Login |  Register |  FAQ

Space Marine Grav Tank

Post subject: Re: Space Marine Grav Tank
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Pretty sure it was Rick Priestley that said 40k was originally supposed to be more tongue in cheek, and that modern GW had got too serious. Well, now we have a flying Land Raider. Seems pretty funny to me. I like it. Perhaps GW are rediscovering some of the humour they've been missing. :P

Online solutions:
http://cloudlevel.me

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It looks like a predator and a land raider had their way with a grab tank.

For me this is more of the blurring of the lines between forces. It will soon make no difference what force you pick, the stats and available forces will be the same. It will only be the look of forces that will be different.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I don't like that tank. Grav should be left to the xenos. It's too busy. Space Marine deserve nice, sturdy tracked vehicles, not this flying sorcery (and yes, I know that there are a few grav vehicles available for space marines...).

BUT....GW has been hitting it out of the ballpark with everything else about 8th edition. I am fully back into 40k now (or will be as soon as my pre-ordered starter set gets in-store). The Primaris stuff is excellent, and the fluff is outstanding as usual. From what I've seen of the rules, it's going to be great (my only grip is that it's not AoS enough).

Good times to be in this hobby.

Tau Empire, Mymeara Eldar, Tallarn Desert Raiders

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:59 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

elsmore01 wrote:
Pretty sure it was Rick Priestley that said 40k was originally supposed to be more tongue in cheek, and that modern GW had got too serious. Well, now we have a flying Land Raider. Seems pretty funny to me. I like it. Perhaps GW are rediscovering some of the humour they've been missing. :P

That would be excellent!!! But I fear it is a phenomenon with greater gravity. The last decade or two of pop culture seems to be all about remakes and extrapolation of old content but with added CGI (in films) and complete removal of all traces of humour.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Time to move this into General Discussion methinks. CS would you mind doing the honors?

As to the tanks, it feels, like many of the recent GW releases, a lower quality design attempt of better stuff done at FW and the artists. Example : the GW AdMech robots vs the FW Mechanicum stuff. Here we see a meh level of work that's trying to evoke the BL Horus Heresy artbooks and the flying grav tanks. Not quite schlock but not great either (pretty much sums up GW)

The forth coming 8th edition seems to be getting a fairly positive response from those that play so far so good for them. They're getting something they like to play enhanced.

Fluff quality vs fluff writing is subjective but the storylines moving forward don't give me heartache and they're, in broad strokes, fine enough science fantasy stories. The actual writing is atrocious but frankly anything not under our recently deceased FW development manager's purview has been utter crap. I mean just compare Fall of Cadia to Inferno.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!