Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

AxelFendersson's new painting log

Post subject: Re: AxelFendersson's new painting log
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:22 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

That's a fair amount of work. The OSL looks good, my only suggestion would be to add a little to the power packs at the base of the gun.

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks. I think you're probably right about the power packs; I'll see if I can touch them up at the weekend when I next have time for some painting.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:23 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

productive! good to see the force growing

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 11:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thank you!

Sadly that productivity has dropped off somewhat now that I am no longer blessed by Papa Nurgle and so have to do tedious things like going to work. However, I have managed to get a little more done over the past few weeks, starting with these bunkers from the sadly now-defunct Wasteland Games Studio. I bought a pack of several of them years ago and painted three of them up for my Space Marine army to use as objective markers. Since I had plenty spare, I decided to do the same for this army.

(Click for larger image.)

I've also painted up another biker/Rough Rider Platoon:

And I've done two Sentinel Squadrons:

(Click for larger images.)

Finally I've done this Stormtrooper Platoon. I'm quite pleased with how they've turned out, particularly the eyes, which unfortunately aren't all that clearly visible in the photo. I was hesitant about whether to try and paint the eyes (actually goggles) as I suspected that if I didn't do a good enough job of it then they'd end up looking a complete mess, but in the end I gave it a go and they've come out just fine.

I remixed the Valkyries slightly so that they would have multilasers rather than lascannons, bringing them in line with their weapons in the rules. The Heavy Bolters that the rules say they have are not shown, but as they're supposed to be on pintle-mounts inside the doors, I don't have a problem with them not being visible when the doors are closed on the model.

Vultures next.

Last edited by AxelFendersson on Sun May 29, 2022 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:38 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Looking good. Those Storm Troopers are the STLs on thingiverse? The same guy has some Cadians as well?

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 10:49 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

you're a painting machine, army will be done in no time.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 12:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dave wrote:
Looking good. Those Storm Troopers are the STLs on thingiverse? The same guy has some Cadians as well?

Thanks. Yeah, that's right: Miffles_Makes on Thingiverse and Cults3D. I've also used his Arcadians for my regular infantry and his bikers for my Rough Riders, as well as using his Lucius-pattern Reaver as the starting point for my Ravager.

Apocolocyntosis wrote:
you're a painting machine, army will be done in no time.

Haha, it'll be fine as long as I don't run out of steam part way through! It helps that I'm only aiming for 8,000 points this time, rather than the 12-13k that most of my other forces have ended up at.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 11:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Just a small update this time, as my Vulture squadron is now finished:

This brings me up to 5,000 points painted, 5,500 if you include the extra SHTs that aren't in the list. That leaves me only 3,000 left to do before I reach my planned target.

So far this army has been sorely lacking in artillery. Time to fix that. Basilisk Company coming up next.

Last edited by AxelFendersson on Sun May 29, 2022 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 8:00 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Magnificent stuff - well done for pushing on with this army. I'm in something of a painting wilderness at the moment so it's great to see some inspiration.

I particularly love the canopies and basing (really brings the army together and looks excellent).

Just one thought. I wonder whether the Valkyries and Vultures could do with some kind of markings - either a squadron flash or, if you are feeling very adventurous, some form of nose art (eg. shark's teeth). Might look particularly good on the Vultures, given their fire support role.

A really impressive army and I'm looking forward to seeing more inspiration !

Phil

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 8:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice! Are these the old Forgeworld models? I'm missing those on the MiniWars DB.

Online solutions:
http://cloudlevel.me

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 10:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks, chaps.

I'm afraid they aren't the Forge World models, or you'd be very welcome to use them for Miniwars. But they're 3D prints. The only Forge World models I have in the army are super-heavy tanks.

glorfindel wrote:
Just one thought. I wonder whether the Valkyries and Vultures could do with some kind of markings - either a squadron flash or, if you are feeling very adventurous, some form of nose art (eg. shark's teeth). Might look particularly good on the Vultures, given their fire support role.

Hmm. It's a possibility. I'm going to concentrate on getting more formations painted for now but I might come back and add something like that later.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 12:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ah, now you mention it they do look too clean / uniform / in shape to be the old Forge World resin. ;)

Online solutions:
http://cloudlevel.me

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 2:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Haha, very true!

See my comments about FW's quality on the previous page.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 6:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sometimes you need to blow something up that's a long, long way away.

These are all metal models from Trolls Under the Bridge.

I've also slightly tweaked the OSL on the Stormblade and added lenses to the hatches of the Deathstrike launchers to match the Basilisks. I've updated the photos further up the thread.

Next up will probably be another big Mechanised Infantry Company.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well, it's been a little while since the last update, but I have not been idle in that time, it just took a little while to get some good photos of some of what I've done.

June started with another Mechanised Infantry Company, this time with added Griffons and Hellhounds. The vehicles are all from Trolls Under The Bridge, although I have again replaced the turrets on the Hellhounds with 3D prints.

I also added an extra Baneblade and Shadowsword, each with added Commissar. Unlike the other SHTs, these are entirely 3D printed.

Then finally I rounded off June's additions with another Artillery Company, this time comprised of Manticores.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next