Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

War Without End-Epic Armageddon campaign and Mega-Battle.

Post subject: Re: War Without End - an Epic Armageddon campaign.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This is outstanding Onyx....again

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:43 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

looks fantastic!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:49 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

2x 2500pt games today which resulted in wins to Chaos and Eldar.

After all these weeks I finally discovered the Daemon section of the Red Corsairs list... it was most helpful ;D

Always land the Thunderhawk 6cm from the target... D'oh!

All that was left on turn 3 (and it was broken)

2nd game saw Eldar against Red Corsairs.
The entire Chaos army started off the board.

Unfortunately for the teleporting Terminators, the Eldar won the strategy roll. The Chaos forces could still have fought their way out but in the Engagement, they only scored 3 hits from 12x 3+ Macro Weapon attacks... :'(

The Khorne Berzerkers were pretty much all that was left at the end of the game.

Victorious Eldar!

That leaves the 2 Titan Legions and the Red Corsairs in the lead, the Eldar 1 win behind followed by the Guard and the Marines.

There should be at least one other player joining in during the last 5 weeks playing Orks... Waaagh!

NetEA Rules Chair
NetEA FAQ

Want to play Iron Warriors in Epic Armageddon? Click HERE
Some of my Armies.
My Hobby site.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:

Warhounds counter-charge 10cm.

Interested to hear thoughts about how the Titan Legions are performing in the campaign.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:37 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Evil and Chaos wrote:
Quote:

Warhounds counter-charge 10cm.
Of course, double D'oh!

Quote:
Interested to hear thoughts about how the Titan Legions are performing in the campaign.
Very well.
Both players have developed different styles which is great to see.
I'll see if I can encourage them to post some of their thoughts/experiences.

NetEA Rules Chair
NetEA FAQ

Some of my Armies.
My Hobby site.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Wow again very nice Batreppics

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Inspiring, as always :)

More of a current misconception which seems to be that every army in Rogue Trader consisted of 2 squats with toughness 15 force fields and homing autodestructive 50" blast vortex missiles on jetboards...

My (rarely) updated hobby blog

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:42 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

One more campaign game today (there was another Warhammer tournament on the same day).
Jason's Marines finally got the better of Ecky's Titans.

With the completeion of this game, all 4 planets are now completely claimed. We are at the challenge phase so from now on, any victory is worth 1 territory to the winner to be taken from the losers territories.

JJ and I also managed to test the fortress assault scenario. JJ titans (3000pts - 2 Reavers, 3 Warhounds, Knights and T/bolts) attacked the fortress defended by 1500pts worth of Red Corsair Chaos Marines (2x terminator retinues + Daemons and 2x Chaos Marine retinues with Hunters).
The titans quickly took care of the defenders AA and then set about blasting huge holes in the fortress walls. We learnt a fair bit about how the defenders should set up from this.
The Chaos defenders had one chance at the beginning of the 2nd turn to turn the tide of the attack. 2 retinues of Chaos Terminators teleported in front of the 2 reaver titans. After summoning a Greater Daemon, the 1st retinue of Terminators attacked a Warhound and Reaver in an intermingled assault. All was going ok for the chaos forces until a string of failed Reinforced Armour saves gutted the terminators and they were defeated.
Retaining the initiative, the 2nd terminator retinue summoned 5 more stands of lesser daemons and charged the lone Reaver on the other side of the board. Again, a string of failed reinforced armour saves saw the Terminators thrashed.

There really was nothing left to slow the titans now and they continued blasting entire sections of wall into rubble.
The Warhounds dashed through these gaping holes and attacked the Chaos Marines inside the fortress.
As the Chaos Warlords retinue was broken, the fortess was lost and the titans were victorious.

Very interesting game. A bit more luck and the defenders could have made this a much more competetive game. We agreed that the game would possibly work better at 4000pts for attackers and 2000pts for defenders. We'll test this next time.

Cheers,
Steve.

NetEA Rules Chair
NetEA FAQ

Some of my Armies.
My Hobby site.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:42 pm 
Hey, what are the round things? Frustra from a 1980s era Cylon Basestar plastic kit? Like this one http://www.hobbymasters.com/revell30tha ... elkit.aspx ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:31 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Rastamann, thanks mate.
The gate section is a ForgeWorld Underground Building Entrance.
Unfortunately, the walls are now out of production.
Ther outer walls were made using a 40K Gun Line set from ForgeWorld. I used Hirst Arts moulds to build up behind the walls to make it usable for Epic.

Todd... you make me laugh, a lot! Thanks mate ;D

NetEA Rules Chair
NetEA FAQ

Some of my Armies.
My Hobby site.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:37 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Chaos and Eldar face each other again.

