Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

NetEA Sautekh Legion (Newcrons) 1.1 [Developmental]

Post subject: Re: NetEA Sautekh Legion (Newcrons) 1.1 [Developmental]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:28 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Necron aircraft are coming to Aeronautica, so we have no excuse not to get this list finished off with lots of new playtesters.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey look GW is making some flyers for the list :)

It's got me and some other local Epic players chatting and wanting a modern Necron list. In terms of getting a list approved I could potentially get 6 games done. We have a large group of active local players, many of whom are veteran Epic tournament players.

For getting 6 playtest games in are games vs Epic UK army lists acceptable to count for getting it approved? I forget. The two sets of lists are very balanced compared to each other and often 90-95% similar with just minor changes so the overall. I'd probably avoid playing against Tyranids or Titan Legion as these lists are exceptions that vary a lot between the two sets of lists. My opponents are familiar with the UK lists and it'd be a pain expecting them to use unfamiliar lists for playtesting.

Also the portal on a plane gets applied to a particular plane in the formation when they activate. What happens if the portal is deployed but then later in the turn an enemy fighter formation intercepts and destroys that particular plane before the portal gets used? I'm assuming the portal is lost but the text should specify.

The existing core Necron list (Net-EA or Epic UK) is my least favourite Epic list by a long way with it's one-dimensional portal tactics and limited range of units and playstyles so I would like to see this more modern take approved.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

In the core Necron list the Leader ability allows an extra Necron unit to be returned instead of a BM when the formation regroups as a Marshal action only but it states it has no effect when the formation rallies in the end phase.

The way your FAQ in the Suatekh list is written currently suggests leader can be used to resurrect a Necron either time. Is this intentional or a mistake? Hopefully it’s a mistake and the same rules as the core list are used as the Ghost Ark stands out as too good from looking over the list.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:13 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Yeah, thats a mistake. There are a few I need to correct. Will get an updated list with error corections posted by the weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

so any chance getting the new list up? i also found the Armygenerator to not match in some places (doomscythe points e.g.)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Currently building some crons, I can try to get some tests in. Can someone point me to a format for posting games as playtesting?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

https://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd ... m.php?f=84

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Necrons are 95% built, my regular opponent and I have gotten two games in to iron out any rules misunderstandings.

We have one question: How do people normally utilize the ghost ark phalanx? We've so far really found it to underpreform, compared to an infantry phalanx coming through a portal. Do you really need to beef it up with upgrades or something? It is slow for mechanized infantry, and the ghost arks die pretty quick to even mild AT fire, which grinds the formation to a halt.

You can take that 75 pts and just stick an extra monolith somewhere and then spit infantry out of it. Once we do up a batrep maybe someone will point out that we are really playing them poorly.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:13 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

We've yet to try the list in battle but have chatted about it locally and are concerned the Ghost Ark formation looks potentially overpowered. They're good in that they can resurrect lots of dead Necrons in one go in a Marshal activation - the Ghost Arks and Necron Lord all have leader so you get +4 extra to remove blast markers or resurrect dead Necrons. They have a slightly better save than the Necron Warriors too so can do the usual epic trick in that situation of positioning to be the closest target in an assault to have a slightly better chance at surviving and winning. Also they're skimmers so sometimes if you expect them to be assaulted by a slow close combat preferring enemy occasionally you can position the ghost arks to be in the way and the only targets the assaulters can reach.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Everything you said there was also what we thought would happen. As soon as AT fire drops the Arks the unit is just dead in the water, easy to avoid. It seems to be the obvious counter to what looks to be a very resilient and powerful formation.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well sure, but the same is true if a load of AT fire kills all a SM Tactical formation's Rhinos early game when they're far away and then too slow to do much. The Necron formation costs the same but their transports are twice as tough against regular attacks as the SM Rhinos are as the Necron ones have 5+ Reinforced.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

i use the Ghostarks a lot, but with 2-3 additional Doomsdayarcs thrown in... that usually does the trick for me in terms of staying power.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Are there any plans to add the new units like the skorpeks and doomstalkers?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:31 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Targhost wrote:
Are there any plans to add the new units like the skorpeks and doomstalkers?

No unfortunately, not in this list.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

GlynG wrote:
Well sure, but the same is true if a load of AT fire kills all a SM Tactical formation's Rhinos early game when they're far away and then too slow to do much. The Necron formation costs the same but their transports are twice as tough against regular attacks as the SM Rhinos are as the Necron ones have 5+ Reinforced.

I definitely agree with this, though I think it is especially noticeable as crons don't march and have an alternative transport option that feels more appealing. Next month I should get some games going again and will test and continue to develop my opinion on this matter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next