Login |  Register |  FAQ

Iyanden (V4.2.4) Vs Knights

Post subject: Iyanden (V4.2.4) Vs Knights
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi Guys
Another game for Iyanden and the approval process. It’s the first time I have taken on the knights with Iyanden and was an interesting and enjoyable game.

Iyanden Craftworld (4.2.4)

REVENANT TITANS [650]
2 Revenant Titans

WRAITHGATE [50]

SPIRIT WRAITHGUARD WARHOST [375]
4x Wraithguard units, Wraithseer

SPIRIT WRAITHBLADE WARHOST [225]
4x Wraithblade units, Spiritseer

SPIRIT WRAITHBLADE WARHOST [225]
4x Wraithblade units, Spiritseer

ASPECT WARRIOR TROUPE [200]
4 Swooping Hawk, Exarch

RANGER TROUPE [100]
4 Ranger

SWORDS OF VAUL TROUPE [250]
3 Falcons, 2 Fire Storm

NIGHT SPINNER TROUPE [175]
3x Night Spinner units

ENGINE OF VAUL TROUPE [500]
Storm Serpent, Scorpion

ENGINE OF VAUL TROUPE [250]
Storm Serpent

Deployment
Iyanden Rangers garrison.
Wraithblades, Wraithguard 1 and 2 and Swooping Hawks are in the warp.

Turn 1
Iyanden win the strategy roll
I – Ranger OW
K- Tbolts ground assault on the single storm serpent for 1 DC and 2 BM.
I – SS then marshals moving forward and clears the BM.
K – Castellan 1 on OW
I – Revenants double forward and shoot paladins killing 2 breaking the remainder which remains where it is.
K- Errants and the Baron double forward and fire on revenants doing 1 DC which crits and cancels out the holofields on the 1 of the revs.
I – Night Spinners sustain at errants doing 1 DC which crits destroying another knight 3 BM
K – Paladins fail to activate, SC re-roll used passed, advance and fire at rangers and kills one for 2 BM.
I – SOV advance and fire at errants for another BM.
K – Castellan 2 sustain at the rangers yet didn’t manage to hit anything but place another BM which breaks them.
I – Scorpion and Storm Serpent double forward firing on the errants and killed another Errant for another 3 BM.
K – Wardens advance forward
I – The swooping hawks double out of the wraithgate objective to surround the errants. They are fired on by Castellan 1 which kills 2 and breaks the formation which still lands behind the errants.
I – Wraithguard activate and engage the Barons errant unit out of the Storm Serpent. The knights take 2 DC which kills the Baron (as he was the closest) for no damage in return. The combat dice are rolled and the Knights lose leaving one errant on 1 DC. The remaining errant is unable to move away due to the swooping hawks behind it so it stayed put.
Rally Phase
Swooping hawks fail despite SC, everything else rallies.

Turn 2
Iyanden win the Strategy roll
I – The wriathguard engage the remaining errant which destroys it for no damage back, (BTS).
I –The Scorpion/ Storm Serpents retain and double forward and shoot at Castellan 1 causing 1 DC for 2 BM.
I – The Wraithblade Retain and engage Castellan 1 out of the stormserpent. After 2 rounds of combat and support fire from the wardens and the scorpion/stormserpent the wraithblade win the combat with the combat res wiping out the remaining knights. The remaining 2 wraithblades were also broken and they doubled to the ruins near the Knights Blitz. The Wardens took 1 BM.
K- Castellan 2 advance and fire at the scorpion/stormserpent destroying the scorpion and breaking the storm serpent which breaks and retreats back to cover.
I – Rangers fail to OW but only 1 BM is removed.
K- Wardens fail to activate and fire on the broken Wraithblades which failed to hit.
I – SOV move fire move at the paladins which does 1 DC which crits and then breaks the remaining knight. The SOV move back behind the cover of the ruins.
K – Tbolts ground assault at lone storm serpent for no DC and 1 BM.
I – The lone Storm Serpent fails to activate but clears both BMs.
K- Paladin 2 fails to activate and fire at the rangers again for 1 BM.
I – Revenants move fire move doing 3 DC on the wardens, with a crit kills 2 wardens and breaks the last warden.
I – Night Spinners march across the the other flank.
Rally
Wraithblades and Paladin 1 fail to rally while all other units pass. Tbolts fly off no dramas.
Sorry guys I seemed to have lost my end of second turn photo.

