Login |  Register |  FAQ

Demonworld

Post subject: Demonworld
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm sensing a growing affinity for 15mm miniatures in myself, so I just have to ask: Has anybody here tried out the game, Daemonworld?

Here's a linkage: http://www.demonworld.com

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:13 pm 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

I considered this, briefly. However, the minis are hugely expensive (or they were when I was looking). I never took it further.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Strange! I thought they were rather cheap.. but then again - it might have changed.. or perhaps all else has just gone up in price :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Kileed by Death, I owned the game for years with all the expansion books. Its a great game with basic, intermediate and advanced rules. THe books come with army cards and the minis are gorgeous. They are somewhat pricey, but not GW pricey. They do sell complete units as represented by the army cards so its very convenient.

The only downside is that the terrain needs hex grids to play, since the movement system needs them. But such a systdm does eliminate movement arguments and line of sight arguements. Some find the hex grid requirement an insurmountable obstacle, some love it.

If you can get players its a good game.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sounds great!

I actually thought of the whole gridthing as a welcome difference from other games. I mean - it might look a little less sophisticated, but come on - it's not a simulation we're trying to do!:cool:

I've always been a bit mad for fantasy, but I'm not really a big fan of GW's Fantasy game (albeit I'd like to try some warmaster).

I wonder if you could give a simple rundown of how it works (very simple of course - don't want to make you work! :D).

Or if anybody knows about any reviews of the game, that would also be welcome.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

I dont have the rulebooks anymore since due to lack of players I sold it off.

In the advanced rules each army unit moves a number of hexes and gets "manuevers" costing hex movement. Unit manuevers are very "historical" like wheeling, changing face and many others.

Units have combat and ballistic skills (not called exactly that) and resolution is with a d20 where you add modifers for ganging up or shooting at the same target. I like this becuase many weaker units can possibly take on and defeat stronger ones. No unstoppable, unkillable units.

Magic is pretty cool and restricted to each army (each has its own powers).

The basic rules are very streamlined and give a quick fun battle. Each level of complexity adds more rules which yo can pick and choose. Pretty customizable. There's rules for almost eveything you'd want.

Sorry cant be more specific, thats most of what I remeber.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well that's very enlightening already (from a perspective of only knowing what's on their site!). Thanks!