Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 47  Next

What are you working on?

Post subject: What are you working on?
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It was a Bentley

and I suspect it was the Airfix 1/24th scale model

:cool:

Almost Always Right...

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It certainly was....  :;):  

...the 'corruagted iron' is just from some cardboard packaging I have stacks of...
There are plently of bits of Bently still lying about on my desk, so I'm sure you'll see a couple more pieces sometime..
I'm considering making a wrecked crane with the chassis; I'll keep you informed if anything comes of this idea...  :-:  hehe

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 8:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

I wouldn't have know what make it was even if you wrote it on my forehead.

Imaginative use of models parts!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 7:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Phew! Just finished a mammoth game of AT. The game lasted most of the night and continued this afternoon. Here's a few pics as promised. It's orks and Chaos against the Imperium. The Orks and chaos forces has laid siege to an imperial siege but haven't been able to cross the river into the centre.
The main Ork/Chaos objective is to break throught the Imperial line and destroy the Generator Vulcanis in Close combat.
The Orks has set up a gargant "wurkshup" dangerously close to the Imperial city. If it is allowed to continue it's production the hard pressed Imperial forces will soon crumble under the pressure of gargant reinforcements. It is the Imperial objective to destroy this wurkshup in Close combat and to destroy as many opposing units as possible.

Here's a few pics as promised. First one is an overall vieew of the gaming table.

Nobody expects the Inquisition!!!
http://theepiclounge.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 7:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

As anticipated the battle turned into quite a bloodbath...

Next pic is of the initial deployment.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 7:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

And a few pics of when it really got nasty...

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 7:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

And one more...

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 7:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Wow.. great pics, great models- very nice stuff Warmaster....

I love your beetleback's colour scheme- really nice... looks one fantastically huge battle!

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 7:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

And the last one.

On the southern flank the Khorne titans supported by the Megagargant tore through one Reaver titan battlegroup like a hot knife through butter. Only when a Warlord titan battlegroup armed specificallly for close combat arrived did they encounter any real resistance. When the smoke cleared only a single Banelord and the Megagargant remained standing.

At the centre of the table an Imperator, a Warlord battlegroup and a reaver battlegroup was guarding the bridge into the Imperial city. They were assaulted by a Megagargant supported by two Gargant Big Mobs and a foul Chaos Titan of Nurgle.
The Imperial forces pounded round after round into the approaching gargants but without inflicting any considerable damage to the massive warmachines. The Warlords and Reavers assaulted only to be cut down with uncanny ease. They did however manage to take a few of the hulking gargants -including the Megagargant with them. The Imperator continued to pour plasma bolts into the gargants until it too was silenced by the Nurgle titan. which were now free to cross the bridge into the imperial city.

At the far north things were surprisingly calm for the first few turns. Another Warlord battlegroup supported by two Warhound Scout titans were guarding the streets of the imperial city. They were constantly harassed by a Warp Palace of Tzeentch which kept poppoing up and snap fireing at them only to disappear before any serious harm could bee inflicted upon it.
Located on the hill above them stood a Warmonger titan which spent most of the game raining death on the approaching enemies on the other side of the bridge. When the centre defence collapsed the Warhounds rushed across the bridge in an attemts to stem the tide of gargants in time for the Warlord battlegroup to set up positions. The Warhounds were quickly destroyed but they fulfiilled their puropse and once the approaching Chaos titan and Gargants crossed the bringe the allready battle damaged machines were faced with a barrage of fire from 3 completely unharmed titans with a Warmonger titan to lend supporting fire as well!

The final battle for the bridge resulted in the destruction of the remaining of the gargants from the centre force. The Nurgle titan did however manage to finish of two of it's loyalist cousins before exploding in a ball of roaring plasma.
Remaining on the table were now a single Warlord Titan, a Warmonger  and still pretty far away from the bridge: the Megagargant and banelord from the southern flank. We decided to end the game here as neither side were really capable of continuing the fight and had any hopee of fulfilling their objective.

Wonderfull game ...but bloddy :;):

Cheers! :)

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 8:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks Storm. It was a fantastic battle indeed.

Heres a quick pic of the titans i finished prior to the game thursday. The paint scheme is really simple but it allows for more details to be added later. I'll probably make some banners annd stuff later.
..Aslo included in the pic is a shot of thee Desert raiders Titan legion as a whole.

Cheers :)

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 8:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Wow Warmaster! This really takes me back to my AT days.

Makes me want to take mine out too and get a runble going!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 8:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Terrific stuff Warmaster - the desert scheme is a bit like the one I'm planning for my 3rd Army Titans - guess I'll have to write © WMNice all over their backs.  :;):

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 3:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great pics, models and battle ! Titan vs. Titan/Gargant always reminds me of a Naval action or Gunfight at the O.K. Corral ! :laugh:

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great pics, models and battle ! Titan vs. Titan/Gargant always reminds me of a Naval action or Gunfight at the O.K. Corral !

Starboard batteries: Open Fire!!! ?:;):

Terrific stuff Warmaster - the desert scheme is a bit like the one I'm planning for my 3rd Army Titans - guess I'll have to write ? WMNice all over their backs. ?

Haha! I'd like to see that very much! :D ?:p It makes me wonder if it is possible to get a sponsored Titan ...sort of like the Formula 1 racing cars or something... :;): (edit: I've really grown quite fond of this idea: imagine Ferrari sponsored Speed freeks ...and of course the obvious Goodyear Overlord Armourd Airship...)
The paint scheme was really simple: Thinned down Snakebite leather over white undercoat. Shading wash of graveyard earth, heavy brush of Bubonic brown doing one or two lighter drybrushes with a heavier and heavier mix of white. All three titans took me about 3 hours to complete but there's really not any detail work on them.

Makes me want to take mine out too and get a runble going!

Well... I guess a battle involving all your titans would probably keep you occupied for the next couple of months or so Primarch. Please don't: the real world neeeds you :D

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 3:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hmmm ... maybe titans should have names like Wyatt, Morgan, Virgil, Doc Holiday etc. ! :laugh: :l

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 47  Next