Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Vraksian Traitors 1.06

Post subject: Re: Vraksian Traitors 1.06
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well Cal has been talking about the changes he wants to implement after the rounds of testing we did at most of the Australian tournaments this past year with the old list.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:18 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Mard wrote:
Well Cal has been talking about the changes he wants to implement after the rounds of testing we did at most of the Australian tournaments this past year with the old list.

Any hints as to what those changes would be?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ubercris reference your list for Vraks Trairors, I thought that Chaos Traitor Guard get Titans at all. Perhaps allies could include a Chaos Warhound Titan Pack? I do remember form the Siege of Vraks 40K trilogy books I have that all of the lists in the 3 books got access to all classes of Chaos Titans, and even got Daemon Engines like Defilers.

Version 1.6 of the Vraks list gets them. Perhaps include them as allies.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:47 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Didn't the Minotaurs and Malcadors have the walker ability due to their very slow speed?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm starting to get a vraks army assembled and painted up and so stopped in here to look at the list. I guess there aren't many people using it! I notice that the base infantry units and fire support squads are not statted in 1.06. Am I missing something?

Also, as a more open ended question, is this list meant to be just a recreation of the Vraks force or does it extend more widely to renegade militia?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The base infantry, hydras, support infantry units, and any other unit whose stats are not listed in the army list, are a direct copy from the standard Imperial guard list.

For example the base infantry have no save, move 15cm, 6+ CC, 5+FF, and 1 in every 2 units rounding up has an autocannon - 45cm AP 5+/ AT 6+. Just as in the steel legion army list. Only the rare units like the Minotaurs, the Malcadors, and Valdors are listed.

In the Australian scene, I know of 5 people including myself who run a Vraksian army, and only one of those people I have not met. Each of us has a force of between 4000 and 14,000 points - or more by now for some.

My army is about 12,000 points. Most of it is painted.

I have had a varying degree of success and not success with them. They are a fun army to play.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

https://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=34340

Hi,

I posted a battle report of Vraksian Traitors vs Death Korps of Krieg, 4.000 pionts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

a second battle report Vraksian rebels vs Space Wolfs 3.000pts:

https://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd ... 84&t=34365

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I do not see much activity here. I would like to take over as army champion. Anyone have issues with me spearheading the effort?

* Both the army list and reference excel has holes and units missing. I would like to fix that.

* The units in the list have different stats and different costs. I would like to bring it up to date to match current approved lists.

* Play test it and get the list approved.

Then down the road look at additions to the list. And play testing that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Be great to see something done with the list! I have models for it and would like to play it and perhaps playtest it (albeit as a low priority I'm testing a 30k legion list sooner).

The old list is seriously abusable and horribly broken due to it having loads of 15cm tanks that can garrison forward on overwatch though. When the Vraks list was discussed a while ago over on the Tactical Command Discord (not sure if you're on there too but you should as there's 1000 times as many posts there than this old forum these days) a good suggestion was to represent the unreliable engines by switching all those vehicles to move 20cm but adding a special rule to the army that Malcador variants (plus the Valdor and Minotaur) can't march. I'd strongly suggest switching to that instead.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I grew up in the old school IBM. Its all about the data. If the data supports a change, then the change is the right course. The data is needed!

GlynG wrote:
Be great to see something done with the list! I have models for it and would like to play it and perhaps playtest it (albeit as a low priority I'm testing a 30k legion list sooner).

I took the list to Little Wars 2023, 0 - 3, and Fall In 2023 , 2 -1. The traitors are wick slow and get out maneuvered, out activated.

[/quote]The old list is seriously abusable and horribly broken due to it having loads of 15cm tanks that can garrison forward on overwatch though. When the Vraks list was discussed a while ago over on the Tactical Command Discord (not sure if you're on there too but you should as there's 1000 times as many posts there than this old forum these days) a good suggestion was to represent the unreliable engines by switching all those vehicles to move 20cm but adding a special rule to the army that Malcador variants (plus the Valdor and Minotaur) can't march. I'd strongly suggest switching to that instead.[/quote]

Way back in the thread the reason for 15cm is stated as; "15cm move for them in Epic is overall better than 20cm so they end up superior to Leman Russes rather than worse."

The of Garrisoning of Malcadors was an original concept to the list. The originator of the list stated; "it has an intentional good garrison ability." If we were to take it away, the loss of the ability would then change the basic functionality of the list.
The comments throughout the the years suggest play testing the restriction on "March." I would play test the idea of restricting "March" first.
* "The hallmark of why this list operate differently imho is the presence of garrisoned malcadors. I think there's something to be said about removing march order from the formation (it's said to have a very underpowered engine for the size of the tank)."
* "This list will be slow, so I'm not sure if we should restrict the Malcadors too much. If we do put a restriction on the Malcador (which I don't think is needed), it should be "cannot march" OR "cannot Garrison" but not both."
* "15cm but crucially it means they can garrison. That could certainly be very interesting and useful, tank companies or infantry with tanks attached can now start much further forward and put the hurt in early despite their slow movement."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah I'm apt to keep them able to garrison. It's thematic and a differentiator from other lists. The big issue was having a few giant blobs of tanks up front. Playing with the structure and size (like should they be in core for example) and should they actually be allowed
as formations of 10, instead. Removing march is also justified from fluff and balancing reasons and I hope you analyze that first, then play with other features of the list. Ultimately the idea of low tech guard and elites (Marines) became watered down with it morphing into Steel Legion with slightly different tanks and different names (re: infantry coy with chimeras and an inspiring character)

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:19 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have moved you over to the Vraks 1.08 thread.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7