Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

Paramar Air Cav Drop Regiment Army list.

Post subject: Paramar Air Cav Drop Regiment Army list.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:37 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have an idea I wanted to develop the ELysian drop list into. I am now not sure if it wil ever develop into that vision. It might get close, but not all the way there.

As a reult of the game I had on Saturday at the Company of Dice I found out that the Elysian army needs planetfall, not self planetfall. This stops the army being dropped piecemeal. It also allows your commanders to do combined assaults, and you might have some formations that will survive the drop without being killed off. It also gives the army a better chance against a Gargant and 2 sup stompas armed with Soopa Guns 6BP MW at range 60cm realy hurts, even when you run into cover, and they have the flakka dakka to deal with my AC.

I know the sentinel fomations needed to be increased to 6, plus a cost increase to account . The list needed more artillery hence the Artillery spotter character, and then the list also needed an attached AA unit for the core formations thus I allowed a sabre t be added. I modified the rocket sentinels to be support sentinels, which have a nice range 45cm attack to provide the list some support fire for the assaults.

I chose the name of the army because the planet Paramar is not currently used for a named regiment, and because of its proximity to Elysia, Harkon, Vanenheim and Minerva. All of which use a form of Air cav or air drop assault armys.

This list is now finialized with points balanced, formation sizes where I need them, and support and allies set to make the army avoid popcorn lists, and provide some defiencies the 3,x Elysian list lacked.

I have recently stepped down from the Elysian v.4 development. I think the way they ended there was the best incarnation the army could have gotten and stayed to theme, while being a competitive tournament army.

I haae transferred what I did there and renamed everything Elysian to Paramar. Which is legal as far as I am concerned - since I had developed it to that stage, and this is a fan made list after all. The new version 1.03 is this lists final form. I will lock this topic after that so this topic will not be sullied with any degrading comments from others. Good luck to the Version 5.x Eleysian developer.

Attachments:
Paramar Drop Troop Regiment Army List V1.03.pdf [294.92 KiB]
Downloaded 160 times
Paramar Drop Army Unit Statistic ver 1.03.pdf [262.37 KiB]
Downloaded 159 times

Last edited by Deb on Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Paramar Air Cav Drop Regiment Army list.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I am happy with this list. I do not think I will change it. It has the right mix of force drop in through planetfall, and it also has enough ground forces with the fast moving vultures and valkyries to keep the enemy busy or steal objectives before and after I dropp the massed infantry companies and their suppoert squadrons.

The inbuilt - addon spotter character seems to work well. Shoot at the enemy if they ar in range with your plasma guns, or shoot the outside of 30cm with the spotter with called in artillery/mortar fire.

the anti-air is still to be tested, and it also slows down the infantry company to 10cm move, but if oyu set things up right, hide in cover where needed, and mass assault the enemy, you can overwhelm then foe in engagements, then duck into cover, and have oyur own inbuilt sabre platform to ward off enemy A/C.

The vehicles like sentinels, Taurus/taurus Venator, vultures, valkyries, etc will all be easy meat for the grinder, as they for the most part can not get into cover. If I co-ordinate things well, I could even take out a large titan or gargant, and gt BTS. I could also fail dismally, not arrive on the turn I want to arrive, have the rest of my forces blown to crap, and then end up losing the game.

I think the mechanics of the list work well together. Get enough drop sentinels in there with the rest of the force, and you hopefully can kill of even War Engines with the 15cm MW multi-meltas. Providing oyu can get everything you need in there, and providing the enemy as in some games in the past has not rolled most of their saves, not really needing a re-roll.

I want to have this list as the test list, and have as many gaming play test it for development against current approved lists.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have had feedback from a couple sources on facebook about the list, one person in particular is worried that the core formations are too expensive with the guard in other list costing between 18 and 20 points, while this list has them priced at 28 points each. Even allowing for the drop rule, that is expensive. and they have shorter ranged weapons to account for thier ability to get close quickly.

