Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

Thousand Sons 6.0

Post subject: Re: Thousand Sons 6.0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:29 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Another report here:
http://hordesofthings.blogspot.co.nz/20 ... fists.html

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Markconz wrote:

Great.

How did you and your opponent where happy with the price drop on the silver towers?

12 activations in 4000 points is not to bad for Thousand sons, I believe.

The as you say poor ground AA. Is just one weakness this list needs to have. But...

The Deceiver are not cheap but worth there money. You can ping formations using the battle Cannon and are good at close-quarter fighting something this list lacks. So if the formation engages an enemy that would prefer to be in firefight such as Space Marine Devastators, the Defilers can help to put at least some stands in combat, depriving them of their stronger abilities and making them resort to hand-to-hand combat.

Or not?

Cheers

Ole

My pueppchenspieler blog

Building a House Devine Army

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

After writing the above, I thought about having trouble pining enemy formation before the assault. The Deciver is one solution but the 20cm move is not very promising since the 1ksons can't march.

Adding Vindicators could do the trick form another perspective. What do you thing?

Ole

My pueppchenspieler blog

Last edited by Ole on Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:33 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

RE sliver Towers - oops I didn't notice they had changed and was using them at 325 for 4 still sorry. At 90 each (so 360-540) I'm not sure I'd take them as they are so vulnerable, but on the other hand their weapons are pretty powerful so they need to be worth a fair few points. If they are too much more expensive than Landraiders though then those become a more attractive option and fill a similar role. Uncertain.

Re Deceivers, I've found that even single BM shut them down too easily when they are in formations with no other shooting. So your points on the Deceivers shooting and AA ability is wasted in Rubric formations much of time. And Deceivers slow down armour formations or mounted Rubric formations. They don't have infiltrate so they are not nearly as useful as Black Legion ones for assaults. Plus they are expensive things to add to already expensive formations. If they were in their own formation like in Black Legion etc, they would have more of a role but presently they are best left on the shelf in a competitive list I think. Relying on just Doomwings for AA isn't fantastic either but at least they are a cheap activation too.

Re: Vindicators not sure what is proposed.

Reading through the list more carefully again I see Daemonic Pact gives you a free Daemon too in 6.02, didn't realise that, makes the Daemons definitely more attractive I think.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:48 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Markconz wrote:
RE sliver Towers - oops I didn't notice they had changed and was using them at 325 for 4 still sorry. At 90 each (so 360-540) I'm not sure I'd take them as they are so vulnerable, but on the other hand their weapons are pretty powerful so they need to be worth a fair few points. If they are too much more expensive than Landraiders though then those become a more attractive option and fill a similar role. Uncertain.

They dropped in points coming from 360 point for 4 and went to 325 points for 4 like in the cult lists. And they work like that in the Thousand Sons list as well. I have uploaded the newest list (6.1.1) in the first post. Army forge is up do date as well.

Markconz wrote:
Re Deceivers, I've found that even single BM shut them down too easily when they are in formations with no other shooting. So your points on the Deceivers shooting and AA ability is wasted in Rubric formations much of time. And Deceivers slow down armour formations or mounted Rubric formations.

Your are right about the suppressing. And the slowing down. I use them in the blitz guard formation.

Markconz wrote:
If they were in their own formation like in Black Legion etc, they would have more of a role but presently they are best left on the shelf in a competitive list I think.

I will think about it a little bit more. Defilers are a Black crusade thing like some of Abbandons little toys.

Markconz wrote:
Re: Vindicators not sure what is proposed.

I thought about adding them to the rubric Fellowship as an upgrade. But there is the slowing down and the suppressing argument like the decivers. But cheaper. But I don't wand to add something nobody is using.

Markconz wrote:
Reading through the list more carefully again I see Daemonic Pact gives you a free Daemon too in 6.02, didn't realise that, makes the Daemons definitely more attractive I think.

;D Daemonic Pact is the common epic rule like in all the other lists. I just put all special rules regarding the thousand sons in one document.

Cheers,

Ole

My pueppchenspieler blog

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:49 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Ah right, cheers for clarification. Will stick with Army Forge then.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

sorry Guys just spotted a mistake.

The Champion has of corse his:
Daemon Artifact (bc) Assault Weapons EA(+1) FS

as well as his

Daemon Bolt (15cm) Small Arms EA(+1) FS

I'll correct the stats in a later update of the list.

Cheers

Ole

My pueppchenspieler blog

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Another report up...

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=31777

Not against change, so long as it done fairly and no one is left behind....

I'm human and not a !@#$%^# Robot..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Another report up..

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=31779

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thank you guys.

Great to read that it was enjoyable.

Trent if you notice something about the list feel free to tell me.

Ole

My pueppchenspieler blog

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I’ve been thinking about the whole rubric rule.
and made a poll about it here:
http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=31784

Cheers

Ole

My pueppchenspieler blog

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Funny that we were talking about that couple nights go about the Rubic rule.. :) :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi Ole,

Just noticed a small issue with the Dreadclaws in 6.1. They are priced at +5 points each, adding enough to transport the entire formation, but one Dreadclaw carries a whole formation. Should this be +5 points per unit in the formation?

Is it right that, unlike their equivalent in the 13th Black Crusade List, the Sorcerer Lord character does not have Invulnerable Save? I know he can gain one by also adding a Champion of Tzeentch character to the unit - is this the intention? Also seems a bit strange that the Sorcerer Lord unit, leading the formation of Adeptus units, does not have First Strike like they do. Is this intentional?

Just a very minor point as well, in the Champion of Chaos upgrade it lists the formations it can be added to, but a bit unnecessary as each formation says what upgrades they can take.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Heavens To Betsy wrote:
Hi Ole,

Just noticed a small issue with the Dreadclaws in 6.1. They are priced at +5 points each, adding enough to transport the entire formation, but one Dreadclaw carries a whole formation. Should this be +5 points per unit in the formation?

Is it right that, unlike their equivalent in the 13th Black Crusade List, the Sorcerer Lord character does not have Invulnerable Save? I know he can gain one by also adding a Champion of Tzeentch character to the unit - is this the intention? Also seems a bit strange that the Sorcerer Lord unit, leading the formation of Adeptus units, does not have First Strike like they do. Is this intentional?

Just a very minor point as well, in the Champion of Chaos upgrade it lists the formations it can be added to, but a bit unnecessary as each formation says what upgrades they can take.

Hi Heavens to betsy,

thank you for your intense studying of the list.

1. Dreadclaws: Yes I'll change the wording to the Black legion one. But in the reference part of the list the dreadclaw entry says: Transport: (May transport one formation of infantry units and TS Dreadnoughts.)

2. Characters: You are right about the missing save. But remember that a Character statline is ontop of the original statline. This way the Sorcerer was the reinforced armour from his rubric buddies. One of the many differences in the list structure between EpicUk and this list is that in Epic Uk the Sorcerer are not Characters.

Following this logic the champion has kind of three possible saves, it's a bit over the top but he wouldn't get any cheaper if we drop it.

The Lord has no first strike just because it would be to expensive. He is not a character but an infantry unit. And I never missed it in battle. Did you?

3. Champion: You are right about that one too. Good spot. That way we save a line.

Cheers

Ole

My pueppchenspieler blog

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:24 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Another report:
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=31803

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next