Login |  Register |  FAQ

Word Bearers List

Post subject: Word Bearers List
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've been working on some ideas for a Word Bearers specific list thought I'd post some of them up here for people to look at and feedback on. Its been a little tricky as the Word Bearers are a lot more organised then the cult legions!

Dark Apostles - Currently thinking of using these as a direct replacement for the Chaos Champion, the augment summoning rule seems to perfectly fit the role of the apostles. Maybe adding inspiring as well (like marine chaplins) with a points increase, but I think that will make them too powerful.

Cultists - Adding a cultists entry (much like the Lost & Dammed coven) but with restricted options, for expample excluding all vehicles (to represent how the word bearers use cultists as little more then a meat shield).

Deamons - adding a perminant formation option for deamons to represent the dark apostles summoning large hordes of deamons before a battle. This formation would be something like, 1 Icon Bearer and 6-9 lesser deamons. Another idea was to have a random number (e.g. 2D6) of deamons, but I don't think it will be possible to make that work fairly with a points cost.

The tricky bits are how to limit the other options, and how to represent the Word Bearers willingness to fight on for thier beliefs. I did think about adding fearless to the marine formations, but that would be too good. Could maybe be compensated for by only having 6 units instead of 8?
Also, I've not figured out a way to represt them using unbalanced forces as the fluff sugests they quite often do. Maybe by making certain formations either/or choices.

Anyway, these are just some rough ideas I came up with over the last couple of days, let me know what you think.

Profile Send private message