Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

The Return of Adeptus Titanicus

Post subject: Re: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

kingzog wrote:
jimmy do you have any links to the old AT art that inspired this? Also it looks a special level of goofy to be in theme with the HH, then again only in 40k would we have something like this.

Attachment:
R0c39a9bae47a591bd470e168bfb39569.jpeg
R0c39a9bae47a591bd470e168bfb39569.jpeg [ 80.49 KiB | Viewed 3676 times ]

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

hot damn they are digging up all the old stuff, I'm gonna assume that the netea titan legion list wont be changed for the new models?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks jimmyzimms for putting it here. I remembered that guy, but from a way smaller picture.

kingzog wrote:
hot damn they are digging up all the old stuff, I'm gonna assume that the netea titan legion list wont be changed for the new models?

Well, in Epic that guy was always just another of the myriad of Warlords Titans same as other illustrations and the MKI II and III miniatures, so given how Epic Armageddon works, there is not much of a point, it is just another of them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

thought about it more after posting and came to the same conclusion. Well here's to hoping we eventually get a imperator kit!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I really like the look of it and I'm planning on buying one and working up stats to use. It'll be powerful and expensive and I wouldn't might if it ended up possible to take in a standard 3k game but probably not the most competitive at that points level due to low activation numbers (similar with the Imperator/Warmonger).

Have to wait and see what it's Titanicus stats are to properly work out Epic stats but it is way bigger so I'm guessing maybe DC10 for Epic, half way between a Warlord and an Imperator. In a titan legion army I normally always give my BTS Warlord a close combat weapon but this may be a shooty only titan that lacks that as a disadvantage. It's weapons look super powerful but it can still only attack / kill one enemy formation a turn and at times it might be overkill.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Stats are up on the GW site if anyone understands AT and can translate it to Epic? Apparently it costs more than twice as much as a Warlord so it must be potent.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:42 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Well we will have to do a comparison, but it does look expensive.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:16 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I had a thought regarding the problems big titans pose and the fact they can only target one enemy formation at a time.

Given games involving AMTL are usually over really quickly, and AMTL players will often deliberately force a fourth turn to get more utility out of their small number of activations. Why not give the army a special rule that victory conditions aren’t checked in the Tournament Scenario until the end of the fourth turn instead of the third, opening the possibility of the game going to a fifth turn. This would allow really big titans like the Warmaster to be included with the opportunity to actually earn their points back. Most opposition would not benefit from the extra turn proportionally as they’re not Int1+ WE and will be more beaten up by the time a fourth turn comes about.

This would also also help AMTL lists internally as it would incentivise taking Battle Titans over Scout Titans and Auxiliaries as the bigger titans have the resilience to be able to reliably contribute to a fourth turn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This is going off-topic, but I still think it would be worth trying a split fire rule for Reaver and larger Titans in the AMTL list.

If on Suppressive Fire, the Titan can choose between using the +1 to hit bonus, or being able to divide their shooting between two target formations. Individual weapons' shots cannot be split between target formations.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes, thats a great rule to try out!

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

IJW Wartrader wrote:
This is going off-topic, but I still think it would be worth trying a split fire rule for Reaver and larger Titans in the AMTL list.

If on Suppressive Fire, the Titan can choose between using the +1 to hit bonus, or being able to divide their shooting between two target formations. Individual weapons' shots cannot be split between target formations.

In a way it has something in common with the Ork gargant "push 'em 'arder" rule... by that I mean you have the option to use it but it costs you something.

Personally though I think this ability has a massive effect on the external AND internal balance of the army:
1. Probably losing a +1 is not big enough negative to counter-balance the positive effect (and the fact you can choose whether to employ it or not, makes it a pure buff). Even if was a -1 it'd still probably be worth doing in a lot of cases.
2. Some weapons will benefit more than others just because of their to-hit rolls. So the buff is worth relatively more for titans equipped with volcano cannons vs barrage weapons.

Needing to stay stationary does constraint it a fair bit though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/25/pop-void-shields-like-bubbles-with-adeptus-titanicus-new-volkite-weapons/

We're getting Volkite weapons for the titans. They're resin upgrades sold separately not plastic.

I was playing around trying to translate the stats for Epic use. Perhaps something like 45cm 4 x AP3+/AT5+ Disrupt Ignore Cover and with a new Voidbreaker special rule that each hit takes down two void/power fields rather than the usual one. I'm balancing this vs the Epic UK Warhound weapons mind which are more powerfully statted than the Net-EA versions.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:37 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I saw someone comment on FB that the rules are not consistent. His argument was that the rules are less powerful than they're being interpreted as (basically they only remove shields 'if it hits' rather than 'for each hit'). Since I don't play the game it's hard to know which is correct though it sounded like a skewed reading of the wording to me, but makes me curious as to which interpretation you are basing the stats from?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I don't play AT or understand how it works really. I just got an overview from the article, looked at the Epic AU stats for the Glaive SM superheavy (that also has a Volkite weapon) and threw together some rough initial stats trying to balance them to be equal to other Epic-UK Warhound weapon options.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

New CC version of the Warmaster! https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... -building/

I'm quite tempted to get one to counts as an impressive Siege Warlord in the Epic UK Iron Warriors list.

I don't know if the Net-EA titan lists will ever add the new titans as playtesting here seems to have largely died sadly. I don't know that this necesarily suggests a loss of players for Epic as the game still seems popular and finding new recruits here in the UK but maybe more that people generally have migrated to facebook groups rather than forums these days. I know the Epic UK testers are working on playtest stats for the Warbringer and Warmaster for the Epic UK titan list though, so whenever that eventually comes out Net-EA people could probably use them in friendly games.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next