Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

my Paramar air cav drop regiment project

Post subject: Re: my Paramar air cav drop regiment project
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Wow - a very impressive project in both scale and execution!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Not muvh more to get to finish this 10000 point army

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:53 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

These metal Valkyries are original 3rd edition ones? Also could you take a pic for size comparison of new AI Valk with other models?

Flickr|Flickr#2|Brickshefl
"There ain't no thing as enuff dakka! Enuff's more than you got, an' less than too much, an' there's no such thing as too much dakka!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Those 3rd ed ones were hard to get a hold off. I had to pay a packet for them from ebay, after I had thought Vanguard had stop making thier proxies, I was desperate to get hold of some for this army. Thankfully Vanguard have made another run of their Valkyrie/Sky Talon/Vulture proxies, and I am nearly finished with collecting for this army.

I want to get the aircraft and skimmers undercoated, and then dry brushed first. And I may as well get the rest of the new miniatures - Taurus/Venators/Sentinels, and the infantry painted/ undercoated first.
They are definately smaller than the aeronautica ones.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:07 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Okay, I finally got some time to get to the gaming store and buy some flat brown undecoat, and undercoat my not yet undercoated valkyries, Taurus, Sentinels and infantry stands.

Below are a series of photos of the old Valkyrie, the new aeronautica, and vanguards proxy for the Valkyrie.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

finished a vulture squadron and a luna class cruiser

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I like the camo scheme on the VTOL's.

Link, http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:07 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Rather than use some lame objectives I had used for my Ministorum list as emergency objectives just before a tournament, I decided to make some which were themed towards my drop regiment.

The objectives use some of the ammo crates from the Novan Shielder AA artillery, some of the Novan Airborne ground crew, and strips of resin from the mold that were suitable for small transportable shipping containers and glued some plasticard on to represent doors.

I plan to base the lot with the same mud and grass scheme and have the crew unloading the ammo into a stack as can be seen in the photos. I plan to use the one with the officer for the Blitz.

They should look good when they are done.

Last edited by Deb on Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:09 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Paintd and based a few more things today.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Wow ! That really does look the business. I love the objectives and the camo scheme...

Great stuff.

Phil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:10 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

3 more formatoins for the long weekend painting spree.

Storm Trooper Company (Red Berets), Drop Support Sentinel Squadron, second Drop Setinel Squadron.

That makes another 500 points for the 3000 point test list army I am painting.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Very thematic.

Incidentally your lighting setup is much better than before; We're better able to make out your painting! One suggestion is to check out your camera settings and see if you have some type of macro setting. It will help to keep more of the models in focus. Almost all digital cameras, including cellphones, have this ability at this point.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks Jimmy

I use a Nikkon L830 with a wide 34 x zoom, 16.0 mega pixel with the macro setting is set to on, flash is set to auto.

I have been using MS Words picture editing software to cut, convert to document, resize, and auto adjust the lighting picture. It helps that it is Summer and I get more light when I take the photos.

I have dry brushed 3 more drop companies and a mortar company and mud based one of them. I have also tried to green stuff a company of grey ghost using a proxy for scout marines which have been dry brushed and mud based. I think they need more green stuff o even a small amount of paper machete to make their ghillie suits look more realistic, then I will camo paint them use some flocking t enhance the effect and then base them.

I got some more minis in yesterday, and can now add another 2x 2nd hand GW lightnings, 4x 2nd hand GW vultures, 1 Marauder proxy, a Marauder Destroyer proxy, a heap of decent proxies that I can use as Vostroyan First Born imperial guard for my Iron Breaker Aliied squadron, and some other minis for my Necron Army and some Legion scout proxies for my 30K Alpha Legion army I want to build.

All in all a good haul. I need just 2 more formations to complete this massive regiment for my drop regiment. I am glad the companies only have 40 troops (8 stands) rather than a traditional company of between 100 and 160 troopers. That would need between 2000 and 3000 troopers to represent a full regiment rather than the 640 troopers plus support sentinels, venators, and other support vehicles.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I painted both the lightning and lightning strike squadron and the grey ghosts today. It also took a while for me to get the green stuff working to make the ghillie suits look well.

Just 3 drop companies and the mortar company to paint, and the test 3000 points is painted. The I have the Venators, the Iron Breaker Squadron, and the some sky talons and valkyries.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Completed Mortar Company last weekend. I hope to paint up another company this weekend.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next