Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

If GW re-released epic?

Post subject: Re: If GW re-released epic?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:30 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Apocolocyntosis wrote:
Kyrt wrote:
lead is absolutely awful stuff to be manufacturing consumer products with.

GW metals have not been made of lead for well over a decade. If metals were made they wouldn't have lead in anyway.

(YMMV with recasts of GW metals of course)

Yes I remember them doing it, as it was right in the middle of when I was playing GW games first time round. The models got harder, rougher and more difficult to assemble, it seemed to me. What confuses me to this day is that, at the time, I am sure they plugged their new "white metal" as the best thing since sliced bread, but some years later I kept hearing people refer to white metal as the old stuff i.e. just lead tin alloy.

Just re read my previous post and it doesn't even make sense, I must have deleted the paragraph in between where I veered off talking about "restic". I did however assume that most other manufacturers still use lead but now you mention it that's based on an old view of the world too so could well have changed in which case I'm talking out of my arse!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:23 am 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

Most likely.... In my view... Not necessarily what I want to see most.

I suspect that GW would take a leaf out of Dropzone Commanders book. Epic, rereleased as a 10mm game, with the full contents in a single shot box with terrain, plastic armies (Marines and Orks) for the two major sides, rulers, dice.... Released like Space Hulk (but not as often!). Maybe plastic boxes for other races to add in. Limited units for each side, think IG as only having Guardsmen, Chimera, Leman Russ, Thunderbolts, Commissars, Commanders, Sentinels and a Warlord available, and only in a single IG boxed set in set numbers. Want two Warlords, need two boxed sets.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'd love to see a 10mm version of Epic Space Marine set in the Horus Heresy – a nice nod to the old-timers, without impinging on modern 6mm Epic. Perhaps based on Calth, to allow a genuine red vs blue game, with lots of opportunity for cool complete plastic armies akin to the wüunder-sprue in Epic: 40,000. Just imagine a 10mm Reaver or Warlord!

Alternatively, a boxed game based around Rynn's World would be great – Marines on the backfoot, with orks swarming all over them. Classic 40k imagery, and loads of potential for the models. Again, I'd like to see this in 10mm.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:48 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

I'd far rather see 3mm HH 30k than 10mm. Clash of legions, waves of marine armour rolling out on a scale hardly ever seen in 40k! 10mm titans would be getting a bit big.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Apocolocyntosis wrote:
I'd far rather see 3mm HH 30k than 10mm. Clash of legions, waves of marine armour rolling out on a scale hardly ever seen in 40k! 10mm titans would be getting a bit big.

Awesome idea! Although the scale should 2mm so that it matches the old Imperator.

http://www.taccmd.tacticalwargames.net/ ... 4&p=442181.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:55 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Ulrik wrote:
[
Awesome idea! Although the scale should 2mm so that it matches the old Imperator.

http://www.taccmd.tacticalwargames.net/ ... 4&p=442181.

Ooh think i missed that first time around, nice work! My preference for 3mm over 2mm is purely practical in terms of detail on infantry. Proper sculptors might be able to manage it (would love to see khronos do 2mm 30k!), but i can't get near 2mm with the detail i'd want.

I got about halfway though making a 3mm HH marine dolly once, then broke it by mistake …

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think that for a 2mm game infantry ends up more like markers (especially if they're not in blocks like ancient warfare). But there is still plenty of scope left for vehicles, war engines and titans!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

10mm would be pretty cool. More expensive, but quite a bit more detail could achieved i think?
So it wouldnt really impact epic as it stands at all. Possibly not a great thing, people would want to add to their existing forces I suppose.

