Login |  Register |  FAQ

Kickstarter question.

Post subject: Kickstarter question.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So this is my first time actually backing a project on kickstarter. I am backing the all out war walking dead board game. This is taken from the email i have received, i'm hoping someone with experience using kickstarter can answer a couple questions.

To pledge for an add-on, click ‘Manage my pledge’ at the top of the Kickstarter page, and change the total pledge amount to the total value of everything you want. For example, if you have pledged for Something to Fear ($125) and would like a $40 add-on, you would enter $165 as your total pledge amount.

On the pledge manager you will be able to tell us which add-ons you want for the amount you’ve spent. You are also able to choose more add-ons in the pledge manager and we will charge you the difference via card or PayPal.

It says in the pledge manager i can tell them what add-ons i would like for the amount i have chosen to pledge. I don't see anywhere that i can choose or write in what the extras i would like to choose. Will these become available once the kickstarter has completed?

Thanks,
Blind-

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Kickstarter question.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:29 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Basically they send out a link to a website - the pledge manager after the campaign finishes.

It might be as complex as a mini shopping site or as simple as an online spreadsheet. You pledge how much you want to spend and tell them how you want to spend it later.

Specific pledges, so options you actually select on Kickstarter, are locked in but the rest you spend how you like. You can always spend more at the pledge manager stage but committing to spending the cash up front will unlock stretch goals and the like before the campaign ends. There's normally a good 2-3 months between the Kickstarter ending and you having to specify exactly what you want...

Profile Send private message