Login |  Register |  FAQ

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Played my first gamefusilade

Post subject: Played my first gamefusilade
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So I got my first game in against Eldar.  We played the Behind Enemy Lines Scenario.  I took the Defender's list, 4 Barracudas and an Orca, and Adam took 3 Nightwings (damn those are expensive).

Adam headed to the side of the table while I swept in low through the valleys, the Orca making a bee-line for the downed Pathfinders.  The Orca landed rushing the Pathfinders into the Orca.  

Under cover of the fighters, the Orca managed to lift-off, but a Nightwing managed to eliminate one of the Barracudas, leaving for an attack run against the Orca by another Nightwing.  Luckily the skilled Air Caste pilot managed to survive the fusilade from the Nightwing, and managed to make it off the side of the board.  The Barracudas managed to get revenge for their lost comrade, destroying the offending Nightwing as the covered the Orca's escape.

Blast of a game.  We found the game was all about manoevering, and anticipating what your opponent's plan is, as with needing 5's and 6's to hit and damage, there wasn't much damage dealt.  Eldar Void shields also make it tough as Adam managed to make at least 4 or 5 saves.  The one Barracuda he took down did go down to the Lance shot's extra damage.

Profile Send private message  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]