Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Proposed Cadia ver2.0

Post subject: Re: Proposed Cadia ver2.0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:24 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

GlynG wrote:
I just noticed Kasrkin have teleport. What the heck’s the justification for this? They’re not known for being any more stealthy than Storm Troopers in other guard lists and don’t have any sort of teleport rule in 40k. They don’t have actual teleporters or jump pack from orbit or anything. I’d strongly prefer to remove teleport from them, Kasrkin have 3 good transport options and teleport as well is unnecessary and potentially abusive and annoying for opponents.

Justifications

Fluff: Kasrkin/ Stormtroopers can Gravchute.

Flavour: We want Kasrkin to be the feature of the list, without them being just a cheap, popcorn core choice. This list does this by giving them all sorts of interesting options and providing as many opportunities for them to be included and actually fill a useful role.

Balance: To make Cadia a wholly different list to other Guard lists, and not unbalanced we have to do away with some favourite staple choices, you’ll see reading back that this has been tough (175pt core Kasrkin formation, Shadowsword Platoon*). The list isn’t as fast as Steel Legion, and may not have as much TK*, it doesn’t have many units with “scout” etc. If we’re going to take away something has to be given back in return, a teleport option fills this requirement in a different and interesting way.

Rule of cool and abstraction: Going back to comments on the Armoured Sentinels, the have “armoured” in their name and more armour on the model, it’d be odd not to represent this at all. Whilst 5+ armour is generous compared to the fleetingly current 40k rules it is appropriate and not game breaking for EA. It’s similar for Kasrkin, they’re elite and that needs to be represented. If we limited ourselves to trying to proportionately represent 40k stats all EA Guard armies and stats would move much closer together and all become more similar; the EA system can’t represent the nuances 40k can, attributes need to be exaggerated.

If test games show “teleport” on Kasrkin to be a problem it’ll be removed, but so far it’s not (Whiteshields already impact on the army’s ability to activate, adding BMs to formations as they teleport quickly tips things in to ridiculousness).

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:25 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I’m totally onboard with changing the Marauder Colossus BTW!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Im in! I want to see the marauder variants used in more guard list! When I was first thinking of it here is what popped into my head as an idea, its variation on the deathstrike.

bomber 4+ - - MOAB 15 cm MW2+(TKD6) reinforced armor

I know with the past model it had 4 hard points along with the colossus bomb(which i just called a MOAB).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:35 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

kingzog wrote:
Im in! I want to see the marauder variants used in more guard list! When I was first thinking of it here is what popped into my head as an idea, its variation on the deathstrike.

bomber 4+ - - MOAB 15 cm MW2+(TKD6) reinforced armor

I know with the past model it had 4 hard points along with the colossus bomb(which i just called a MOAB).

TBH I was kind of waiting for permission from the community, but I thought they liked it (due to the bigger model and 40k rules etc).

The MOAB will hit hard if it hits, but I don’t think an unguided bomb dropped from altitude will hit on a 2+. How about a squadron of two, so two shots on a 5+, D6 damage (ignore shields), or D6+1. So it’d be an activation, and still be able to harass stuff, but the MOAB is a gamble weapon. Or a squadron of one with MOAB hitting on a 4+?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:47 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm fine with either, I just wanna delete people with a big bomb. If that doesn't scream guard I don't know what does. Before changing it you should wait for the community, a plane like this could be problematic given the payload its supposed to be carrying. I also wanted to note that GW gave it some more weapons options in AI, might wanna take a look at those for inspiration.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6