I have tried working out 2 orther variants of the list based mainly on points. one has the core units still expensive, however the upgrades have been massively reduced in price to 10 - 25 points each. The other has the core formations reduced in price and the cost of upgrades at about 20 - 25 points a unit. Both lists have the grey ghost increased to 8 units for 300 points rather than 6. I found that artillery, and MW artillery have a devastating effect on them, and even in close combat against basic marines or orks, they performed either lack lustre or average depending if they rolled well or not.

The only real difference is that - the list with reduced prices for core formations did not result in a popcorn army for 3000 points. Only a maximum of 14 - 15 smaller formations, or 13 medium sized formations. The list where only the upgrades were reduced in price, resulted in no more than 13 formations of about medium size.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

My Paramar Drop/Air Cav Regiment Army List is now finalized.

It is now set for testing at the 1.02 list stage. I believe the deployment method, price of the formations (especially the core formations) and size of the support formations is now set well. The list should not get to the stage of becoming a popcorn list, as the core formations are still a little uppriced, but the upgrades are now cheaper. It means you can increase the size of core formations, but if you go with just the 8 units, you still will not get 16 or more formations in a 3000 point army, and still have a viable army with support aircraft, support formations, etc.

The army (3000 points) on average will have between 13 and 15 formations, depending upon what you select, how many of your core formation upgrdes you take - I have built some of the drop companies as dedicated engagement groups, while others are dedicated objective holding/support groups. 2 have been given just valkyries as upgrades, and the mortar companies have been given support units and ground based AA. I have added sky talons to some sentinels and taurus squadrons, added Vulture squadrons, and a mixed array of allied formations/aircraft/spaceship in my 10,000 collection that I can build a 3000 point force from.

This way, I can make the list as a assault army, while I could make the list a mixed role.

I have added the latest version of this army to the front of this topic. Whether this list advances beyond a fan list, is to be seen. The Elysian drop list 4.-2.1 is the list this one was based on. I am cutting development on this one here. The Elysian list may advance with development a bit more, or be accepted for testing to be a legal tournament list. This list will hopefully become a balanced list that gamers will enjoy, and use in their tournaments.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The list is up on BAttlescribe, however the points cost for the Storm Troopers is wrong (should be 200 points), the core formationspoints cost is also wrong (should be 225 points), and the regimenttal command Coy points are wrong (should be 250 points). The program also has a few bugs in it at moment which I have also reported to battlescribe to have fixed along with the points costs.

Commissars are coming up as an error, but you get 1 free for every full 500 points, the same with the mortat company which is allowed 1 for every 3000 points. This comes up as an error when oyu have 3000 points and over. The support sentinel squadron are limited to 1 per 1000 points, but the same error "max (0)" comes up. Hpefully these errors and the points cost will be rectified soon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:26 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have changed the test list to try some other options, and have removed a lot of the smaller - cheaper support formations in order to bulk up the core drop fomations. I have also taken the line breaker platoon to provide more support in the rear echelon. There are still 5 Core Companies but the BTS which has 15 units is no longer the Suprme commander.

Let me know if you can see any problems with the list.

3000 point Elysian drop list – test list 2.
Core Formations – 1350 points
325 points – Regimental Command Company – Supreme Commander, 7 drop troopers, Hardened Veterans, Sabre, Spotter, Commissar, Fire Support troops
350 points – Drop Company – Commander, 11 Drop Troopers, 2 Hardened Veteran units, Spotter, Sabre, Commissar
225 points – Drop Company – Commander, 7 Drop Troopers, Spotter, Commissar
225 points – Drop Company – Commander, 7 Drop Troopers, Spotter, Commissar
225 points – Mortar Company – Commander, 3 Drop Troopers, 4 Mortar Sections, Sabre, Commissar
Support Formations – 900 points
300 points – Grey Ghost Company – 8 Grey Ghost units
300 points – Storm Trooper Company – Commander, 7 Storm trooper units, Commissar
300 points – Vulture Squadron – 4 Vulture Gunships
Allies and Ships – 750 points
150 points – Lightning Strike Squadron – 2 Lightning Strike Fighters
150 points – Lightning Squadron – 2 Lightning Fighters
150 points – Space Ship – 1 Luna Class Cruiser
300 points – Iron Breaker Platoon – 6 allied Guard units, 3 Leman Russ Conqueror Tanks, 3 Chimera

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]