The Chaos forces teleport in half their Terminators and manage to get the jump on the Eldar Rangers, Falcons and Cobras.

As the next 2 turns unfold, the Chaos army slowly surrounds the Eldar.
On turn 3, the Red Corsairs have a chance to win quickly but their shooting is off target and the game goes to a 4th turn.

The Chaos Marines make sure to place blast markers on all the Eldar formations and this pays off as the Eldar fail 4 activations on the final turn :o .

A win to the Red Corsairs.

To say that dice played a pivotal role in this game is an understatement. Georg (Eldar) had rotten luck at several key points in the game and that played a part in shaping the result. Still a great game that ebbed back and forth as we played.

The Red Corsairs take the lead in the campaign, closely followed by the 2 Titan Legions and the Eldar.

NetEA Rules Chair
NetEA FAQ

Some of my Armies.
My Hobby site.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:28 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

There were no games played last week as I was at a wedding.

This weekend, the 2nd last Sunday of the campaign saw the Titans of Ecky (Chris) face Chaos again.

It started well for Chris as my first retinue of Chaos Terminators teleported in to attack a pair of Warhounds.
With the support of a nearby Reaver, the Terminators were destroyed whilst only doing only 1 point of damage to a Warhound... not good.

The ledger was balanced soon after as Chris' Marauders dived towards my army, only to both be shot down (2 hits, 2 failed 4+ armour saves = 2 dead planes) before they could do any damage to me.

The 2nd turn was the real defining point in the game. 2 more squads of Terminators teleported in to attack the BTS Reaver (ecky's most expensive unit). Chaos won the strategy roll and the 8 stands of Terminators mashed the poor Reaver. Chaos retained and sent the Warlord titan to engage the pair of Warhounds that had beaten the Terminators in the 1st turn.

This battle was a quite different and the Warhounds were destroyed (with a little support from some nearby Terminators).

The Imperial Titans set about trying to recover but a failed activation just compounded their problems.

In the 3rd turn, the Chaos Warlord assaulted and destroyed the remaining Reaver.
One of Chris' Warhounds fought off an assault from a depleted Chaos Bike formation with support from Chosen Scouts Marine (not expected at all).

That took the game into a 4th turn where the Chaos Warlord engaged and destroyed a Warhound. The last surving Warhound was broken in an assault and the game was won by Chaos 2:0 (They Shall Not Pass & Break Their Spirit).

Going in to the final week of the campaign, the Red Corsairs are in the lead.
I've got a game lined up for next Sunday afternoon against Mark_Logue (hopefully he'll have time for another game aswell) and he plans to use the latest World Eaters list.
So far we've had 20 games of Epic in 12 weeks, using 5 different army lists and ranging from 2000pts up to 3000pts.
LOTS of fun!

It's also just 2 weeks until the Epic Mega-Battle.

And of course the following week (10th Oct) is There is Only War, the Epic Touney.

Cheers for now,
Steve.

NetEA Rules Chair
NetEA FAQ

Some of my Armies.
My Hobby site.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:02 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Well the campaign has finally come to an end.
There were 3 more battles on the final day. That means we played 23 games over 13 weeks, ranging from 2000pts up to 3000pts.

We used 5 different army lists:
AMTL (Titan Legion)
Space Marines (Codex Astartes)
Steel Legion (Imperial Guard)
Biel-Tan (Eldar)
Red Corsairs (Chaos Marines)

As all good campaigns should do, it came down to the final day.
Chaos Titans vs Red Corsairs and Eldar vs Guard.

Drew and Georg played a hard fought game as Drew's Guard weathered the storm of the Eldar. The Guard ground out a victory.

Olly (Chaos Titans) and I played a great game. If I won then I would win the campaign...
Olly played his Titans brilliantly and took my Terminators apart, leaving me with very few aces to play.
Olly won the game 2:0 (T&H and Blitzkrieg).

That put us both even on points as Ecky challenged Olly to a game that would decide the eventual winner.
Titans versus Titans in a clash of the God Machines!
Ecky's Reavers and Warhound swarm held on to win the game.

That actually put Olly and Ecky on 8 territories each and left me clear on 9 territories... I won :oops: !

And the final score board:

I want to thank Jason, Olly, Chris, Georg and Drew for playing my beloved Epic for 13 weeks!
I'd also like to thank Cam and Adam of TGA for giving us support (and anything else we needed) during the last 3 months, MUCH appreciated guys!

Now we're not quite finished yet.
We have the mega-battle next Sunday (6 players already signed up for that - more welcome) and we have There is Only War on Sunday the 10th October (6 players already signed up for that - more welcome).

Cheers,
Steve.

NetEA Rules Chair
NetEA FAQ

Some of my Armies.
My Hobby site.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next