Login |  Register |  FAQ

Epic UK Blood Angels

Post subject: Epic UK Blood Angels
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:57 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

The Epic UK Blood Angels and White Scar lists are looking a bit lacklustre compared to their all together more interesting Dark Angel cousins, I’ve a couple of suggestions to further refine the EUK Blood Angels list to keep it in the running!

1) Change the Death Company upgrade to just a regular Furiso Dreadnought but add a note that all the upgrades and transport for this formation automatically receive fearless and invulnerable. This would effectively make the Death Company Dreadnought 25pts cheaper and make the Rhinos a more appealing option.

2) The six stand strong Assault formation is characterful but actually a disadvantage for the list due to the difficulty optimising a Thunderhawk and Landing Craft load. It might be even more characterful and not a hinderance to have a 2 Assault Marine upgrade for 50pts as an option for a 4 strong Assault Formation, Tacticals, Bikes, and Baal Predators.

Both these suggestions make a couple of upgrades quite cheap but they’d make potentially quite expensive formations which would limit activations.

Personally I’d be happy to see Titan support removed from the list in favour of more characterful and powerful Blood Angel specific options, ie stating that Death Company will never count as BTS (these guys are literally trying to get killed after all!), the return of Devastators, Infernus Baal Predators.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Epic UK Blood Angels
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:14 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

the NetEA version has pretty much all of that stuff, I like the death company not being BTS, nice touch

Maybe with some strategic arm-twisting maybe EUK would consider adopting some of the NetEA list changes or maybe (heresy) adopting the list wholesale?

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:27 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

kyussinchains wrote:
the NetEA version has pretty much all of that stuff, I like the death company not being BTS, nice touch

Maybe with some strategic arm-twisting maybe EUK would consider adopting some of the NetEA list changes or maybe (heresy) adopting the list wholesale?

Yes! The more parity between EUK and NetEA the better, I’m hoping to see the Imperial fist NetEA list adopted by EUK and a proposal has been with EUK and members of the ERC regarding Steel Legion for over a year.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

*inaudible* white scars *inaudible*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

whitescars are so bad compared to codex its a joke. No reason not to make epic uk same as netEA but the result is pants parity. better just to delete the list altogether