Login |  Register |  FAQ

Look at what I got

Post subject: Look at what I got
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Got this with a small epic lot i won on ebay. The seller didn't include it in the pic for the auction, and sent me some random stuff along with what I won.

Attachment:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417694629.932088.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417694629.932088.jpg [ 279.62 KiB | Viewed 4764 times ]

Really aren't sure what to do with it. As a hardcore fan of the early days of Epic, a metal Defense Laser for the Warlord Mk 0 is awesome, but I prefer to have uniform weapons for my titans, and this is the only Mk 0 weapon I have.

I swear if I had that Mk 0 warlord that was on ebay some time ago, I would mass produce the shit out of it.

Anyway, is there any interest in this?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Look at what I got
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Also included was some of the OLD metal epic space marines that were in the early white dwarfs. Mostly basic marines and the missile launcher guys. But one of them is a mini I have never seen before, and it's a sergeant with a chains word with his fist in the air. Totally awesome mini I will post a pic of that later, but I def know what I am using him for.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:58 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

:0 nice!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Old School !!!! You mean this guy ? Image I added the Assault Rifle ... 8) If you are not going to use those any of those Old School SMs, PM me ... ^-^

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

No he's a little thinner and taller, but definately old GW material. Will def post a pic tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Nice find, but as you mention, without others it sort of "odd man out".

Why not resell it on ebay?

I thinking you could probably get a good payback that way.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

KTG17 wrote:
No he's a little thinner and taller, but definately old GW material. Will def post a pic tonight.

Oh ... you mean this guy ! ;D Image I added the bolter ... 8) I've got over 100 of those old school SM still to paint. I'm planning on putting most in a Red Scropion Bn I'm working on ... Plus most of my Dark Angel units are made up on those Old SMs. I'vr been colllecting/hoarding those for years ! ;D Image

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah that looks just like him, only he has what looks like a chainsword where you have a gun. Custom?

Seeing the Dark Angels banner from the Space Marine game box, I decided to let you know what I am doing with that set...

I picked up a mint unopened Space Marine v1 set awhile ago. Along with a minty Adeptus Titanicus set.

Space Marine as you know came with 16 Land Raiders, 32 Rhinos, and 64 stands of marines. So debating on which two armies to paint up, I decided to split them into two groups of four: Four Loyalist, and four Traitor. Since everything that came in the set was divisible by 4, I had 2 Land Raiders, 4 Rhinos, and 8 Stands (making up a single Tactical Detachment) for each Chapter (which matches the typical detachment size). After a lot of thought, I decided on:

Ultramarines
Blood Angels
Space Wolves
Dark Angels

Sons of Horus
Emperor's Children
Death Guards
World Eaters

and I am painting them all up exactly like they are on the inside box, rather than using more recent schemes. If that doesnt feel like an Epic Horus Heresy, then I don't know what does.

From Adeptus Titanicus, I have the 6 warlords that came in the set, which I am modeling after some of the Warlord cards, and painting them up like the ones in the rulebook (Loyalist with red and gold trim I think, Traiter with black and red trim, and camo on the backs!). I've also got a Reaver and Warhound for each side.

ON TOP ON THAT, I have some extra bits I decided to assign to each chapter, like the old metal Dreadnoughts for example. I had enough to make a detachment for 2 chapters, so assigned them to the Space Wolves and the World Eaters. A detachment of the old school Whirlwinds got assigned to the Blood Angels and Emperor's Children. Vindicators to the Ultramarines and Sons of Horus, and detachments of the metal Thudd Guns and Tarantulas for the Dark Angels and Death Guards. I have some other bits but not enough to make proper formations yet.

I also had extra Assault and Devastator stands, but not enough for everyone, so I gave an Assault detachment to the Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Sons of Horus, and World Eaters, and Devastator stands to the Ultramarines, Dark Angels, Emperor's Children, and Death Guards.

The idea was to kind of mirror one chapter from one side with a counterpart in another, but still give each chapter something that kind of indentifies their traits.

I highly doubt I will ever play using everything, but it does feel like its more Horus Heresy with everything going old school.

And I am doing the same with the other races, like the Eldar. Making 4 armies based on the 4 mentioned in the Eldar Legion box set (Eldritch Raiders, Void Watchers, etc). I also have 3 Phantoms for those guys too.

Orks the same thing: 6 distinct armies for the Clans, along with 3 prized Great Gargants.

Still compiling pieces to round out the Imperial Guard, Squats, and Chaos, but I am not going to town on them like I did the ones above. I'm really trying to focus on the Horus Heresy with those sets, with some of the others for some flavor. I've never really appreciated the older designs because my head was always in the new versions, but now, I love the old school ones.

Years from finishing the armies though lol. It took me a long time to do the SM2/TL ones you saw in my reports and I was rushing those. :/

Last edited by KTG17 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh I forget to add (which was the purpose of my post above), I really wanted to have a stand representing the Emperor and Horus, as cheesy as that sounds, so using a Terminator and some other minis to represent Horus, but I havent had anything worthly of being the Emperor until I got that guy. So I plan on surrounding him with some Techmarines with the powerloader thing chopped off to represent those gold bodyguards. Completely noncanon I know, but whatever with all these different chapters I am doing I thought it would be cool to have a supreme commander of some kind. Some random Eldar guy will be featured, as well as Thrakka for the Orks, since he was around in those Rogue Trader books.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

KTG17 wrote:
Yeah that looks just like him, only he has what looks like a chainsword where you have a gun. Custom?

Yeah, I scratch built that Bolter ...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Here's who we used for Horus and The Emperor. For a scenario using Space Hulk tiles for the final battle between the two on Horus's Barge ... Image Yes, I added weapons ... 8)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

KTG17 wrote:
Got this with a small epic lot i won on ebay. The seller didn't include it in the pic for the auction, and sent me some random stuff along with what I won.

Attachment:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417694629.932088.jpg

Really aren't sure what to do with it. As a hardcore fan of the early days of Epic, a metal Defense Laser for the Warlord Mk 0 is awesome, but I prefer to have uniform weapons for my titans, and this is the only Mk 0 weapon I have.

That's the old Volcano Cannon isn't it?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Legion those are awesome and I can't believe you already robbed me of my original idea :/ lol

Yeah its the Volcano Cannon but back in this period it was known as a Defense Laser.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks K ! 8)