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

yorkie wrote:
Legion 4 wrote:
There's a better chance of Little Gray Men landing there flying saucer on the WH lawn for lunch ... And as I have repeatedly said, who needs GW, when there are now a plethora 6mm Sci-fi minis on the market. Not to mention some good rules sets as well ... And even if you still play the various versions of Epic, NetEpic, etc. ... there really is no shortage of minis with eBay and all the 6mm Sci-fi out there ... Many are denizens of this site ... Onslaught, TMG, DRM, Microworld, CinC, Exodus World, PlasmaBlast, Angel Barracks, etc., etc. ...

I know this....

Just thought it would be a bit of fun to discuss what people would like thats all..... :sos

I have large collections of most of the above, but I would definitely still buy a 30k epic box set... ;D

Sure I see your point ... I'd be much more like to think about Sophia Vegera being my next door neighbor ... :o ;D Then wish'n and hope'n GW would do anything Epic again ... Again there is more of chance of Sophia showing up on my door step than GW ever doing Epic again ... ^-^

Attachments:
thCAQEY514.jpg
thCAQEY514.jpg [ 7.28 KiB | Viewed 2863 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Out of interest, where did the notion that Epic is supposed to be a 6mm/1:300 game come from? Is this just inference from players who measured one of the infantry pieces (which GW produced in different sizes by the way), or some statement from GW somewhere? A fairly large proportion of the minis are clearly not 1:300 scale and I am always puzzled when people get worked up by "truescale" what reference for "true" they refer to. No doubt it can rankle when things aren't in the same scale, I get that, but maybe it's the infantry that are wrong ;)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

lylekelm wrote:
They would release it in a different scale just so you would have to buy all new miniatures.

Hi!

LOL!

You beat me to it. Given how GW thinks this is what would happen if they ever decided to re-release it.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Legion 4 wrote:
yorkie wrote:
Legion 4 wrote:
There's a better chance of Little Gray Men landing there flying saucer on the WH lawn for lunch ... And as I have repeatedly said, who needs GW, when there are now a plethora 6mm Sci-fi minis on the market. Not to mention some good rules sets as well ... And even if you still play the various versions of Epic, NetEpic, etc. ... there really is no shortage of minis with eBay and all the 6mm Sci-fi out there ... Many are denizens of this site ... Onslaught, TMG, DRM, Microworld, CinC, Exodus World, PlasmaBlast, Angel Barracks, etc., etc. ...

I know this....

Just thought it would be a bit of fun to discuss what people would like thats all..... :sos

I have large collections of most of the above, but I would definitely still buy a 30k epic box set... ;D

Sure I see your point ... I'd be much more like to think about Sophia Vegera being my next door neighbor ... :o ;D Then wish'n and hope'n GW would do anything Epic again ... Again there is more of chance of Sophia showing up on my door step than GW ever doing Epic again ... ^-^

Hi!

As a latino, I approve your selection and taste in women. ;)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Since the OP asked what we would like to see in an epic release, I would say a boxed set like the original AT based on titans and weapon load-outs. Perhaps follow up products that introduced vehicles and infantry.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

primarch wrote:
lylekelm wrote:
They would release it in a different scale just so you would have to buy all new miniatures.

Given how GW thinks this is what would happen if they ever decided to re-release it.

And the rules care about the size of your unit markers (aka models) how? seriously, there's no functional difference between a card board marker and a model. One if just sexier (hopefully) to look at. Just this week there's a great conversation going on an Epic FB group about using EA rules for 40k models.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

primarch wrote:
Legion 4 wrote:
yorkie wrote:
Legion 4 wrote:

I know this....

Hi!

As a latino, I approve your selection and taste in women. ;)

Primarch

Indeed ! ;D Sorry to go so OT, but this "what if GW re-released Epic" topic, as you know Primarch, like a Nessy sighting. Every so often, someone mentions it and all the same stories, therories, hopes, wishs, predilections , etc. raises it ugly head ... and we're off ! Oh BTW, if Sophia is busy, Selma with work too ... ;D

Attachments:
1_Salma+Hayek.jpg
1_Salma+Hayek.jpg [ 175.83 KiB | Viewed 2832 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next