Login |  Register |  FAQ

epic tau minis

Post subject: epic tau minis
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 9:12 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

what are the crisis battlesuits (including commander) armed with? one looks like it has a missile pod and something else, one looks like it has a burst cannon and something else, another looks like it has 2 fusion blasters, and the last looks like it has 2 plasma rifles... i cant even tell what the commander has.

Oh, and also can anyone tell me what baracudas, tigersharks and mantas are armed with (and also a little info on them)? i dont know which epic magazine they are in, and my shop only buys a few copies of each issue and they dont have any of any issue left, so i cant find out for myself. (im writing an army list for the tau for epic armageddon)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 8:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi,

Firstly they are in the Epic mag 9 & 10.

Secondly crisis battlesuits have the following weapons

burst cannons, plasma rifles, fusion blasters; targeters and sheild generators (page 14 mag 9). When I bought mine there seemed to be a variety covering the above list. Unfortunately the weapons for the flyers I am not sure, I know that they have drones and I think they have ion cannons but the Codex Tau and the epic mag are a little vague. Maybe there are others that could correct me, unless I got it right  :)

Doug

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:40 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I don't know the exact number or stats but in my Codex Tau it says the Manta has heavy railguns with seeking drone shells and ion cannon batteries while the Barracuda has a drone-controlled burst cannon on each wing and a body mounted ion cannon on the nose of the fighter.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:13 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I just went to Forgeworld to check and I was right about the Barracuda, it also has seeker missiles in a drop down bay. The Tigershark has 2 nose ion cannons, and a drone-controlled burst cannon on each wing. From what I can see on the model the Manta has 12 ion cannons on the wings, 4 drone-controlled burst cannons on the nose and 2 heavy rail batteries of 3-4 on the forward edge of the wings next to the body of the Manta.