Login |  Register |  FAQ

Warmahordes from an Epic perspective

Post subject: Warmahordes from an Epic perspective
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

After having realized that Epic is nowhere close to becoming a tournament game in my neck of the woods, I've picked up some Warmachine models, as that game has quite a big tournament scene in these parts, at least for us.

I'm not quite sold on the game yet, but it seems fun enough. I like the focus/'jack and fury/beasts rules, they look to have just the right complexity for the scale. I'm less enamoured of the infantry rules, they seem a bit fiddly if you field forces with around 20 infantry models (2d6 for attack and damage rolls? hard to speed roll...) Another worry I have is that it might be too MtG-like. I don't really know anything about it, but reading a bit I've gotten the impression that list building may be very important - you pick some well-known combos, and when you play you use them how they are used, leaving not much tactical play. I'm hopefully wrong here.

So, for anybody who has experince with both EA and Warmahordes, how would you compare them? Given that I love Epic, what can I expect to be fun with WM/H?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Warmahordes from an Epic perspective
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

i was heavy into WM for several years. i quit it for epic, because i wasnt feeling the love anymore.

if you dont know what you're missing from 1st edition, and you dont mind ridiculously powerful units/combos, then WM may be the game for you. but personally, since Mk2, i'd rather just sit a tournament out.

Post subject: Re: Warmahordes from an Epic perspective
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

List builing is probably the most important component besides knowing what your oppenents models are capable of. A game of Warmahordes is basically a game of chess that is nicer to look at.

Profile Send private message