikes removing some stands. 2 goliath cannons are destroyed too.
End phase: Squats are leading.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Turn 2:
My tunnelers tried to exit under freebooterz feets but the exit point deviates out of table. As my tunneler launchers can see the exit point, tunnelers are not destroyed but will stay underground one more turn.

Ork initiative and KOS buggys charge my trikes on my right flank and are in my deployment zone, my trikes on FF order snap fire few buggys engagins them, it works quite well. 2 squat bike detachment charge them. Nobz warbikes are placed to form a line outside the close combat. Praetorians advance but my behemoth is quite close to Bad moon boyz and few stands are in range to target it. I keep my last bike detachment in my deployment zone to be able to charge the mekboy renegade vehicles next turn if they decide to come at charge range. One the right, my overlord changes altitude to low and gains a cover behind a tower, SAG and Shootas won't be able to target it next turn but my overlord can shoot at warbike nobz.
First fire: quite all warbike nobz are killed by colossus and overlord. Deathskulls braincrushas are destroyed, lots of shootas are killed and only one stand left. bonecrushas in my half table is killed by warriors in ruins. It's still impossible to pass through the mekboy gargant shield and through dragsta renegade protection shield. SAG killed 2 thunderfire cannons. One more overlord is destroyed and one more Goliath cannon is removed. Behemoth lost few shields.
CC phase: the close combat involving KoS buggys vs Squat bikes turns in a success for the squats, few buggys survived:

Advance Fire: Liftas droppas are in luck and play with some bikes but the 3 rokkitz vehicles manage to roll 3 superb "misfire" in a row but avoid the destruction rolling nice armor saves.
End phase: Squats are leading but do not reach victory points, Kos is broken but moral check is OK, bad Moon clan is broken but moral check is OK too. Let go to turn 3

Turn 3:
This Tunnelers could exit exactly where they were supposed to be. But a roll of 1 differ their exit to another turn.
Mekboy gargant do not turn off its shield.
Behemoth move backward (at half speed) to place more than 50cm between it and bad moons boyz. On my right flank, Kos survivors reengage CC against my victory bikers. Not that problematic for me. Renegades mekboyz charge to capture an objective in the center of the table. This time, my bike detachment that have not made anything during the table charge all the vehicles. One Bad Moon Nobz stand try to steal a squat objective hidding within 15cm of it behind a bridge. I move a colossus that can see it and that will be able to shot the renegades vehicles in the back if the protecting dragsta is killed in CC by my guildmaster on trike.
First Fire: I lost one more goliath, only 2 are remaining. But that's all. My praetorians trade their FF order to advance order, I want to be sure to destroy all renegades vehicles after CC.
CC: dragsta is killed! as well as few others mekboy vehicles. On my right flank, squat bikers win CC.
Advance Fire: Colossus shot sucessfully all vehicles not protected anymore by dragsta shield. Bad Moon Nobz stand is killed, it won't steal this objective! More Deathskull stands are killed.

End phase: Mekboy gargant is overcharged and generator explodes starting 3 fires and making explode the gargant!

I finally win 72 (4 obj) Vs 40 (3 obj), all orks clans are broken awarding a large victory, only boyz are still alive...

Conclusion:

A nice battle, a lot or good things, my opponent and me did not roll lucky dices. Finally, I respected my battle plan and this worked well as green wave was stopped by a wall of steel!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:27 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Poor Mekboy Gargant.

:ooooo:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:37 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Blish @ Nov. 19 2009, 11:27 )

Poor Mekboy Gargant.

It's always risky to keep the shield up during 3 turns...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Many thanks for the battle report(s). You have a beautifully painted Squat army. Makes me want to get off my lazy behind and finally finish painting the last Grand Battery needed for the first 10000 point chunk of my own Squat army.  :agree:  :sign1:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Excellent report!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:00 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

awesome report. Also great to see fully painted models on both sides.

When I play Zap always lets the team down.. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:41 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Brave squats do their jobs :laugh:
very nice :agree: