Login |  Register |  FAQ

Baccus Podcast

Post subject: Baccus Podcast
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:03 pm 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

Hi Peter. I have just listened to your podcast (available from the Baccus site) and wanted to let you know that I enjoyed it.

I share your opinion of the pre-painted trend, in that it really is a slightly different hobby, with a cross-over in customer base. If someone wanted to play 28mm skirmish with me, and wanted to use his pre-painted minis against my own badly painted one, I would certainly have no problem with this.

I enjoyed the 'word from Igor', and look forward to further installments! Also, I think that the music is very well chosen and fitting. Good work.

Your 300 review was excellent. Personally, I didnt enjoy the film, but your comments are very valid and interesting.

I was also very interested by the 'view from the other side' from the re-enactors. This is something that I have absolutely no interest in, but can accept that some people enjoy it a lot, in the same way that I enjoy wargaming. It is a shame that the two hobbies (and I do see them as very different hobbies, in the same way that watching football and actually playing it are) cant share some enthusiasm and knowledge. I think that both sides have a lot to gain.

Finally, in answer to your question, I would alway prefer my minis to accurately be wearing the dress that they actually went to battle in. If a force marches with plumes, and then removes them when going to fight, then I would prefer them removed. Of course, in this case, it may be easier to have them on the minis that can them easily be removed with a file for the accurate player.

Anyway, looking forward to episode three. Please let us know here when it is released.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

For those who haven't heard it the podcast can be downlaoded from here:

http://www.baccus6mm.com/includes/gallery/podcast2.mp3

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Would you believe it, the very first podcast I've had the patince to listen to! Nice job - and very entertaining to, Peter :) :) :)

PS - Igor rules!  :cool: