Login |  Register |  FAQ

Painting 6mm

Post subject: Re: Painting 6mm
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:10 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks everybody. I think the rosemary and Co brushes are the same one baccus sell? I might try them or I found a artmaster set that got good reviews on amazon and it's only 10 quid.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:54 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I used the Rosemary and Co series 401 brushes too, really liked them until they started hooking thanks to the synthetic fibres, it's possible to reshape them by quickly dipping them in a cup of boiling water, but this got a little tedious, I switched to the series 33 kolinsky sable brushes and I love them, they're every bit as good as the W&NS7 I tried out

also the importance of brush soap cannot be overstated! I use the Masters brush cleaner and preserver, it's really good stuff

on GW brushes, I have several from the past generation (coloured caps on the handle) and I think their issue is a lack of good quality control, some of those brushes were truly awful, but I have a couple of gems that I still use, they get battered around overbrushing and applying washes and sometimes textured paint but they have soldiered on and been pretty good, and it's rare I find much to compliment about GW ;) also their last range of drybrushes has yet to be remotely equalled on the market, I pick them up whenever I have the chance!

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes defo with you on the Granny dry brushes kyusschains, The new ones have that angled cut on the brushes, I love using them as a base brush, best i have found to be honest, makes painting 6mm super quick with good paint coverage yet removing any excess at the same time if you know what i mean ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:37 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I meant the previous versions with the blue caps on the handle.... I can't get on with the chisel tipped brushes for drybrushing, I do a lot of drybrush blending and need a more bullet tipped brush to cover flat panels, the chisel type seem exclusively intended for edge highlighting and the like and less for doing blending work....

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator