Login |  Register |  FAQ

NetEA Dark Eldar 2017 Vs Biel-Tan V4.2 (farsight test)

Post subject: Re: NetEA Dark Eldar 2017 Vs Biel-Tan V4.2 (farsight test)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:41 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I played a test game on Sunday, using Mic's Biel-tan list he took against you, and then used the list I would have taken to the game against Eldar.

I had a tormentor, 2 x VOP, 2 Reaver bike gangs Succubus, 2 Flotillas dracons , the Coterie Archon, Talos, portable wraithgate, and a Razorwing squadron. I spread the forces out keeping them away from the Void Spinners 120cm range where possible. I left the big boys in the middle to be its artillery targets, and they had the shields to handle it. Then I manoeuvred my forces keeping them in 3 groups 2 large, 1 small. I completed a number of successful assaults including a clipping assault by he Tormentor and the Coterie who threw out the portable wraithgate. I deployed the Talos a little later and destroyed the Scorpion through combat resolution and support fire, even though the talos did not damage to the scorpion, and it did not hurt them. The Eldar made an air assault against my Blitz and the 5 remaining reavers guarding it, and after my CAP caused a DC hit and 2 x BM on the vampire, DE won the engagement through sheer lucky rolling of saves, 1 died from a MW, another form a failed save from a total of 6 hits. Combat resolution rolls also helped. The ravagers followed up and killed off 2 of the broken Aspect warriors who were running for the ruins 40cm away, the other 3 were removed because of BM while broken.

Engagements were brutal , and finally decided the outcome of the game.

Lots of move-shoot-move from both sides, and once the Eldar SC was killed off, they could not re-roll their failed rallies, or activations.

Reaver Jetbikes will be in every list I take, for the same reasons you say you take the Warriors. They are a tough unit, very fast, with a decent 4+ save. They are also cheap enough for what you get.

I have to edit, and convert/clip the photos I have taken (123 of them), and finish off the battle report.

Profile Send private message