Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

State of the Guard?

Post subject: Re: State of the Guard?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:12 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Elysian list is now beigng developed into version 4.X - currently at 4.2, and is awaiting testing from members and clubs alike. I want to propose it for acceptance once it has had a number of battle reports made on it.

In a parallel development I have been designing a fan list which I was using as a test bed for the Elysians. I have just finished the final version of my Paramar air cav/drop regiment army list. I have been developing it for many months, and changed may thing like deployment method, modified some units such as hardened veterans, added some like Grey Ghosts after quite a bit of testing balanced the points values of the army to avoid a popcorn list. The list is now available in its final form.

As to the Elysians, it is up for testing awaiting feedback, and battle reports, and from this hopefully approval to make it a legal NetEA list.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Can you succinctly explain the thematic difference between the two lists? I am not certain about the difference

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:10 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This reply was not succinct, so it was ommitted and the follow up reply left to explain.

Last edited by Deb on Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh Succintly explain, okay

Paramar is the test bed, now complete where I want the list to be set at. If the Elysian list changes, it is the army I will use for my local games.

Elysian are still in flux, too many people are unsatisfied with many of the changes, and want certain things changed. Hopefully there will not be many. Things that people want changed/omited/rebalanced, etc are: Sabre, Spotters, unit and formation prices and a few other things.

Both planets are near each other so influences from being so close will pass from one to the other. The main difference is that the Paramar armies are not totally dedicated to just drop regiments. 1 in 3 are drop regiments while the other 2/3s are regular line regiments with a mix of armour, super heavies, artillery mechanised and foot infantry comapnies, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Not really asking about what you're doing with the two lists or the fluff, mate. I'm trying to figure out the actual lists without spending undo time trying to compare since I'm living in a proto fascist nightmare atm and busy with a lot of other things, ;) I'll just mosey along. [thumbs up]

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Paramar is what I want a drop list to be.

The current Elysian list is still in flux and will finally end up as a compromise between my ideal and what other also want.

This list will change, and may have some units removed or adjusted units like the sabre, the spotter, the Grey Ghosts, and some may have their points costs changed. I want this list to become a well balanced list everyone will want to use, even for tournaments. A list where it will not be classified as either popcorn, or over powered, and also have some inbuilt weaknesses, that its general will need to use thier tactics and skill to perform well. or atleast not very badly - even on days when the dice gods are against you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:00 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

jimmyzimms wrote:
I'm living in a proto fascist nightmare atm and busy with a lot of other things, ;) I'll just mosey along. [thumbs up]

Yeah, its getting harder and harder to justify the proto there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7