Login |  Register |  FAQ

Red Corsair List Advice

Post subject: Red Corsair List Advice
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:44 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi guys, I hope this is an appropriate place to ask.

I've owned a bunch of Epic models for years and, having been playing Adeptus Titanicus for a while and using some of the models for tokens, basing etc, I figured I'd actually give Epic a go as a game in it's own right.

I've narrowed down my list choice to Red Corsairs, simply as it allows a large degree of flexibility and I own pretty much everything the list can do, but I'm utterly stumped for what to put in the army.

The main draw is the list having Thunderhawks, so I'd at least like 1. Terminators seem a solid choice too. I looked through a lot of the playtest games and see those are both very common. However, I didn't see much love for Land Raiders or Predators, instead seeing either a lot of Renegade Warbands or yet more Terminators and Thunderhawks, nor much consistent selection of Hounds Squadrons/Demon Knights/Defilers/Silver Towers/Brass Scorpions/Blood Slaughters - Chosen and Raptors showed up a few times but still seemed overshadowed by more Terminators, more Thunderhawks and Renegade Warbands.

Would anyone who's played the list have any insight about this? I like the idea of a mechanized tank force, but it doesn't seem a popular style for the army. Is there anything that would be recommended to take besides Terminators, Thunderhawks and Renegade Warbands? Are Land raiders and Predators not viable?

Ideally I'd like to make an initial list for 1500 points and possibly build up as I paint more for the force - I'm guessing a core would be Terminators, a Thunderhawk, two Warbands and 300-400 for Chosen to possibly scout ahead?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Red Corsair List Advice
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It's mainly due to the EA mechanics making air assault, especially termies in bricks, a much more powerful build and allowing a more reactive to flexible strategy than ground pounders. They work with guard due to the formation sizes and having more ablative units than marines tend to have. The IW list would probably fit better for treads and demon engines.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

Post subject: Re: Red Corsair List Advice
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cheers for the explanation. I guess it gives me an excuse to paint up a second Thunderhawk at least, and I'll likely pick up more terminators then.