Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Iron Warriors 1.0 - updated list 8th September

Post subject: Re: Iron Warriors 1.0 - updated list 8th September
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

There's going to be some Horus Heresy books set on Tallarn featuring the Iron Warriors, could be good for inspiration:
http://apocalypse40k.blogspot.com.au/20 ... llarn.html

In my opinion the Typhon Heavy Siege Tankwould make a much more appropriate unit to include in the list instead of an allied IG Stormsword.

Stormsword's are rare IG tanks, modified field conversions of damaged Shadowswords. The Typhon meanwhile is a tank specifically associated with the Iron Warriors - one their primarch wanted it for his legion, to quote from the background:
Quote:
the Typhon was developed at the request of Perturabo, Primarch of the Iron Warriors Legion, who wanted a tank that could rival the great batteries of the Imperial Army in firepower, but maneuver and deploy at the speed of a Space Marine force.

Ruleswise a Typhon would be the same as a smaller Land Raider, but DC2 (the tank is a fair bit bigger than a Land Raider - see here for a side by side photo) and with 2 heavy bolters or lascanons and the same gun as a Bombard.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

My profound apologies as a newbie to this particular forum but I see no mention of Forgefiends, Maulerfiends or Helldrakes - are these verboten or out of favor for some reason as additions to the Chaos lists?

Sawbones

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:27 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Thanks for the question Sawbones.
The most up to date discussion thread for the Iron Warriors can be found here.

There has never been a call to include these units in the list (that I'm aware of). I don't know too much about the Forgefiends & Maulerfiends but my guess is that they would end up fairly close to Defilers and as such there isn't a real need to have them represented individually.

Helldrakes look quite complicated to represent in Epic Armageddon. Planes cannot use close combat of firefight abilities unless they land (eg, transport planes like Thunderhawks). The game just doesn't allow a true representation of planes clawing at each other.

I don't see a need to bring much new to the list. I'm basically waiting to get enough battle reports of the current version to apply for approval now. I've got a campaign and tournament coming up in Perth in the coming months so I should be able to supply my quota then.

This thread could probably be locked to avoid further confusion.

NetEA Rules Chair
NetEA FAQ

Want to play Iron Warriors in Epic Armageddon? Click HERE
Some of my Armies.
My Hobby site.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9