Login |  Register |  FAQ

[fanlist] Word Bearers

Post subject: Re: [fanlist] Word Bearers
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:05 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
The reason i didn't include unit X is that i based this list on the information of the three novels "Dark Apostle", "Dark Disciple" and "Dark Creed". At the time i developed the first draft of this list it was my understandung that each list would be tied to a specific campaign. So yes surely Word Bearers HAVE Daemon Perinces but not this specific Warhost.

If you want to develop a generic Word Bearers armylist then go on and include whatevery suits you :)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

BlackLegion wrote:
If you want to develop a generic Word Bearers armylist then go on and include whatevery suits you :)

I'm not planning it myself, though I'd playtest one. I did a search do see if there was a Word Bearers list and Ruiza's post sounds like he has taken over championing Word Bearers (it's not like you were actively developing them) so I was making some suggestions for him.

I picked up that you were basing it on some books, but a generic Word Bearers list is really what is needed for epic and people can always model their army to represent a particular army from this then if they choose. The weren't any Chaos Warlords known to have fought in the Vraks campaign, to pick one example, but the Vraks list still includes a Chaos Warlord.

ruiza97 wrote:
Greetings,
I plan to debut a Word Bearers army tomorrow against my nephew's Biel-Tan Eldar army. I've been asked to follow the developing BL list and therefore the list I plan to follow tomorrow will consist of the following changes...I'm working on developing an actual list soon.

Adrian
Word Bearers Army Stooge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:40 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi. I'm working on the painting up the models and organizing some games. Also need to learn how to use pdf.
Comments from,
GlynG wrote:
Word Bearers Daemonic Summoning
Summoning loads of daemons is the Word Bearers theme and should be central to Word Bearers armies. I very strongly suggest a note in the army list that ALL eligible infantry formations in the army MUST take Daemonic Focus. You wouldn't necessarily want to do this with all your formations tactically, but it is very fitting to be forced to and it adds flavour and a downside.

I was planning to do this.

GlynG wrote:
Secondly I advocate generally using the Black Legion trial demon rules. However if it were twice as much to summon a daemon there would be less daemons appearing in Word Bearer armies than Black Legions ones, the opposite of what is wanted. I strongly suggest modifying the rule to include “each lesser daemon costs twice as much to summon if the formation already contains a daemon or greater demon of a different chaos god”. DO NOT use Black Legions formulation of allowing any daemon to be freely used without penalty, it's much too good and will allow combinations to be abused and gamed.

So, if you want to summon from all chaos gods, then the cost is twice?

GlynG wrote:
Other things:

I get the Word Bearers not having access to Slaanesh daemon engines and titans, since they don't get on well with the Emperor's Children but the list should really include a Tzeentch option as well as Nurgle and Khorne. I vote for including Tzeentch Silver Towers, but leave the Tzeentch flyers and stick with the standard ones.

They hate the idea of following a particular god but I tjink they are ok with using slannesh in their schemes. Allow for all chaos Daemon Engines?

GlynG wrote:
Drop the Kathartes entirely from the list. A humanoid being able to catch up with and attack a fighter aircraft at supersonic speeds is entirely ridiculous and should be ignored. You could model them anyway and just use them as Raptors.

Ok.

GlynG wrote:
Include Obliterators!

Include Titans!

I was planning on, too.

GlynG wrote:
As well as the cult marines I suggest dropping the Havoc formation as another downside and differentiator of the list. It's a useful little formation, but the list needs some downsides and differences vs BL and RC to balance out its advantages. Havocs would still be available, just only as an upgrade for the Retinue, not on their own.

Daemon Princes are highly appropriate for Word Bearers, as exemplars of CSM joining with daemonic powers. I don't understand why Black Legion's list didn't include them but they should definitely be there. I found a lexicanum page listing all mentioned daemon princes in the background and 4 of them are word bearers one.

Ok. Thanks for the info. Next game is planned for September.