Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

Firestorm's painting diary: The Big Paint (tm) :D

Post subject: Firestorm's painting diary: The Big Paint (tm) :D
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The only infantry Ive ever painted are the onez Ive stuck on vehiclez or Gargantz :;):

Da Gargant Ownerz Klub and Avatarz by KroozA

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

No to be confused with the "BIG Paint" concept ! :D  Yep all my Crew Served Weapons got well painted (?) Crews (see my pics on 6mm Modeling thread !) :laugh:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (firestorm40k @ 23 June 2006 (15:02))
Well, my Horde is growing... slowly... :p

This week I painted the gargantuan total of.........

2 Stands of Epic Guard.

:O ???

That is more then I got painted this week!  :p

dafrca

Come fight me, if you dare...... http://dd-janks.mybrute.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:06 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Thats more than I have painted in YEARS.... :D

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (primarch @ 24 June 2006 (21:06))
Hi!

Primarch

True, when one hires a painter, they do not paint themselves for the most part.  :laugh:

dafrca

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (primarch @ 25 June 2006 (05:06))
Hi!

Primarch

Ha! Guess it's not do bad after all! :D

Especially seeing as I painted another 3 stands of Guardsmen over the weekend.  On to the ones that I stuck those new Fire Suppot Platoon miniatures on - got to say I don't like these at all - I wish I could get hold of some of the old plastic Epic Valhallan Heavy Weapon troopers... till I do the ugly new Fire Suport platoon minis will have to suffice  :/

Anyway, I've had a new distraction added to my painting objectives.  My fiancee's 8-year old son frequently comes in to the room when I'm painting, and goes through my boxes of rulenooks and miniatures, asking all-sorts of questions - which I've done my best to answer so an 8 year-old can understand!  Anyway, he's decided that he wants an army of Imperial soldiers.  He's mad on army stuff, we have to buy all his clothes in camo/khaki colours, so he took a shine to the current Cadian miniatures.

Since friday night he's been going through my books asking what he can have with this saved money, and when he can start painting an army.  So I put together a spare Cadian I had, and helped him to paint this.  I did the hands, face, gun, and mixed the paint, but he did the rest himself.  Not a bad start - he was very excited and couldn't wait to show everyone!

Now he's desperate to go in to town so he can get money form his savings and buy his next set of miniatures.  I haven't encouraged him to do any of this, but somehow I feel I've created a monster...  :;):  :laugh:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This is a good thing. We all need to help encourage the next generation or this hobby will die with us. Computer Games have had a great influence on the way young people see games. But when given an opportunity, they do seem to still love the good miniature army and game.

If you can afford it, help him a little at the start to get a basic army. I bought one nephew a Land Raider to go with his first few units. It got him so pumped. Was worth the money 10 times over. :;):

dafrca

PS: He did a good job too!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great Job !  Approved ! :;):

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:48 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey Firestorm, you're not the only L-4-approved guy around now, see? :D
Nice work, that Cadian :D :cool: :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ahh, it's so good to have these forums back! :D

In the weeks since the demise of the former EpiComms, I've finished painting my Epic Imperial Guard army, took them to Call to Arms (finished 2nd from bottom - fulfilling my primary objective of not finishing last! ?:laugh: ), and was absolutely gob-smacked when they were one of the 3 nominated for Best Army ?:O

Attached is a picture of them lined up on the board (a bit grainy as I took it on my moby phone). ?I was very pleased with how they looked on the board! ?I will post pictures of the finished painted army, at the moment I'm a bit busy with work and with helping my fiancee move out of her house.

I also have an-update on my fiance's son playing wargames - he's painted another Cadian & half, and today I gave him his first game of 40k. ?He used 3 squads of Storm Troopers, I used my two Colossian Armoured Fist Squads (which need painting!), we played a Cleanse mission which was a draw. ?It was great fun, I look forward to our next game!

Finally, I thought I'd review my 'Big Paint' objectives and draw this thread to something approaching a conclusion. ?When I started, my aim was to paint 1,500 points of Fire Storm Chapter Space Marines for 40k, plus finish my 3,000 point Guard army. ?I set out with the intention of not buying any more miniatures until I'd finished these (HA! ?:laugh: ), and my aim was to get it all done by the end of June.

Did I stick to my aims? ?Well, not really. ?I finished the Guard army, but that's it! ?:D

I kept getting distracted by little projects, like finishing Epic Iron Hands for Full Scale Assault in March, and then working on an Inquisition army for the Medusa V campaign. ?Which I STILL haven't finished, and am about to be distracted from AGAIN by expanding the Colssian Inducted Guard Armoured Fist squads to a full army for 40k... ?

So my Space Marines languish in a semi-painted state (I WILL finish them... I just don't know when), and I've started yet MORE projects.

But at the end of the day, I now have two painted Epic armies (Iron Hands Marines & Imperial Guard), and I've converted & painted lots of models. ?So it's been fun! ?My projects will be ongoing:

Next - Epic Orks (normal, Speed Freeks & OGBM!) & 40k Colossian Imperial Guard (7 Tanks!)...

Then - Epic Fire Storm Marines and 40k Lost and the Damned (featuring nearly 200 minitures - I must be MAD!)

Then, after that (assuming I ever finish these, ha!) I want to do Iron Warriors, AMTL, Genestealer Cult, 'Nids and expand my Guard army to 5,000 points. ?And for 40k I might FINALLY finish a Fire Storm Marine army (waiting for rumoured Drop Pod models).

Of course this is not counting the MULTPILE terrain projects for 40k & Epic I'll be doing if we decide to go ahead with wargaming holidays from the b&b in France. ?Oh, and I nearly forgot the 4 BFG fleets I want to finish/make...

I might as well retire now and live out my life as an army making/painting hermit... go on, you know you've al thought of doing the same!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18