Turn 3
Iyanden win strategy
I – Nights spinners sustain at the warden doing 1 DC and breaks it.
K – Paladin 2 double forward and fire on the rangers for 1 BM.
I – Rangers marshal, moving up onto to of the objectives plus clear BMs.
K- Tbolts attack the rangers killing 2 and breaking the last stand.
I – Wraithguard march to hold the objective on the far left flank.
K – Castalen 2 fail to activate which they shoot at the swooping hawks killing one and breaking the last stand with the exarch.
I – The lone SS triple to hold Iyanden blitz.
I – SS (scorpion partner) doubled forward and fired at the paladin 2 for 1 BM. It also held 2 objectives.
I – revenants double forward to the Knight blitz and fired on the castalen 2 and failed to do any damage.
I – Wraithblades engage out of the wraithgate objective the paladin 2. The wraithblade inflicted 3 DC but were wiped out in return. The paladins break from casualties.
I – SOV double towards the knights blitz and fire on the Castalen 2 for no DC and 1 BM.
Rally
Paladins, wardens and rangers fail to rally. Everyone else passes.
Iyanden win 3-0 (DTF, BTS, TSNP)
Thoughts
Allan had some terrible dice to activate on numerous occasions and once the Baron and his re-roll went down in the first turn it was difficult for him to recover with some many activations failing. The Iyanden list is feeling balanced and I am enjoying the list. The list still feels fragile and against the knights the wraith engagements were anything but a certainty. Of the 3 major Wraith engagements I won 2 decisively, another I won but was broken afterwards and the third despite some reasonable damage got wiped out. The knights are a good challenge for Iyanden and I would like to play Allan again when his activation rolls are working.

Cheers
Mic

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Iyanden (V4.2.4) Vs Knights
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It looks like the Knights also rolled crazy bad armour rolls, at least in turn 1.

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:21 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Thanks for the report

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the report!
Nice to see the Iyanden kill some Knights again :)

Impressive that you manages 10 activations with both Revenants and SS in the list.
Guessing you were lucky you didn't face a more air heavy build (Mordoten always take 3 thunderbolt formations at least with his knights ;))

Just a short "rule question" so I get it right:
In the first turn when the Baron is killed the remaining Knight stays put after becoming broken. Unless he was more then 15 cm away from the Eldar he would be destroyed, right? Also when making a withdrawal move you can ignore enemy zones of control so how is the swooping hawk stopping him from running away?

and just to be curious why did you start the game with OW on the rangers?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great batrep! Thanks mic. Sorry i missed cazcon! Hahaha

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks Gents ;D

@Mordoten, yeah Allan was failing a lot of armour saves plus I was jagging a high proportion of criticals on him to rub salt in the wound :-\

@Uvenlord, we actually got that one wrong. At the time of the lone entrants withdrawal we thought a broken formation could only freely move through the engaging formations zones of control. It's actually all zones if control, which means the errant could have moved back. In the scheme of things I don't believe it would have changed anything in the game to much given the massed formations of eldar that still had range on the lone 1DC errant.

@Jim, mate it's always good if you can make games and a shame when you can't.

Cheers

Mic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

@Uvenlord, just on the activation count this list was pretty good. I compromised the expensive air formations given I had the revs and pair of fire storms for air cover. I wanted this list to have a stronger shooting presence balanced in with the engaging wraith formations. I am keen to try this build out some more.

Cheers

Mic